[How to][Guide] Use CWM6 despite the Bluescreen

Search This thread

rapkiller91

Sep 16, 2013
Bologna
Lots of people have bluescreen problem with CWM6 but someone doesn't know that the recovery is working except the bluescreen problem.
So you can do everything with this recovery despite the bluescreen. In fact if you use volume buttons and home buttons you can flash,wipe,reboot,etc.
But the problem is: how can I do it if I can't see what I'm doing?
Now,after some reboots, I had CWM6 without bluescreen one time so I wrote each menu entry and so I'm sharing it with you:

Main menu:
reboot system
install zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
backup and restore
mounts and storage
advanced

Install zip submenu:
choose zip from sdcard
choose zip from last install folder
install zip from sideload
toggle signature verification

Wipe data/factory reset submenu:
no
yes

Wipe cache partition submenu:
no
yes

Backup and restore submenu:
backup to sdcard
restore from sdcard
delete from sdcard
advanced restore from sdcard
free unused backup data
choose default backup format

Advanced submenu:
reboot recovery
reboot to bootloader
power off
wipe dalvik cache
report error
key test
show log

Now the problem is how to flash a new rom? you can use CWM Manager or you can use CWM directly.

For example if you want to flash CM11-COOPER.zip via CWM, and not with the CWM manager app,you should:
-put the rom in the sdcard
-rename the rom zzCM11-COOPER.zip so it will appear at the end of the list
-reboot in cwm
- vol down -> home button -> home button -> vol up -> home button -> vol down -> home button
- wait some minutes for flashing
- press back button some times (just to be sure you came back to the main menu)
- press home button (reboot system)

If you want to wipe cache you should:
- boot in cwm
- vol down -> vol down -> vol down -> home button -> vol down -> home button

If you want to wipe dalvik cache you should:
-boot in cwm
- vol up -> home -> vol down -> vol down -> vol down -> home button -> vol down -> home button

P.S: I noticed that CWM6 is slower than CWM5 so you must do each step slowly to be sure everything works well.

P.S.2: sorry for my english!

Shilian16

Jan 27, 2014
ty men its really helped just did it and i have kit kat on xd i didnt wipe beacuse i had cm 10.1 so i didnt need to wipe at all so just put the room and start to install after 2minits i did rebot and that all
ty

Capcap

Jan 30, 2014
Thank you!

Thank you so much! I was stuck on this blue screen issue, and your menu list helped me get the latest kitkat rom on my samsung ace. First I did a factory reset following your menu, but i didn't know how to return to the begining after it completed it. So I just pulled out the battery and powered back into the blue screen to do the cache wipe, pulled the battery again once I felt the process should be done. Then I restrted back to the blue screen and followed youf steps to put the rom on the phone. I left it for maybe 20 minutes, because i didn't know how long it would take for it to complete. Pulled out the battery again, started the phone normally, and now I have kitkat.
Thanks again for posting the menu.Couldn't have done this without it!

TheDDS9900

Feb 2, 2014
and format/system????

Thank you so much! I was stuck on this blue screen issue, and your menu list helped me get the latest kitkat rom on my samsung ace. First I did a factory reset following your menu, but i didn't know how to return to the begining after it completed it. So I just pulled out the battery and powered back into the blue screen to do the cache wipe, pulled the battery again once I felt the process should be done. Then I restrted back to the blue screen and followed youf steps to put the rom on the phone. I left it for maybe 20 minutes, because i didn't know how long it would take for it to complete. Pulled out the battery again, started the phone normally, and now I have kitkat.
Thanks again for posting the menu.Couldn't have done this without it!

Hi, first i will thank you because with your guide i've installed kitkat, however i'll ask you how can i do format/system on this cwm6 with the bluescreen, because i haven't found this on your post. Thank you very much !!!!! :)

P.S.: Sorry for my english,i'm italian :eek:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lots of people have bluescreen problem with CWM6 but someone doesn't know that the recovery is working except the bluescreen problem.
    So you can do everything with this recovery despite the bluescreen. In fact if you use volume buttons and home buttons you can flash,wipe,reboot,etc.
    But the problem is: how can I do it if I can't see what I'm doing?
    Now,after some reboots, I had CWM6 without bluescreen one time so I wrote each menu entry and so I'm sharing it with you:

Main menu:
    reboot system
    install zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    backup and restore
    mounts and storage
    advanced

Install zip submenu:
    choose zip from sdcard
    choose zip from last install folder
    install zip from sideload
    toggle signature verification

Wipe data/factory reset submenu:
    no
    yes

Wipe cache partition submenu:
    no
    yes

Backup and restore submenu:
    backup to sdcard
    restore from sdcard
    delete from sdcard
    advanced restore from sdcard
    free unused backup data
    choose default backup format

Advanced submenu:
    reboot recovery
    reboot to bootloader
    power off
    wipe dalvik cache
    report error
    key test
    show log

Now the problem is how to flash a new rom? you can use CWM Manager or you can use CWM directly.

For example if you want to flash CM11-COOPER.zip via CWM, and not with the CWM manager app,you should:
    -put the rom in the sdcard
    -rename the rom zzCM11-COOPER.zip so it will appear at the end of the list
    -reboot in cwm
    - vol down -> home button -> home button -> vol up -> home button -> vol down -> home button
    - wait some minutes for flashing
    - press back button some times (just to be sure you came back to the main menu)
    - press home button (reboot system)

If you want to wipe cache you should:
    - boot in cwm
    - vol down -> vol down -> vol down -> home button -> vol down -> home button

If you want to wipe dalvik cache you should:
    -boot in cwm
    - vol up -> home -> vol down -> vol down -> vol down -> home button -> vol down -> home button

P.S: I noticed that CWM6 is slower than CWM5 so you must do each step slowly to be sure everything works well.

P.S.2: sorry for my english!
    Hi, first i will thank you because with your guide i've installed kitkat, however i'll ask you how can i do format/system on this cwm6 with the bluescreen, because i haven't found this on your post. Thank you very much !!!!! :)

P.S.: Sorry for my english,i'm italian :eek:
    Blue screen bug fixed! Look here. working cwm6 recovery