SS Restore Files Stock Rooted Mj5 (updated 5/15)

Search This thread

warfenix

Jan 17, 2011
My gps was working awhile ago. Then I flashed either your firenote or hyper drive and my gps just stopped working. No matter how long I let it sit and app I use it doesn't lock. I've tried alliance,firenote,xnote,dynamic,and tweaked. I tried applying the fix on each rom and nothing. So I'm willing to try anything at this point. Just thought it was weird that it worked one day and not the next after flashing a rom. Never had problems before lol. I'll try it in a couple days once my data resets so I don't go over cause I've been downloading roms and trying fixes like crazy

Have you tried using my firenote rom? If you have gps issues using my rom and the known fix you have a faulty gps radio would be my best guess...but if you just mean you have the known issues with gps going in and out, draining battery ect...there is a fix for it that works well with my 4.3 firenote builds. ..if you wanna go kk I have a firekat v2 build that's running really well with no issues, and there's few other kk roms out as well...by all means give it a shot with my restore kit....just a heads up unless your note is only 14 days old or less you'll be getting a used refurb if you send it in which sucks so just be aware of that as well...I'd try an avoid that at all costs unless your gps is truly bad which is very unlikely imo

Mega

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
My gps was working awhile ago. Then I flashed either your firenote or hyper drive and my gps just stopped working. No matter how long I let it sit and app I use it doesn't lock. I've tried alliance,firenote,xnote,dynamic,and tweaked. I tried applying the fix on each rom and nothing. So I'm willing to try anything at this point. Just thought it was weird that it worked one day and not the next after flashing a rom. Never had problems before lol. I'll try it in a couple days once my data resets so I don't go over cause I've been downloading roms and trying fixes like crazy

Have you tried the odin restore of 4.3? It sounds like your system got corrupted...and since safestrap is not true recovery but a work around...sometimes you cannot wipe these lower level issues due to this fact...several people have had different but similar issues at a system or recovery level interfering with flashing, backups and restore ect...so taking ota kk may help or the odin of 4.3 may...just something that fully wipes and re partitions everything properly may be necessary vs what ss can offer.. .so it's not really a rom or any roms fault in that case, just an unlucky circumstance that occurred

Mega

warfenix

Jan 17, 2011
Ya sadly no computer so I can't odin. My lovely child spilled my coffee on it awhile ago lol been waiting to get a new one once I sell my extra car.

Have you tried the odin restore of 4.3? It sounds like your system got corrupted...and since safestrap is not true recovery but a work around...sometimes you cannot wipe these lower level issues due to this fact...several people have had different but similar issues at a system or recovery level interfering with flashing, backups and restore ect...so taking ota kk may help or the odin of 4.3 may...just something that fully wipes and re partitions everything properly may be necessary vs what ss can offer.. .so it's not really a rom or any roms fault in that case, just an unlucky circumstance that occurred

Mega

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
Ya sadly no computer so I can't odin. My lovely child spilled my coffee on it awhile ago lol been waiting to get a new one once I sell my extra car.

Haha kids...that's a tough spot bro...i know the frustration as i share it...ss is great and I have all the respect to Hash for deving it for us....but i detest being locked into using a work around vs real recovery for this very reason. ...when something goes wrong we are screwed...go ahead and try the kk ota that SHOULD re partition and reset your system properly then you can worry about rooting ss and flashing after that...but pm me or come over to one of my rom threads from now on if you need any help since I really don't get to this thread much

Mega

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
Hmmm Mega I had the same problem when I tried this again. When I would open SS to do a restore there were no files there

FireNote15/FireGear2

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
I couldn't get ss to see the restore file so I had to buck up and just bought a new laptop about 2 weeks ago. Ended up doing a full restore

Hmmm Mega I had the same problem when I tried this again. When I would open SS to do a restore there were no files there

FireNote15/FireGear2

That's really weird man...butch I thought you had the file from a while back...that one the files disappeared?

Mega

All the files are in the drive box and the method is posted idk why there would be an issue ?

Last edited:

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
Yeah I have the files..remember I told you it finally worked...but tried it again for something to do and while trying to restore with Safestrap the files dont show up. Its not a big deal for me bro I was just doing it for something to do. I dont think its your files I think its a SS issue was just letting you know?

FireNote15/FireGear2

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
Yeah I have the files..remember I told you it finally worked...but tried it again for something to do and while trying to restore with Safestrap the files dont show up. Its not a big deal for me bro I was just doing it for something to do. I dont think its your files I think its a SS issue was just letting you know?

FireNote15/FireGear2

No I really appreciate it...that's extremely bizarre...hmm you didn't maybe wipe your note to flash an mf update or something right? Or do they show up in the my files still just not in ss?

Mega

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
Just not in SS

FireNote15/FireGear2

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

No wipe bro you have taught me better then that..lol

FireNote15/FireGear2

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
Just not in SS

FireNote15/FireGear2

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

No wipe bro you have taught me better then that..lol

FireNote15/FireGear2

Lol no I figured but I'm trying to figure out what changed to cause it...no name change I doubt you even opened the folder after downloading them so that's what I'm confused with...has this happened to any other backups? This is just a backup or the system wiped to stock and rooted so I'm a bit at a loss

Mega

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
Remember a couple weeks ago was trying to restore FireNote13 and it sat there installing for over an hour. Had to do a hard rest..I dnt recommend that..reinstall SS then it worked. Didnt get a soft brick or anything..its like it restored only half of the rom because after the reset phone booted and only some of the rom was there..had root and it said FireNote13 but it only had about 10 apps showing

FireNote15/FireGear2

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
Remember a couple weeks ago was trying to restore FireNote13 and it sat there installing for over an hour. Had to do a hard rest..I dnt recommend that..reinstall SS then it worked. Didnt get a soft brick or anything..its like it restored only half of the rom because after the reset phone booted and only some of the rom was there..had root and it said FireNote13 but it only had about 10 apps showing

FireNote15/FireGear2

Yea dude I'm Hella sketchy about ss...like I hate saying that because I am so grateful to Hash for it...but I hate having to hold my breath every time I reboot or do anything in ss...I can't wait to get an unlocked note 4

Mega

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These files are RESTOREABLE in safestrap recovery. These are Stock Rooted Mj5 RESTORE as backup DO NOT FLASH...about 25 people have asked me for these, and successfully restored their system after either deleting their stock slot rom accidently or had some issue with their stock rom.

Instructions:

1. Download all files in folder, should be 5 files total
    2. Put all 5 files in one folder
    3. Place folder with the files in your safestrap backups folder
    4. Boot into SafeStrap Recovery
    5. RESTORE the file just like you would any other backup
    6. Reboot

Link:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3T9bHro9RUvWWtNZmQ1OHhsN0U&usp=sharing

After a weird issue with the files, the owner name is switched...which doesnt matter...what does is if they still work. Please let me know if there is something wrong with the files, or likewise, please verify whoever downloads them if they work alright still. If there's any issue i'll have to try and figure something out, or reupload the entire restore build which takes several hours. Thanks Mega

***After done successfully you will reboot to the setup screen like day one when you first purchased the note.
    ****I recommend to do this first in a rom slot, to be sure your download was successful. Just my 2 cents and what I have recommended to everyone i've sent the files to. If you have any isses, or questions either pm me or leave a post and i'll get back to you.

**Please do not use my files for anything other than your personal use without asking permission
    ***Please do not repost my links without asking permission

Mega
    The file MI9_fix.img.ext4 I had a problem with downloading REALLY slow just try a different mirror on that site if it happens to you

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk

It was a bit slow but not bad. Everything went exactly as it should, the phone is working fine with rooted KK now. Took a lot more reading, but these forums and the people in it are the best. Couldn't have done it without all of you.

Thank you for all your help guys .....really. :highfive:
    To all that want to try this..Mega did a great job and its good to have. Just make sure when you save the files you create a folder in your backups and move them there. Do not create the folder then try to move the folder to SS it will not work..trust me on this. Mega worked with my for hours trying to figure out why the restore kept failing..oh yeah RESTORE DO NOT FLASH

FireNote V8 Reloaded
    Good work on this. Do you have a zip with the Odex Files?

It's not a zip to flash...it's a restore backup...I'll be posting a rom build this week...I can include the stock rooted deodex base then if you want

Mega
    Hi, are these files still available for download for stock rooted Mj5 (n900a)?
    the google drive link is no longer active.
    thanks.
    Check PM

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk