Mega 6.3 Compatible Digitizers for 4.4.2

Search This thread

Ntech02

Apr 3, 2014
Ok so all the fuss about the Synaptics controller was wrong? All that matter is the resistors count? I found one with 9 resistors for 80$CAN on ebay
dont trust ebay they'll post pictures with 9 and send you one with 10 or 12. they did it to me, just use globaldirectparts

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Dont trust ebay use globaldirectparts

Oxicottin

Oct 24, 2010
West Virginia
soggycashew.weebly.com
dont trust ebay they'll post pictures with 9 and send you one with 10 or 12. they did it to me, just use globaldirectparts

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Dont trust ebay use globaldirectparts

I agree I asked so MANY Ebay sellers and they responded surprisingly that they didn't have that 9. What I did in my question was link a picture like the one I attached so they know exactly what to look for and they responded with a no no and nope.... Dont forget you have to make sure yours is compatible for i527m...

Good Luck!

Attachments

• sgh-i527_Resistors.jpg
    sgh-i527_Resistors.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 118

micxploed

Sep 13, 2010
I replaced my at&t mega LCD screen. I ordered mine from amazon. Apparently the one I ordered was not supposed to be compatible with 4.4.2 but it seems to still work with one flaw that the touch screen sometimes will not register touch at all. 1 out of 6 times I try.

Audeath

Aug 9, 2014
Rouyn-Noranda
I checked on Globaldirectparts.com, it was 175$CAN to get the piece which is alot. I was about to click the buy button on their site when i saw that this seller http://www.ebay.ca/usr/ewirelessgear?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754 had a 9 resistors piece with actual Synaptics controller. After some messaging through Ebay he told me they also have the 10 resistors one and he was well aware of the importance of those details to make our device works. I've ordered it and installed it. It just saved my device which was bricked for almost a year now and it cost me only 90$CAN. I recommend that seller to anyone stuck with compatibility issues concerning the Mega and digitizers.

Now i have a question for you, i want to sell the previous digitizer that i bought and that wasnt compatible with my i527m on ebay (well it was before the 4.4 update). So the lcd/digitizer works perfectly and mint condition 10 resistors but without Synaptics controller. Would that piece work flawlessly with any model of Mega or should i just toss it away? Cause i want to sell it but i dont want to cause trouble to an unaware customer.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi you could try this site as it claims to have original screens and other parts for the mega 6.3. ;)

OK, I was in a chat with the owner and he said the below....

Now Chatting

Robert: Hi

→Hello im looken for mega 6.3 digitizer and bezel for i527

Robert: We only sell them as a set since they are adhered with heavy adhesive

Robert: http://www.globaldirectparts.com/OE...-Digi-with-Housing-Black-p/smi527mldf1blk.htm

→The problem im runing into robert is will it work with the new fermware 4.4.2

Robert: yes it should with no issues

→I have tried an aftermarket one and it got a bootloop and so did several other people in xda forums. So is this an origional samsung part or an aftermarket?

Robert: it will get a boot loop and that is not the firmware

Robert: look at these pics

Robert: http://www.globaldirectparts.com/v/vspfiles/photos/SMI527MLDF1BLK-4.jpg?8/26/2014 12:04:04 PM

Robert: http://www.globaldirectparts.com/v/vspfiles/photos/SMi9200LDF1BLK-4.jpg?8/26/2014 12:08:19 PM

Robert: http://www.globaldirectparts.com/v/vspfiles/photos/SMI527MLDF1BLK-4.jpg?8/26/2014 12:04:04 PM

Robert: The problem is you received a unit with 10 resistors and needed 9 (we found this out through testing and alot of head scratching)

Robert: Give us a call and we can explain

Robert: it's easier

→Ok i will call... So yours will work then..

Robert: yes, but you have to do two steps

→Being?

Robert: I really cannot explain it easily over chat

Robert: it will only take a second, well I can try

Robert: you see on the upper right side that green square?

→Yes

Robert: if you count the small resistors on the green square, one has 10 resistors and the left middle row has a small flat one, but it still counts as part of the 10

Robert: on the other one only has 9

Robert: you have to get the assembly that matches yours

→Oh so i have to have mine apart already? Which i do

→If i call can i request you?

Robert: yes

Robert: I am the owner

Robert: just give us a call

→And ask for robert?

Robert: yes

→Thank you!!!

Robert: no problem

Im going to buy one when I get my return $ from the Ebay one that didnt work!

Im going to buy one when I get my return $ from the Ebay one that didnt work!
    Sounds promising and the resistor part is good info to know also. :good:
    Mega Digitizer 4.4.2

Hello, I wanted to start this thread to find out where the compatible Digitizers are for the Mega 6.3 for the KK 4.4.2 firmware upgrade issue. Seems like a lot of venders im contacting are turning me away saying thiers are not working. So with that being said has anyone successfully replaced thier Digitizer with 4.4.2 and not have it bootloop?

Thanks!

This is confirmed working on 4.4.2, I just replaced one and confirm it is working

just go to ebay and search for 281418571329

Robert: The problem is you received a unit with 10 resistors and needed 9 (we found this out through testing and alot of head scratching)

Robert: Give us a call and we can explain

Robert: it's easier

Ok i will call... So yours will work then..

Robert: yes, but you have to do two steps

Being?

Robert: I really cannot explain it easily over chat

Robert: it will only take a second, well I can try

Robert: you see on the upper right side that green square?

Yes

Robert: if you count the small resistors on the green square, one has 10 resistors and the left middle row has a small flat one, but it still counts as part of the 10

Robert: on the other one only has 9

Robert: you have to get the assembly that matches yours

Oh so i have to have mine apart already? Which i do
    to buy one when I get my return $ from the Ebay one that didnt work!

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat wondering what the 2 steps were.

Would you mind posting what steps you took during replacement? Anything other than connecting it and reassembly?

The two steps are to:

• Take apart your phone ( Samsung Mega )
    • Check the resistor count on the upper right side for 9 or 10 ( what ever your Mega came with ).

9 Count Resistor

10 Count Resistor
    Synaptics

Other than the resistor count, what I have found through digging and examining the original parts is that:

For the i527 w/4.4.2, the device will power on and fully boot with the aftermarket 3rd parts parts, but the digitizer does NOT work.
    The OEM digitizer is built with a Synaptics controller on the ribbon cable; 4.4.2 update seems to check the controller rather than just using it.
    When it doesn't report back as being Synaptics during boot, the touchscreen driver simply does not load. If you boot the device with the original connected and then switch, the 3rd party part works just fine...unfortunately is is not feasible to reconnect the original assembly every time you have to reboot the device. For sure OEM parts seem to be pretty scarce and VERY expensive (a TON of listings claim "OEM" but are in fact 3rd party aftermarket parts). So...this whole endeavor has cost me almost $100 and a customer. Nice.