[Q] Galaxy S II GT-I9100G usb driver

Search This thread

jackson.james

Feb 19, 2011
hi guys, i bought a Galaxy S II GT-I9100G two weeks back and everything was running good and i updated the firmware through the official site to DZKJ2 (Android ver. 2.3.6) and now when i connect my phone to my pc via usb it shows unknown device and i dont see the usb mount option on the drop down notication menu .. and now i am in total mess .. can only transfer files via wifi .. someone help me out .. havnt rooted my phone as yet .. but first this needs to be fixed in order to root the phone i guess ... H E L P :(

lorkanoel

Oct 16, 2011
Chunan,Taiwan
hi guys, i bought a Galaxy S II GT-I9100G two weeks back and everything was running good and i updated the firmware through the official site to DZKJ2 (Android ver. 2.3.6) and now when i connect my phone to my pc via usb it shows unknown device and i dont see the usb mount option on the drop down notication menu .. and now i am in total mess .. can only transfer files via wifi .. someone help me out .. havnt rooted my phone as yet .. but first this needs to be fixed in order to root the phone i guess ... H E L P :(

try this:

Turn on USB debugging mode in galaxy s2 from Setting>Applications>Development>USB Debugging

teenvista

Nov 22, 2011

This worked for me

1. Unplug the USB cable

2. On the cell phone, dial the following number: *#7284# Once the last # is hit, the PhoneUtil application is launched. Choose USB -> Modem and then USB -> PDA mode. The good mode should be PDA. Even if the mode is PDA, switch to Modem and then back to PDA.

3. Plug the USB cable.

Note:

* Repair USB connection for any Samsung Android phone

Reference: search youtube for "Samsung kies wont connect my samsung galaxy s!? (fix!)"

jackson.james

Feb 19, 2011
This worked for me

1. Unplug the USB cable

2. On the cell phone, dial the following number: *#7284# Once the last # is hit, the PhoneUtil application is launched. Choose USB -> Modem and then USB -> PDA mode. The good mode should be PDA. Even if the mode is PDA, switch to Modem and then back to PDA.

3. Plug the USB cable.

Note:

Reference: search youtube for "Samsung kies wont connect my samsung galaxy s!? (fix!)"

thanks alot mate .. it worked :)

MyXp

Dec 23, 2011
@teenvista, Thanks a lot! That worked. Samsung should be ashamed of themselves for making their users go through such obscure steps to get one of their flagship phones working with their own software.

ed23

Jan 9, 2012
This worked for me

1. Unplug the USB cable

3. Plug the USB cable.

Note:

hi, i was searching for solution for quite sometime. tried yours and worked perfectly, thanks!

iam123

Aug 16, 2011
Delhi
This worked for me

1. Unplug the USB cable

3. Plug the USB cable.

Note:

this worked for me. Thanks.

Vatanak

Dec 29, 2011
My debugging Development of my galaxy SII is not working

Dear everyone,

My debugging Development on my phone (Sumsung Galaxy SII is not working). I got no hope, right now. My PC cant detect my phone. IT says the device driver is installed , but i can't see the USB connected popping up on my phone's screen.

What can I do now?

I really appreciate it.

Vatanak

Dec 29, 2011
Oh, you know what , I almost forgot to thanks somebody about the dial code "*#7284#" , wow , it works like a charm !!!!!!

Thanks so much for all your helps!!!

Sent from my SHW-M250L using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This worked for me

1. Unplug the USB cable

3. Plug the USB cable.

Note:

New thread for the I9100G users

Added a new thread for this G variant in the General discussions forum plus having a poll.

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1545307

Post your questions!!!

Thank me if you liked my work. Love you all..REALLY!!!
    Thank you, worked 100%