Get the most out of my Sidekick.

Search This thread

dogojosho

Jan 7, 2011
California
Hey everyone. I'm a litte new to these forums but not to phones/hacking/etc.

Just wondering what you all think is the best way to get the best from my phone. I'm running GOv2. Any app recommendations or themes, launchers, etc.
Thanks everyone.

Sent from my T-Mobile sideK!CK 4G

sidekick_fanatic

Jan 23, 2012
YO!!!!!! I just ran V6 and holy sh*t! I have NEVER seen a phone this fast! web pages load so fast its retarded! and im on gsm only, not even using 4g! if anyone hasnt run v6 yet, what the f#%k are you waiting for?

dogojosho

Jan 7, 2011
California
Alright I downloaded it, which option would I use would you say? (1-9)?
and Im running into some problems... I tried optiond 7,8 and 9 but none seem to be staying.. any ideas?

Last edited:

sidekick_fanatic

Jan 23, 2012
in order to make it permanent, you need a root file browser that lets you mount /system as read write and also lets you make new folders. browse to /system/etc, mount system as read/write, create a folder, name it init.d and supercharge will now be permanent. also, i run options 7 and 13.

dogojosho

Jan 7, 2011
California
Thanks I got it!
Actually init.d was already there, but what I had to do was use script manager and set "99SuperCharge" to run on boot and that seemed to fix it.
And okay running 7 and 13 and now waiting for reboot...
I'll edit this post and tell you what I think!:)
Edit:
Alright I seems to be running better!
Yes thank you for that recommendation:)

Last edited:

sidekick_fanatic

Jan 23, 2012
if you had init.d, you shouldnt need to run anything at boot. also, which version are you running? im running supercharger update 9. update 9 has 30 options, whereas update 8 has i think only ten. with update 9, if you have init.d, supercharge should be permanent. im not even on a custom rom. im on stock firmware. i created the init.d folder myself, and i dont have to set anything to run at boot.

dogojosho

Jan 7, 2011
California
Interesting, okay I checked and yes I am running update 8. I'll update it tomorrow and see how it goes. Since that'll be tomorrow I will post a new reply.
But yea since I'm running update 8 that explans why I had to set it to run at boot. Thanks for you help!:)

Sent from my T-Mobile sideK!CK 4G