[Q] Is there a way to make the HDMI work with all videos?

Search This thread

chefdrew

Nov 19, 2010
Wondering if this was possible with anything besides your videos or youtube.

I thought this feature would come in handy with the HULU app.

dkdude36

Aug 5, 2010
los angeles
YES there is. if you aren't rooted already do it (because an accelerated kernel makes it faster and root is just plane sexy) and download HDMwIn from the market.

Reactions: chefdrew

Wifflepig

Mar 17, 2011
YES there is. if you aren't rooted already do it (because an accelerated kernel makes it faster and root is just plane sexy) and download HDMwIn from the market.

I really liked HDMwIn. Took some getting fiddling to figure it all out with the settings and the screen rotation and all - but once you do, it does a good job. Kick up the resolution in it - and go nuts playing Angry Birds on your big screen.

AbsolutZeroGI

Oct 28, 2010
C-Bus
I really liked HDMwIn. Took some getting fiddling to figure it all out with the settings and the screen rotation and all - but once you do, it does a good job. Kick up the resolution in it - and go nuts playing Angry Birds on your big screen.

I use Sega and SNES emulators to play my old favorite games on my big screen t.v.

Never thought I'd see a Final Fantasy game on the big screen, too bad the sound still sucks (on the emulator, not the app).

hockeyfreak

Mar 12, 2011
I used my iphone to play movies in my truck through the DVD aux in using a iphone to RCA cord. Any simple way to do the same thing with the EVO? I know HDMI is digital. That's about the only thing I'll miss about the stinking Iphone. Any ideas would be helpful..

drmacinyasha

Jun 4, 2010
Sacramento
denh.am
You just need the HDMwIn app and a cable. The MicroHDMI port of the EVO will also push sound. You'd probably have to look around and see what kind of converters are available for taking your HDMI into something else. Something like this, I suppose?

http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-RCA-VGA-Cable-1-8ft/dp/B002ZUI68G/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Read the reviews. That will not work. Think about it. HDMI is digital, and RCA is analog. It's like trying to plug a pair of headphones into a TOSLINK fiber port.

Sadly, digital to analog converters can range in price depending on how and what's done. I know that high-end HDMI to analog converts can cost hundreds if not thousands of dollars. For example, this one here is $300. And it doesn't even have any reviews, meaning nobody's really bought it yet.

Honestly, downscaling HDMI to composite is like trying to play Crysis 2 multiplayer on an Apple II over a 19kbps dialup line.

Wifflepig

Mar 17, 2011
That cable must just take the hd to the vga.

Sent from your EVO 4G. Thanks for sharing your data plan!

hockeyfreak

Mar 12, 2011
Read the reviews. That will not work. Think about it. HDMI is digital, and RCA is analog. It's like trying to plug a pair of headphones into a TOSLINK fiber port.

Sadly, digital to analog converters can range in price depending on how and what's done. I know that high-end HDMI to analog converts can cost hundreds if not thousands of dollars. For example, this one here is $300. And it doesn't even have any reviews, meaning nobody's really bought it yet.

Honestly, downscaling HDMI to composite is like trying to play Crysis 2 multiplayer on an Apple II over a 19kbps dialup line.

Yea, I kind of figured so. Just hoping there was some option out there. I guess the simplest way would be get a mobile dvd player with a front hdmi in. haven't seen
one though.

chefdrew

Nov 19, 2010
Go to the market and type...HDMI, that should bring it up. FYI, people are having issues with it right now though, for somereason the app has stopped working properly.

Sorry, posted this before I saw that people had already responded...
Here is a thread on the app...http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=987592

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.