cataclysm rom

Search This thread

local_root

Nov 23, 2013
Hey guys,

I have a question..i want to move to cataclysm rom but i check his thread it has not been update or edited from last december?so this rom is supported by devloper ?does it will get update when new update available from google?

exb0

Oct 24, 2010
PNW
freshair.farm
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Hey guys,

I have a question..i want to move to cataclysm rom but i check his thread it has not been update or edited from last december?so this rom is supported by devloper ?does it will get update when new update available from google?

developer is on a hiatus I think. Try other roms first. wait till the thread gets active again before flashing.

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
There's nothing to update. It's stock rom with a few extras. Hence no activity

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

floepie

Feb 28, 2006
Amsterdam
There's nothing to update. It's stock rom with a few extras. Hence no activity

See, this is where I'm a little fuzzy. Stock Google is simpy AOSP + Google's closed source apps - dialer, camera, play services, etc. What then is the difference between a ROM such as cataclysm which adds customization to the AOSP / Stock ROM and another AOSP-based ROM which adds customization, but requires you to flash Gapps in a separate package?

Is it simply that the other "non-stock AOSP-based" ROMs modify the open-sourced files within the ROM, and Cataclysm does not? But, then again, I can't imagine that the open-sourced files in Cataclysm were NOT modified in order to achieve its vast customization possibilities.

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
Hey guys,

The moderator had to close the thread because of all the shenanigans going on. When Google updates, he will update the ROM, we hope, nobody has seen him but personally, after reading some of the post by people I would tell them all to go pound sand.

Reactions: local_root

local_root

Nov 23, 2013
anyway thanks for your reply guys

i am on stock rom+xposed framework+trinity kernel..have all what a custom rom offers..but missing cataclysm inbult IncallBlocker :(

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
anyway thanks for your reply guys

i am on stock rom+xposed framework+trinity kernel..have all what a custom rom offers..but missing cataclysm inbult IncallBlocker :(

So use it. I am as are many others still. It's no different than stock rom update wise. You haven't had one. Nor have we

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
You don't flash gapps on cataclysm. Read the OP. It's stock based and updates when we get Google updates. If anything when the previous updates came out, he was the fastest to update the rom out of the roms at that time.

local_root

Nov 23, 2013
You don't flash gapps on cataclysm. Read the OP. It's stock based and updates when we get Google updates. If anything when the previous updates came out, he was the fastest to update the rom out of the roms at that time.

thread was closed so i thout devloper is not active ..so i thout he closed support..so are you sure it will get update when google will release new updates?

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
thread was closed so i thout devloper is not active ..so i thout he closed support..so are you sure it will get update when google will release new updates?

Actually, the thread was closed because many users couldn't keep patience as a virtue. The thread turned into a loop of questions asking "Where is atl4ntis, Will this Rom ever be updated?". Mod said It would open upon Developer's request.

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2

Developers are not required to be active in their threads. People kept trolling and requesting his presence even though his rom was setup just like he said it would be. He updated the Nexus 4 cataclysm when kitkat came out and he did the same disappearance because of stupid users. He has met every update Google has put out so far so going from actual facts he has been updating 100% of the time and has yet to fail. When Google updates and he does not then you can assume he abandoned it. Until then he has developed his stock based rom accordingly to Google updates.

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
And people from Nexus 4 or whatever it was he did Cataclysm for before have already said he always dissappears but re appears to update when needed

local_root

Nov 23, 2013
Thank you guys..actually i have tried all the rom out there..but i love cataclysm coz it based on stock and also bug fixed which have in stock rom.
right now on cataclysm and enjoying it..thanks a alot..

Reactions: Ben36

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

The moderator had to close the thread because of all the shenanigans going on. When Google updates, he will update the ROM, we hope, nobody has seen him but personally, after reading some of the post by people I would tell them all to go pound sand.
    Thank you guys..actually i have tried all the rom out there..but i love cataclysm coz it based on stock and also bug fixed which have in stock rom.
    right now on cataclysm and enjoying it..thanks a alot..