Any T-Mobile Stores Confirm Sale Date Prior to 6/15? [Some Walmarts selling 6/8]

Search This thread

digiholic

Apr 5, 2011
purgatory
since most t-mobile stores claimed to have had some and returned them to htc for some "bug fixes" seems like it would be better to get the new ones from t-mobile on 6/15 than the ones from walmart? walmart might be selling duds without the update?

That's one of the reasons I didn't buy one yet. The main reason next.

I didn't let that stop me; since we all know that is temporary. Ill play around with sense 3 until thats resolved, it's by no means unusable.

I would have only bought it had it been S-OFF. Main reason is I have a 22 month upgrade ready for one of our lines so cheaper to get it from T-Mobile. Plus I have to let my local store rep do my upgrade. He will let me keep my old MyTouch3g data plan for $25. It's a plan that is uncapped (for now). My EULA is so old I don't know if they can soft cap it. I go over 5 Gb every month and get the text warnings and note on my account about the soft cap. Still pull 3 Mbs - 7 Mbs HSDPA speeds for weeks after the warnings.

aaronkt

Jul 14, 2008
Kansas City
anyone in the KC area. Got mine at the walmart at boardwalk by zona rosa up north. 160 total. 148.88 + 18 activation or some other crap. GTG!

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I think you guys are nuts for paying more at Walmart than T-Mobile direct to get the phone a week early. What if you have a problem with the phone and need to exchange it? What if Walmart doesn't have them in stock? No offense to Walmart shoppers and associates but they're not exactly known as a purveyor of luxury goods. I could see buying from them if you were saving $100 or more dollars but you'll always get better support from the carrier direct than any third party.

Reactions: setzer715

lilcleo001

Feb 1, 2010
Los Angeles, Ca
I've been calling a few T-Mobile stores this morning. All but one said they won't have them till the 15th.

One store said they will have a delivery today and will call me once they have them.

(LA, CA)

ark2612

Jun 8, 2011
I think you guys are nuts for paying more at Walmart than T-Mobile direct to get the phone a week early. What if you have a problem with the phone and need to exchange it? What if Walmart doesn't have them in stock? No offense to Walmart shoppers and associates but they're not exactly known as a purveyor of luxury goods. I could see buying from them if you were saving $100 or more dollars but you'll always get better support from the carrier direct than any third party.

Well considering that Walmart is selling them on a 2-year upgrade to contract at ~$148 I'm not really sure how that is more than T-Mobile direct.

Second, as someone with a near-dead BB Curve who has been due for an upgrade for 4 months and waiting specifically for this phone I say why should I have to wait another week when this third party already has the phone and at the same price. What kind of support do I need from them past charging my debit card for the purchase? Once I purchase it from them Walmart again becomes non-existent in my life.

ark2612

Jun 8, 2011
Also, I just got off the phone with the Walmart over in Skokie, IL and they have them in stock and ready to purchase. She said they received 2 big boxes of them so there won't be any problem with inventory.

dellybelly

May 21, 2010

Only thing ive ever had to do with Tmobile was pay my bill; i have Squaretrade for my insurance and thats all I really need. I'm going to void my warranty as soon as possible anyway, so not really sure what walmart has to do with the purchase; warranty stuff is handled by HTC in most cases anyway.

And if I had to exchange it and it's not in stock; well it's not in stock for sale anywhere else anyway.

ggrant3876

Jun 17, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas

Walmart is cheaper than T-Mobile by $50.00 and I don't need support from Walmart. Have been in android since 2008, I'll figure it out myself.

Reactions: quahog_convo
C

caliber177

Attention NYC folk, if you want to travel about 30 minutes out to NJ.... Walmart has them as I got off the phone with them...

400 Park Place
Secaucus, NJ 07094
(201) 325-9280 ‎

675 Trip

Feb 17, 2010
CA
I've been calling a few T-Mobile stores this morning. All but one said they won't have them till the 15th.

One store said they will have a delivery today and will call me once they have them.

(LA, CA)

I just stopped by my local store for the 7th time in the last week and the guy who always has the straight info told me that Tmo sent out a communication this AM saying they were not allowed to sell them before the 15th in corporate stores and anyone who did would be risking their job.

The two major stores in SF East Bay both said they did not have them yet and even if they get them early, they are no longer allowed to sell them early since an internal message this morning.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this the kind of thread people lash at you lol. You called ths stores like I did and they said the 15th.... xda isnt gonna be able to tell you different.. i would just look @ tmobile news via droiddog dot come and call your local stores friday saturday and sunday and the days prior to the 15th... good luck.. i want it bad too!

Well...let me set my track record here first...

I was able to get my TouchPro2 2 days early by heading to some select BestBuy stores that had inventory on hand and was willing to sell it. It was a thread just like this that made it possible.

I was also able to get my HD2 2 or 3 days early by calling several local T-Mobile stores. The store I went to said...if the phone is in the system and I have the unit in hand they will sell it. And they did.

So...this is a usefull thread if indeed the phones get sold prior to June 15th. The sooner I get a phone, the sooner I will be able to release a tested ROM or Add-ON.

-CMY
    Seriously, if you are not eligible for an upgrade and customer loyalty offers you the phone for full upgrade price and you ***** about that, you need to just go away. I am not directing this to anyone in particular, more like the ubiquitous you.

Saying tmo sucks or you are cancelling because they won't give you their newest, highest end phone for free days before it even technically goes on sale are just never going to be pleased. I haven't yet used a cell provider as generous as tmo.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
    what you do to get it on? it was in the market? or you sideloaded it?

I just installed the apk I found in the Desire forum using Astro. I attached it, if anyone wants to try it
    I spoke to a tmobile rep today. He told me that a soft launch will happen tomorrow, the 8th in the stores that sell the most phones. All other stores will get them on the 15th. He said the best thing to do is to call around to all the tmobile stores in the AM as soon as they open and ask if they have it. The guy seemed like he was on top of his game and really wanted to help.
    attachment.php

picture of the sensations for prove he does have 4 at the store with s-off