[Q] Root Z Ultra

Search This thread

LordBli

Jun 12, 2013
Hi everybody !
I just wanted to know if it's possible to root my Xperia Z Ultra, witch is update to kitkat 4.4 ?
And without unlock the bootloader if it's possible ?
Thanks you :)

Last edited:

dragonclif

May 9, 2013
this is for 4.4.2 (in correct image on youtube)
It will require an unlocked bootloader. But with 4.4.2 unlocking bootloader doesn't break the x-reality.

This doesn"t work for me. Flashtool refuses to recognize that my Ultra is in fastboot mode. I downloaded the drivers, uninstalled and re-installed Flashtool but I get the same result. I can't install the kernel. My LED is blue on my Z Ultra but Flashtool gives a message saying that I must be in Fastbboot mode which, I am in Fastboot mode as far as I can tell. Not sure what to do now. BL is unlocked and I am on the the KitKat 4.4.2 .681 firmware. C6802.

LordBli

Jun 12, 2013
Try to reinstall all drivers by connecting your phone and install Sony pc compagnon... Maybe it'll work !
Just give it a try !

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: dragonclif

dragonclif

May 9, 2013
Try to reinstall all drivers by connecting your phone and install Sony pc compagnon... Maybe it'll work !
Just give it a try !

Thanks. I was able to get into fastboot mode and install the kernel, finally! Now I have root on my Ultra with the new KitKat .681 firmware. Still not sure what the problem was. I suspect it was my desktop PC. It runs Windows XP. I switched to my laptop that runs Windows Vista and just re-installed PC companion and reinstalled Flashtool and the drivers from scratch and everything worked like a charm. Happy to be rooted on KitKat 4.4.2!

Device: Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6802 Android 4.4.2 firmware .681. :D

LordBli

Jun 12, 2013
That's awesome ! It was a pleasure :) !

Top Liked Posts