[Q] Too late now to buy GS2 I777 or no ?

Search This thread

mahanddeem

Nov 13, 2011
Hello
I am thinking seriously to buy the GS2 of AT&t to use it with my ST SIM card...Now please I want to know your opinions , should I go for this Galaxy S2 , or not ? should I wait some time for something new ? I know this device is of August or Sep 2011 technology , but stil the hardware is excellent ...
Another point is that I can get it for around 450$ locally from AT&T store (plus tax extra) .. is that a good price from a trustful seller ?
Thanks

Edit : I will not buy it through ATT contarct ... I will pay full retail price and get a ST SIM...

Last edited:

LiLChris06

Nov 23, 2011
XDA
Personally I would at least wait till May 3rd for the SGSIII announcement even though we wont get it will end of the year but its nice so you know before you jump the gun. ;)

alex4lex

Jul 29, 2010
SLC, UT
Examine your own needs thoroughly.

I don't have LTE, I don't have huge hands (No One X or anything above 4.5 for me!) and I wanted a phone that could last through a day and then some on moderate usage. The GSII in my opinion still trumps other newer phones. It's got great battery life, huge developer community, great screen, and the almighty Exynos to power your games :D

inspectagadget

Mar 19, 2005
Las Vegas
Hello
I am thinking seriously to buy the GS2 of AT&t to use it with my ST SIM card...Now please I want to know your opinions , should I go for this Galaxy S2 , or not ? should I wait some time for something new ? I know this device is of August or Sep 2011 technology , but stil the hardware is excellent ...
Another point is that I can get it for around 450$ locally from AT&T store (plus tax extra) .. is that a good price from a trustful seller ?
Thanks

I love my SGSII! But, if I were you I would also wait until the SGSIII announcement. I am a gadget freak so for me it's hard to stick to one phone for long, but I'd have to say that the SGSII is one of the best devices one could own.

Reactions: mahanddeem

evohmonkie

Mar 20, 2010
I bought a refurbished/like-new gsII for $250 just 2 weeks ago to use with ST. Im am very satisfied with it thus far(was previously using a Samsung infuse 4g). SGH-i777 runs noticeably faster though i prefer the larger 4.5in screen on the infuse. And yes 4g is available and works very well through att + straight talk for me.

If your looking for a bargain, i would look for a used gs II (~$250 is a great deal for buying a smart phone like this off contract). But if you have 400-500 spend, you might as well wait for the newer phones which have larger screens with better resolutions and better specs overall.

mattdm

Dec 31, 2011
But if you have 400-500 spend, you might as well wait for the newer phones which have larger screens with better resolutions and better specs overall.

That estimate seems really low. The S2 (both international and AT&T) is still selling for like $550 new. You think the S3 is going to sell for less than $500? It'll probably be more like $750...

mahanddeem

Nov 13, 2011
That estimate seems really low. The S2 (both international and AT&T) is still selling for like $550 new. You think the S3 is going to sell for less than $500? It'll probably be more like $750...

That's a smart point indeed ...

AT&T stores and website are selling the GS2 I777 for $449.99 now
Maybe a little less in 1 or 2 months , ~$350-$400
And for sure GS3 price would be skyhigh in the near future , ~$750 or more when released , at least 3-4 months from now ... Clearly out of my budget..

aj9507

Mar 22, 2012
Las Vegas
The SGSII is a great phone and it still has a few more good years left in it and like mentioned in earlier postings still competes if not blows away newer devices. if LTE is not a big deal for you and getting the latest and greatest right away is not your thing, then by all means grab this phone. It has great community support and with it being somewhat of an older model it could be had at a bargain with some research. i got mine for $51 including taxes with a 2 year agreement which i didnt mind cause I just got added to a family plan at Fry's electronics. Anyway grab one or not you wont be disappointed.

evohmonkie

Mar 20, 2010

well, full retail price will definitely be up there but you can usually find people reselling newer model phones between 400-600 in new/like-new condition off of craigslist/ebay/amazon. Also i pretty much consider everything above $500 to be in the same price range. If your really gonna drop $500 on a phone, might as well add the extra 100 or 200 to get best of the best.

If you look hard enough i know you can find great deals out there, or you could always pay full retail too i guess.

Last edited:

mattdm

Dec 31, 2011
well, full retail price will definitely be up there but you can usually find people reselling newer model phones between 400-600 in new/like-new condition off of craigslist/ebay/amazon. Also i pretty much consider everything above $500 to be in the same price range. If your really gonna drop $500 on a phone, might as well add the extra 100 or 200 to get best of the best.

If you look hard enough i know you can find great deals out there, or you could always pay full retail too i guess.

You should always be extremely wary of buying a phone from craigslist/ebay/ecrater...I've seen a few sellers purporting to sell the Galaxy Note for $250-$450 new, and they've all had no ratings and unsigned web pages. Suspicious to say the least.

Reactions: siabhas
S

StompedGrapes

That's a smart point indeed ...

AT&T stores and website are selling the GS2 I777 for $449.99 now
Maybe a little less in 1 or 2 months , ~$350-$400
And for sure GS3 price would be skyhigh in the near future , ~$750 or more when released , at least 3-4 months from now ... Clearly out of my budget..

$9.99 att refurb with new line.

Stomp Em Drink Em SGSII

S

StompedGrapes

Yes PLUS 2-year $70+ monthly AT&T leash

flash that ***** to straight talk. Well can do it nicer by unlock and apn change.
c6e4ea13-9527-29f4.jpg

Stomp Em Drink Em SGSII

Last edited:

CaliCal

Apr 3, 2012
SoCal
You should always be extremely wary of buying a phone from craigslist/ebay/ecrater...I've seen a few sellers purporting to sell the Galaxy Note for $250-$450 new, and they've all had no ratings and unsigned web pages. Suspicious to say the least.

bull. i sell phones all the time and obviously if its $250 for a note then thats a scam why bother. got a skyrocket for sale now for $350
you don't need LTE cause you're running ST.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you explain more please ? you mean LTE ? I don't think my city would get LTE at least for a year from now...

Yes, LTE is what I meant. If LTE is not a big deal for you, and you can't wait for the Galaxy III, then I say go for it.
    Hello
    Thanks

I love my SGSII! But, if I were you I would also wait until the SGSIII announcement. I am a gadget freak so for me it's hard to stick to one phone for long, but I'd have to say that the SGSII is one of the best devices one could own.

OP,

Beware. I read something about a guy using ST and his service getting deactivated. Something about using too much data. He said they also couldn't tell him how much was too much. The amount I remember wasn't even a huge amount; it might have been somewhere in the ballpark of 2 gigs or so.
    i just bought the i777 yesterday or $350 like-new on eBay. I have been switching around phones a lot lately and find the S2 to have the best android camera available (INCLUDING THE ONE X). The Galaxy Nexus camera is just terrible compared to the S2. With CM9 on the S2, it's a no-brainer for me. It's a very good phone and a fantastic price on eBay anyway.

The Nexus is over $450 and the One X is around 650-700. The S3 will likely be around that price too until it's available on US networks, but think about how long it took last year and the year before? You'll be waiting until mid-summer at the earliest I would think and even then it would be really expensive.