[Q] Replace battery?

Search This thread

shaun298

Jun 14, 2011
Union City Indiana
Well, it seems to last about the same as the original battery that I used for a year and a half. Which means I have to put it on a charger every other night or it will day before the next night. When my tablet was new (and I was really hammering the usage back then), I could normally go 3 or 4 days between charges.

Newegg just got back to me with this:

So, they are saying that Samsung made all the replacement batteries for these tablets back when they manufactured the tablets themselves and they are not making new batteries for it any more. Effing LAME!

I would have lookeed for any manufacture that that makes that physical size and mah. I had an Acer a 500 and got a 2013 battery for it last year. I just look for the same dimensions and size. Its a pain in bass.

stuartv

May 30, 2012
if you battery is dead, i just go to samsung service center, ill be cheap though.

I got a quote from a Samsung service center before I bought the battery on Newegg. They quoted me $150 to change out the battery and they wouldn't sell me a battery to let me do it myself. And, from what I know now, I have to believe they would have swapped in another 2 (or more) year old battery when they did it, which does me NO good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've had my Note 10.1 for about a year and a half and the battery no longer lasts nearly as long as it did when it was new. I'm now having to charge it just about every day, if I use it at all.

I called Samsung. Of course, the warranty is only 1 year and I'm past that, so they gave me the # to their service center (RSI - Repair Services Inc). I called them and they said it would be $159 to replace the battery. I can't see spending that much. I asked if I could buy a replacement battery and they said no.

Do any of you know where I can get a replacement battery? And instructions on how to disassemble/reassemble?

I've completely disassembled/reassembled numerous laptops and a Galaxy Note 2 phone - and they even worked afterwards and had no leftover parts! ;) So, I'm pretty comfortable in thinking I can do it myself, with at least a little guidance on how to get it apart (and maybe even without that).

Or, I would consider paying a service to do it, if it's $100 or less, if you know of one. Especially if it's local to the northern VA/DC area.

TIA!
    So, just FYI, there's a kit with a video on how to do it here:

http://www.newpower99.com/Samsung_G...eplacement_Kit_p/samsung galaxy note 10.1.htm

That kit is $50.

But, Newegg has just the OEM battery for $33 (w/free shipping).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0890RC4649

The "kit" only adds the plastic tool for prying open the casing, and maybe a jeweler's screwdriver. I have that stuff and couldn't see spending $17 plus whatever the shipping would be for it anyway, so I have the battery coming from Newegg.

Woohoo!!
    Important things to do when you change the battery:
    • Clear battery cache (need root)
    • Do a several time charge cycles

Note:
    Only clear battery cache right after fully charge then unplug from charger.
    3 - 4 charge cycle would be enough (1 charge cycle = 0% to 100%)

I did not clear the battery stats. I am rooted. I have had the new battery installed for about 2 weeks now and have had several full charging cycles. 6 or more.

But, if the new battery really had 7000 mAh capacity (or anywhere near that), even without clearing my stats, they should be trending upwards, right, not down?
    Battery stat related problems have swarmed this forum since the dawn of android.
    Many complained about lower battery life after switching ROMs & batteries.
    Try 1 more cycle (deplete the battery then fully charge) then delete the battery stat & unplug.
    Use the unit for your daily routines for several days & check again if the battery performance still go south.

FYI,my N8000 is around 1 year now & I've "abused" it almost everyday with very heavy usage (plenty syncs,fullday internet 3G &/or WiFi,Online & Offline games,music, Bluetooth,web browsing,eBook readings,notes taking & many more) that require me to charge twice a day.
    Occasionally I let it rest to check the battery performance & I still get 14 - 18 hours from a single charge with still heavy internet usage for plenty syncs & web browsing only.
    I'm looking forward to buy a replacement battery if this one is out of juice.
    I know they go bad. But, where do I find the date code and how do I interpret it?

Got a 700mah off ebay and just ask the seller. The date code should be on the bat, just google battery date codes, their are many. It is worth the effort to get a good one.