[Q] Having trouble installing custom recovery - Unlocked and rooted TF700

Search This thread

Deetrixx

Feb 19, 2014
London
Hello,

I am a new user, but I will do my best at providing as much information as possible to help the experts out here.

My TF700 device is currently rooted, and unlocked. I am on JB 4.2.1 using build 10.6.1.14.8 (US). I have also installed the newest available TWRP from the play store. USB debugging is enabled on my tablet.

I am attempting to follow the steps in sbdags fantastic guide to installing CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.3 DEODEX: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2425383
I would have posted to that thread with my question, but I am not allowed as I am a new user.

I have had no problem following the steps up until I reached the part where I needed to download Scott's Custom Recovery Tool. The instructions are quite unclear. I have downloaded the recovery tool, put the folder on my desktop. I did some digging around and realized I have to rename a .blob file to recovery.blob and put it in the file. I believe that I downloaded the correct version and renamed it to recovery.blob. The version I downloaded was openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.2-tf700t.blob

I renamed the file to recovery.blob and ran "Scott's TF700T Recovery Install Tool.bat". The following appeared:
Here we go! Rebooting to bootloader now! (this didn't actually do anything on my tablet)
adb server is out of date. killing...
ADB server didn't ACK
* failed to start daemon *

There is an adb that came with the recovery tool I downloaded from the thread I linked, but I'm not sure what I am missing. Other threads mention it was straightforward so I am not sure what I am missing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello,

I am a new user, but I will do my best at providing as much information as possible to help the experts out here.

My TF700 device is currently rooted, and unlocked. I am on JB 4.2.1 using build 10.6.1.14.8 (US). I have also installed the newest available TWRP from the play store. USB debugging is enabled on my tablet.

I am attempting to follow the steps in sbdags fantastic guide to installing CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.3 DEODEX: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2425383
I would have posted to that thread with my question, but I am not allowed as I am a new user.

I have had no problem following the steps up until I reached the part where I needed to download Scott's Custom Recovery Tool. The instructions are quite unclear. I have downloaded the recovery tool, put the folder on my desktop. I did some digging around and realized I have to rename a .blob file to recovery.blob and put it in the file. I believe that I downloaded the correct version and renamed it to recovery.blob. The version I downloaded was openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.2-tf700t.blob

I renamed the file to recovery.blob and ran "Scott's TF700T Recovery Install Tool.bat". The following appeared:
Here we go! Rebooting to bootloader now! (this didn't actually do anything on my tablet)
adb server is out of date. killing...
ADB server didn't ACK
* failed to start daemon *

There is an adb that came with the recovery tool I downloaded from the thread I linked, but I'm not sure what I am missing. Other threads mention it was straightforward so I am not sure what I am missing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Try my recovery guide here ;)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2646279

Deetrixx

Feb 19, 2014
London

Thanks so much for the guide, was very easy to follow and appeared to work well, one question though.

I was able to follow the steps, the device seemed to have flashed ok (at least the .bat file didn't give me any errors, nor did anything appear out of the ordinary on the tab when it was going through the steps.

However, when I hold down vol down + power following happens:
"Key driver not found.. Booting OS" appears at the top left of the screen, along with 2 other lines regarding bootloader and firmware version info, and "starting fastboot USB download protocol" on another line.
Then I hit vol up on the RCK icon
"Booting recovery kernal image" appears on the top left of the screen.
The android appears and it says "installing system update" below it.
Within about 3 seconds the android changes to lying on his back with the red warning symbol above him with "Error!" below.

Any ideas what this is, or how to fix it? I know my tab still works okay because I can still load my old OS fine, but wondering how to get this working properly.

Thanks again for your help!

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
TI was able to follow the steps, the device seemed to have flashed ok (at least the .bat file didn't give me any errors, nor did anything appear out of the ordinary on the tab when it was going through the steps.

However, when I hold down vol down + power following happens:
"Key driver not found.. Booting OS" appears at the top left of the screen, along with 2 other lines regarding bootloader and firmware version info, and "starting fastboot USB download protocol" on another line.
Then I hit vol up on the RCK icon
"Booting recovery kernal image" appears on the top left of the screen.
The android appears and it says "installing system update" below it.
Within about 3 seconds the android changes to lying on his back with the red warning symbol above him with "Error!" below.

Any ideas what this is, or how to fix it?

This is the stock recovery. Are you sure you followed step 6? (you must not hold volume-down at the *first* reboot directly after flashing the new recovery)

Deetrixx

Feb 19, 2014
London
This is the stock recovery. Are you sure you followed step 6? (you must not hold volume-down at the *first* reboot directly after flashing the new recovery)

I have it working now, I just followed all the steps again and this time it seemed to work fine. That must have been what I missed.

Thanks for your help! Let the fun begin!!!!

Reactions: sbdags

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have it working now, I just followed all the steps again and this time it seemed to work fine. That must have been what I missed.

Thanks for your help! Let the fun begin!!!!