Serious bricked Galaxy Nexus

Search This thread

mickrg123

Jul 21, 2011
I tried unlocking bootloader and root using Superboot. I got into Google boot loop then went to download mode and tried to restore to factory using odin. Phone connected went all the way to end and failed. Now I can not get into recovery or download mode. I just have yellow triangle screen. I cant use adb because laptop does not recognize device. what am I missing. Is there another file to download and use with odin?

mickrg123

Jul 21, 2011
No I can not. All I get is yellow triangle between a phone icon and computer icon. When this happened on droid I could always odin a recovery folder. But I when I try that method I keep getting a failed error message

HybridByNature

Nov 15, 2010
Bloomfield Hills, MI
When I first rooted my PC was having trouble recognizing the phone as well. Make sure you have ALL of the drivers installed. The drivers for adb in recovery/boot are different that the drivers the GNex uses once boot into the OS.

Once it's plugged in, you have to actually go into Device Manager and find the "unrecognized device", then you select from a list of drivers. it will be called Android ADB or something along those lines.

Reactions: niallmal
I tried unlocking bootloader and root using Superboot. I got into Google boot loop then went to download mode and tried to restore to factory using odin. Phone connected went all the way to end and failed. Now I can not get into recovery or download mode. I just have yellow triangle screen. I cant use adb because laptop does not recognize device. what am I missing. Is there another file to download and use with odin?

If you get a Yellow Triangle you are not bricked. Plugin phone and reload fastboot drivers. Try ODIN again or try to flash a custom recovery via fastboot.

mickrg123

Jul 21, 2011
I say "bricked" when I can't do anything with phone. I can not get into fastboot from yellow triangle screen.

phazen18

Jun 21, 2010
I say "bricked" when I can't do anything with phone. I can not get into fastboot from yellow triangle screen.

Fastboot IS the yellow triangle screen. If fastboot doesn't see any devices, you have a driver issue. Go into device manager and look for devices without proper drivers loaded (usually a yellow exclamation mark on the device)

mickrg123

Jul 21, 2011
Ok thx, Fastboot does not see any devices in device manager. I do have a second GNex when I connect it to computer it is recognized. How do I get drivers from fastboot?

S

Samsuck

Ok thx, Fastboot does not see any devices in device manager. I do have a second GNex when I connect it to computer it is recognized. How do I get drivers from fastboot?

I hope all goes well for you. Try installed PDANET on the working Nexus, and get the drivers from their PC software.

mickrg123

Jul 21, 2011
I do have drivers from pdanet installed. But this phone will not connect to laptop. I thought Fastboot screen was when you hold down vol up and down and power at same time.

silow

Jan 12, 2009
I haven't encountered a yellow triangle screen you spoke of. Neither the fasboot or download mode should have that. Can you take a pic and post it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

mickrg123

Jul 21, 2011
Here is screen I cant get past. (I don't think this is fastboot is it) And the odin error screen. Fyi nexus is just a sticker not on phone.

Capture124.jpg

Capture123.jpg

Last edited:

silow

Jan 12, 2009
No that is not fast boot. Can you get into fast boot with Power, Vol +, Vol- ?

mickrg123

Jul 21, 2011
That's what I thought, someone had told me yellow triangle IS fastboot. I cannot get to any other screen!
I have had this screen on my Samsung Charge all I had to do was load stock .tar through odin, but I keep getting error message with this phone.

silow

Jan 12, 2009
Are you able to get into Fastboot ( Power, Vol+, Vol-) or download mode (Power, Vol-) at all?

mickrg123

Jul 21, 2011
No I can not get to any other screen. Holding vol up, down and power, or holding vol down and power, all take me to same screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Order a USB jig from ebay this forces you into download mode on most devices, worked for my nexus.
    When I first rooted my PC was having trouble recognizing the phone as well. Make sure you have ALL of the drivers installed. The drivers for adb in recovery/boot are different that the drivers the GNex uses once boot into the OS.

Once it's plugged in, you have to actually go into Device Manager and find the "unrecognized device", then you select from a list of drivers. it will be called Android ADB or something along those lines.
    Wow people. You guys need to maybe throttle back on the crazy stuff you're doing to your phones.

Flashing CDMA files to a GSM phone? Ouch.

Doing ANYTHING without a Nandroid? WTF?

Pushing stuff to the phone using ODIN without knowing the difference between adb and fastboot? Eeesh.

There are dozens if not hundreds of people on this site that will help you if you don't understand something. If you don't understand something well enough to do it without step by step instructions, I really don't recommend trying undocumented solutions.

Add me on Talk, my forum name @ gmail.