Opinions on best MPQ CM rom to date (CM10.1, 10.2, 11, etc)

Search This thread

matt2k12

Jul 13, 2012
Texas
Hey yall - As I get ready to go thru my 5th or 6th MPQ because I refuse to buy anything else, I cant help but thinking that the phone is struggling to run apps and has low battery life, low memory, etc. I am on CM 11.1 nightly and I just feel that maybe some of the older CM versions, like the custom ones we had on this forum, are better than the current CM 11 build.

Does CM 11 official nightly support emulated drives like we had in CM 10.2? That was so killer because it solved the low memory issue and the phone could be used indefinitely. I feel like now I run out of room on the phone due to the low internal memory. I honestly dont know if CM11 supports emulation of drives but it seems like it doesnt or if it does the feature is well hidden.

It just feels like some of the older builds were better and I would like everyone's opinion and I would like to know if anyone is still running older builds like Skillrax custom build, CM 10.1 or 10.2, etc Also if you are running an old build that you really like could you please provide me with the rom so that I could flash. A lot of the older builds are lost now because there are no links to them anymore or they have been removed from the hosts.

Reactions: latenite

matt2k12

Jul 13, 2012
Texas
Tired of fighting with WIFI in CM 11. After spending two days trying to get 20140708-Snapshot-M8 WIFI working (I run two routers at home: wireless G and wireless N) under stock android I have no problem switching and connecting between the two routers, Under M8, I can only connect to Wireless N. From the lack of discussion in the developers thread, I don't think anyone is working on WIFI on CM11

I'd love to find a solid CM 10.2 or 10.3

It sucks that all the old roms just disappear and are no longer available anywhere. I would pay one of the devs a couple hundred dollars to build me a custom rom.

Does CM 11 official nightly support emulated drives like we had in CM 10.2? That was so killer because it solved the low memory issue and the phone could be used indefinitely. I feel like now I run out of room on the phone due to the low internal memory. I honestly dont know if CM11 supports emulation of drives but it seems like it doesnt or if it does the feature is well hidden.

You could also just use the latest snapshot of CM11 and apply this mod:
http://xdaforums.com/photon-q-4g-lte/development/mod-classic-sdcard-mount-t2804085/post53883989
:cyclops:
Best, Stephan

matt2k12

Jul 13, 2012
Texas
So Stephan, can you give me the exact links to the best rom you would recommend on a stock MPQ? Was it the link above?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey yall - As I get ready to go thru my 5th or 6th MPQ because I refuse to buy anything else, I cant help but thinking that the phone is struggling to run apps and has low battery life, low memory, etc. I am on CM 11.1 nightly and I just feel that maybe some of the older CM versions, like the custom ones we had on this forum, are better than the current CM 11 build.

It just feels like some of the older builds were better and I would like everyone's opinion and I would like to know if anyone is still running older builds like Skillrax custom build, CM 10.1 or 10.2, etc Also if you are running an old build that you really like could you please provide me with the rom so that I could flash. A lot of the older builds are lost now because there are no links to them anymore or they have been removed from the hosts.