AT&T Release Date???

Search This thread

darkamikaze

Aug 7, 2010
Candyland
those are great pics if it really came from the One X.

Are there high res versions of those since the smaller ones usually hide the detail/imperfections?

kennethpenn

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2006
Washington, D.C.
briefmobile.com
those are great pics if it really came from the One X.

Are there high res versions of those since the smaller ones usually hide the detail/imperfections?

http://www.nitrolicious.com/blog/2012/03/28/miami-htc-one-trip-day-1-w-prime-italian-set/
http://www.nitrolicious.com/blog/20...e-trip-day-2-yardbird-yacht-soho-beach-house/
http://www.nitrolicious.com/blog/2012/04/02/miami-htc-one-trip-day-3-the-standard-the-setai-zuma/

Here's where those pics came from (I think). No high-res ones to be seen, but great examples of the One X's incredible camera capabilities.

JamesR913

Dec 23, 2008
Last edited:

UMGixxer

Jun 30, 2008
If they do decide to unviel the SGS3 on 5/03 how long would one expect for it to launch in the US?

x3phyr

Jul 8, 2010
Saranac, Michigan
If they do decide to unviel the SGS3 on 5/03 how long would one expect for it to launch in the US?

barring a global release you're looking at september/november, like the Galaxy SII before it. Use your upgrade on a One X if you have one, and when the SIII is released, sell your One X for 400+ and essentially buy a Galaxy SIII at subsidized price off contract. 300 or so.

UMGixxer

Jun 30, 2008
barring a global release you're looking at september/november, like the Galaxy SII before it. Use your upgrade on a One X if you have one, and when the SIII is released, sell your One X for 400+ and essentially buy a Galaxy SIII at subsidized price off contract. 300 or so.

Yeah there is no way I could wait that long, and I will be using my upgrade to get the One XL and Im not one to just change phones in the middle of a contract, if I get it im gonna stick with it, although I have made great use out of my Captivate thru the use of dev roms and such, but htc has a completely different way of doing such things so I guess I need to start learning the ropes, because hopefully in the next couple weeks I will be the new proud owner of the One :D

s.m.knipe

Aug 2, 2009
Shepherdstown, WV
I know it holds no weight whatsoever (AT&T has made some pretty stupid marketing moves in the past), but I think the Samsung announcement on May 3rd is a pretty good indicator that we'll get the One XL on the 22nd. They need a cushion of the latest and greatest before the tech sites have something new and flashy to write about and bump up the Google search algorithm and news pages. In fact, I think they've hesitated too long already (the announcement is out and people's heads are already turned). It's just my two cents, but I really think this announcement will force AT&T's hand to try to keep their stock of One XL's they have coming/came(?) relevant and sold...

PS I am not saying that Samsung or the GSIII is will/be a better device (I think it will be on paper, but in my experience with 3 samsung galaxy devices real world use is lacking quite a bit- especially Touchwiz- so they will be roughly equals throughout this year), just that consumers naturally have short attention spans, and why would the less-informed of them buy something "old" that was announced and all the news is from back during the winter when this flashy new device is just around the corner. AT&T has historically taken the stance that it doesn't matter, either now or later they will get the sale- but if they had marketed the One XL heavy with hype these past two weeks and the upcoming one, they could have sales now AND potentially in the fall as well (from us device whores out there)...

Just thoughts, but I now definitely think we'll be seeing this device next week...

Again thanks to EGBTMagus and iamthedudeman for their insider info and intuitions, all things combined this looks more likely each day...

x3phyr

Jul 8, 2010
Saranac, Michigan
I know it holds no weight whatsoever (AT&T has made some pretty stupid marketing moves in the past), but I think the Samsung announcement on May 3rd is a pretty good indicator that we'll get the One XL on the 22nd. They need a cushion of the latest and greatest before the tech sites have something new and flashy to write about and bump up the Google search algorithm and news pages. In fact, I think they've hesitated too long already (the announcement is out and people's heads are already turned). It's just my two cents, but I really think this announcement will force AT&T's hand to try to keep their stock of One XL's they have coming/came(?) relevant and sold...

PS I am not saying that Samsung or the GSIII is will/be a better device (I think it will be on paper, but in my experience with 3 samsung galaxy devices real world use is lacking quite a bit- especially Touchwiz- so they will be roughly equals throughout this year), just that consumers naturally have short attention spans, and why would the less-informed of them buy something "old" that was announced and all the news is from back during the winter when this flashy new device is just around the corner. AT&T has historically taken the stance that it doesn't matter, either now or later they will get the sale- but if they had marketed the One XL heavy with hype these past two weeks and the upcoming one, they could have sales now AND potentially in the fall as well (from us device whores out there)...

Just thoughts, but I now definitely think we'll be seeing this device next week...

Again thanks to EGBTMagus and iamthedudeman for their insider info and intuitions, all things combined this looks more likely each day...

My thoughts exactly. I think we'll see it sunday.

vioalas

Apr 3, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
I'm keeping my eyes and ears open these next two or three days. But you know what? I think it'd be a damn shame if AT&T announced a phone on Wednesday for a Sunday release. Part of it is the Lumia 900s fault. Part of it is because they know the people who preorder are waiting around, like us. GAH

NardVa

Mar 20, 2011
Ok its Monday and nobody in the blog world is reporting anything about the HTC One XL on AT&T.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

davidjacobs21

Apr 11, 2012
Boy Genius report just posted it should be this week!! They dont have the greatest track record, but its starting to become more a of reality :)

Reactions: x3phyr

onthezone

Mar 12, 2007
I was all set to get the One X, and was starting to get excited about a possible 4/22 release. (My Inspire 4g is getting a little long in the tooth) but now after seeing this this morning

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/16/samsung-will-unveil-the-next-galaxy-phone-may-3rd-in-london/

I am tempted to wait. I went and played with the Note this weekend and reall like the Samsung hardware but after running ICS on my Inspire I could never go back to GB.

IMO samsungs give android bad name for the long update times and I will never buy another Samsung again because it too 3-4 monthes to fix a simple lock screen pin glitch for my original galaxy s2. Same goes for the infuse with gb taking forever, Samsung has 4 phones out with AT&T which all are going to take awhile to update and still waiting for the skyrocket hd then galaxy 3. That's too many phones.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

It would make sense to release on april 22 to counter sprints galaxy nexus and to keep it quite so sprint doesn't trash talk like always.

darkamikaze

Aug 7, 2010
Candyland
BGR is infamous for praising Apple products but their exclusivity can be a hit or miss.

I've seen it go both ways, so this may or may not be true lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got notified that we are having a merchandising reset on 4/22, It also mentions that more information will be available about the reset on 4/18.
    I just read on the other Android HTC One X forums that this poster from AT&T customer care couldn't find any info on the release date for HTC One X. They searched everything including the "AT&T Insider," everything is promoting the Lumia 900 and Titan II. This is conflicting info against EGBTMagus. Any thoughts??? I really hope EGBTMagus is right with the 4/22 release date!!!! I've been waiting ever since I heard about it at MWC!!!!

Customer Care from AT&T never takes training's on devices so other then official announcements they wouldn't know anything.

I just want to be clear, I am not saying it will be 100% released on the 22nd. Just 6 years with the company I know what to look for when a new device launches. I can be wrong and AT&T just pull a device without replacing it (wouldn't be the first time but rarely does it happen). Also HTC only has 2 Android devices with AT&T. If they discontinue one of their best sellers they would need something to fill the gap.

SkizzMcNizz, If you are about to run your course with your return period then don't blame me if my guess is wrong.

Heres the entire email...
    EGBTMagus, do you still think the April 22nd date is a possibility? Everything seems to be pointing at that date. Have you been able to find it in your system yet?

Yes its totally possible. On Wednesday our merchandising reset site will be updated to reflect 4/22 so I will know more then. Only problem is im off the next two days so I wont be able to confirm anything till Thursday which we will get a confirmation by then hopefully.
    1516195 allinger

At&t releases phones on Sundays twice a month. The 22nd is one if those days. As longs as I have known it has never been different other than with the iPhone.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I know that. The Marketing, commercials, bill boards and magazine ads, web ads are not to be released to ATT until the following day. My office is not open on Sunday. We have a meeting with ATT corporate to go over the ads for the Florida market on Mon.

Ads for products are marketed usually to a regions demographic. ATT has their own marketing dept for the entire US. They already have a commercial and ads for the phone. I seen them last week. We are being told to go with '4G' as the main selling point. Since Florida has a good bit of 4G areas already available, especially in central FL, Tampa and Orlando.
    I'm an AT&T Employee and just completed a training for the HTC One XL... we have a store reset on April 22nd (which usually means new devices since we pull EOL devices). I'm gonna guess that might be the release date also since the HTC Inspire is finally coming off the wall and last time I talked to the HTC Rep they said that when the Inspire is done the Vivid will replace its price range and the One XL will replace the Vivid.