[ROM] [AOSP] » LIQUIDSMOOTH » JellyBean [4.1.2] RC 9 [quincytmo] » 27th November

Search This thread

jh0

Sep 4, 2010
This does work on the AT&T Galaxy Note i717 as well. Flashed it this morning with TWRP, stable so far. Trying for less random reboots. So far so good.

Sent from my SGH-T879 using xda premium

Last edited:

jh0

Sep 4, 2010
This has been the greatest ROM yet for my i717 Note. Only 1 reboot in two weeks, mostly because of user error. Great speeds too. Great job guys!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

allrootedup

Jun 21, 2013
need help installing

is there a tutorial for this rom? I have tried installing with clockwork 6 both the rom and the gapps and all installs fine with no errors but when it goes into android and shows the start screen it gives me a popup stating android stopped. I am using a note sgh-t879 with currently cyanogen jb 4.2.2 was trying to revert to 4.1 cause in 4.2 I dont have any s-pen gestures and multi windows. I am a total noob at this so please be kind. Thanks.

papo869

Jul 10, 2010
Hey ! For who ever still in this rom .. if you add the new Google camera apk .. you video recorder will work perfect http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2341996 [APP] The New Google Camera!

Reactions: angelf82

angelf82

Mar 13, 2011
im going to flash this rom with twrp and i'll let you know ina bit see if I get tha same error....

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

UPDATE: so I installed through TWRP and it flashed perfectly. this is what I did....I transferred the rom and gapps 4.1.2 to root of sd card. rebooted to recovery (TWRP) did a back up (name your back up with name of rom and date). then go to wipe.....factory reset/wipe cache/wipe delvik/....go to install rom/add zip (gapps) after install wipe cache/delvik and reboot...that's what I did and it came out good....if anyone feels that I did this wrong please let me know...i'm not a dev I just love flashing roms lol

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

UPDATE 2: so as my apps were restoring through google my phone rebooted (odd cus it had never done that before) i'm installing my apps right now and I like to use helium to restore data since titanium is said to have issues when restoring....i'll keep the rom up for a few days and see how it goes....

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

hey pixeldotz the only problem i'm facing right now is that when I go into system settings the "display" forcloses....any idea why? thanks....

Apr 27, 2012
The One That Dont Sleep
Strange Force Close

im going to flash this rom with twrp and i'll let you know ina bit see if I get tha same error....

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

UPDATE: so I installed through TWRP and it flashed perfectly. this is what I did....I transferred the rom and gapps 4.1.2 to root of sd card. rebooted to recovery (TWRP) did a back up (name your back up with name of rom and date). then go to wipe.....factory reset/wipe cache/wipe delvik/....go to install rom/add zip (gapps) after install wipe cache/delvik and reboot...that's what I did and it came out good....if anyone feels that I did this wrong please let me know...i'm not a dev I just love flashing roms lol

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

UPDATE 2: so as my apps were restoring through google my phone rebooted (odd cus it had never done that before) i'm installing my apps right now and I like to use helium to restore data since titanium is said to have issues when restoring....i'll keep the rom up for a few days and see how it goes....

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

hey pixeldotz the only problem i'm facing right now is that when I go into system settings the "display" forcloses....any idea why? thanks....

Yes I have noticed that as well, it happens when you change the rotation settings, so what you should do is flash the rom fresh and when you go to display change rotation last, because its going to force close once you set it.

Reactions: angelf82

angelf82

Mar 13, 2011
No biggie since I checked status bar brightness...awesome rom n smooth thnx pixeldotz!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

jfed

Sep 19, 2012
I just rooted and installed this ROM on the Note yesterday and it is a new phone again. Thank you very much. Will there be any further development for the rom going to 4.3

Thanks

Joe

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Just donated to the team. Thanks again for the Rom

Joe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

liquidpooga.png

liq0005group1.png

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.
    As a team, we are dedicated to providing Android users with smooth, stable and fast Roms :)

Ours is an open source project. Please feel free to look at our code on LiquidSmooth GitHub

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project.

Furthermore, we also extend our gratitude to AOKP, Team CNA and Team EOS for parts of their code that we have incorporated.

Credit: Eric Hobart

liq0003group4.png

Our links are hosted on goo.im for the moment, as our website seems to need better load testing...

Liquid RC9

liq0002group5.png

Liquid0624

Liquidzgrl

Nocoast

Hiemanshu

ToxicThunder

RaymanFX

DaGr8

DG4Prez

liq0001group5copy.png

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourselves update on the go!

Facebook

Twitter

Google+

liq0000group5copy2.png

Like our work ?

Many hours have been spent bringing you this release.
    You may show your appreciation and support for our project by considering a small donation -

Core Developers

Device Maintainers and Support Team

--
    trying to keep it alive :fingers-crossed:

Have a bug to report?

Now track the status of your issue on -

logo.png

http://bugtracker.liquidsmooth.net

--

Quick Tips:​

◘ Make sure you do a Full Wipe and then flash the ROM.

DO NOT restore data via Titanium Backup. More often than not it will cause stupid issues.

◘ If you have done all that, and still face issues please post a logcat. (Search on how to do that)

◘ For battery related issues, please post a relevant screenshot from an app like Better Battery Stats etc.

No logcat or no screenshot effectively means your issue doesn't exist :)

--
    Loving the rom.. I'm glad the note has this. Thank you sir. One question though.. Where can I get the 4.2 gapps? Can anyone direct me?

Sent from my SGH-T879 using xda app-developers app

I use these here...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34168699

So do I just re flash gapps to get the original camera back.? Or do I have to re flash the rom?

Sent from my SGH-T879 using xda app-developers app

Reflash the ROM then gapps don't wipe data...after flashing wipe cache and dalvik cache