[ROM] UNOFFICIAL 4.4.x Liquid Smooth v3.1 [LS970] & [GEE] 5/18/2014

Search This thread

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
Yep, that's exactly why I removed them. People didn't realize that gee was both and continued using geehrc and geespr, but there's no need for them anymore.

Yeah he says he is going to move to the gee soon ... We have been helping/bouncing things off each other last couple weeks building liquid granted I'm probably not much help... Lol.. but I do try.. each time I try to build liquid I do gee first.. Then if fails beyond my skill of repair I move to ls970.... if it completed I try gee again if fail I move on.. Idk wth up with my gee building... using pure xb sources too only changes are the ones you've seen in my github... and even tried untampered... Still no go... Going to try tonight again after today's PAC finishes

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kMogs17

Nov 8, 2010
Minnesota
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Update on my Bluetooth issues: those bluetooth changes from 2/25 seem to have fixed my problems. BT seems really stable now and my WiFi seems slightly better as well although not quite as good as it once was. I'm on 2/25 geespr with xb b52. Sad about the loss of halo but I'll deal with it

Sent from my Optimus G using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: spleef

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
What is the difference?

Yep, that's exactly why I removed them. People didn't realize that gee was both and continued using geehrc and geespr, but there's no need for them anymore.

What are the differences in geespr, geehrc, gee. What do they mean? Is there a specific one that a rom has to use in order to run on a specific phone?? I have the ls970 from Sprint, does it make a difference? I think I have flashed both, but one works in TWRP and one works in CWM. Does that have anything to do with it?

Please explain or point me to a thread that does? Thanks in advance.

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
What are the differences in geespr, geehrc, gee. What do they mean? Is there a specific one that a rom has to use in order to run on a specific phone?? I have the ls970 from Sprint, does it make a difference? I think I have flashed both, but one works in TWRP and one works in CWM. Does that have anything to do with it?

Please explain or point me to a thread that does? Thanks in advance.

I can try ...k so the ls970 is official cm sources shelnutt2 put together based off the gproj is usable only on the sprint lgog

The geehrc (international lgog) and the geespr (sprint lgog) are based in the mako and put together by xboxfanj... currently x has combined the two sources (geehrc and geespr) into one source (gee) for both making the one zip built with gee flashable on both variants...

The whole cwm twrp issues are the differences n each sources and or ROMs way to build the updater script...

And yes some roms play nicer with cm sources than they do aosp sources and vice cersa.. so saying that cm is well obviously cm based sources where as xboxfanj sources are closer to or are aosp

Hope I'm at least somewhat making sense

Last edited:

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
I can try ...k so the ls970 is official cm sources shelnutt2 put together based off the gproj is usable only on the sprint lgog

The geehrc (international lgog) and the geespr (sprint lgog) are based in the mako and put together by xboxfanj... currently x has combined the two sources (geehrc and geespr) into one source (gee) for both making the one zip built with gee flashable on both variants...

The while cwm twrp issues are the differences n each sources and or ROMs way to build the updater script...

Hope I'm at least somewhat making sense

I am tracking a little. But only a little.

To ask again/clarify: The only one that's official (cm) IS the Sprint variant? But as long as I see either GEE or geeSPR I can use it on the sprint LG?

It's still kind of a blur but now the hrc and spr parts make sense. I am also still lost on the recoveries, why certain roms only flash on one or the other? I kept getting a crash on one for LS, and a crash on the other for CM. I am about to try the newest here and see what happens, but what recovery works with most roms? Is philz good? Seems like it should have cwm attributes with extras but idk. I am also about to check it out.

zomgalama

Jan 26, 2010
McLean
2/28 won't boot for me, did a clean install with cwm but it won't boot I just get a black screen. Tried downloading again and still same issue.

If it means anything aokp 2/28 worked fine for me.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

FcoEnrique

Jan 4, 2013
Santo Domingo
2/28 won't boot for me, did a clean install with cwm but it won't boot I just get a black screen. Tried downloading again and still same issue.

If it's the ls970 version, you HAVE to flash another kernel like f93.
If it's the gee version, I don't know about that, let's wait for some of the other guys to help you :p

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im

You need to flash the f93 v2.2 kernel for liquid ls970 to boot for done reason it won't boot without an additional kernel baked in one built broke I guess... But aokp and even PAC built using same source but boots fine by itself.. Odd

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
I am tracking a little. But only a little.

To ask again/clarify: The only one that's official (cm) IS the Sprint variant? But as long as I see either GEE or geeSPR I can use it on the sprint LG?

It's still kind of a blur but now the hrc and spr parts make sense. I am also still lost on the recoveries, why certain roms only flash on one or the other? I kept getting a crash on one for LS, and a crash on the other for CM. I am about to try the newest here and see what happens, but what recovery works with most roms? Is philz good? Seems like it should have cwm attributes with extras but idk. I am also about to check it out.
You can run any LS970, GEE, or GEESPR ROM for AOSP. Stock is geehrc4g and geehrc4g_spr_us.

Reactions: spleef

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
new liquid_ls970 uploaded...building geespr right now then going to try gee again since both ls970 and geespr are building maybe something has changed and gee will finish building now....who knows...

Last edited:

NightMare870

Sep 30, 2011
Detroit
new liquid_ls970 uploaded...building geespr right now then going to try gee again since both ls970 and geespr are building maybe something has changed and gee will finish building now....who knows...

thanks man, new build is great so far. btw do you or anyone have to mess with the updater script to get ls970 to flash? every ls970 build i have to modify the updater script to get it to flash but all the gee builds flash with no problems. i'm able to flash them but just wondering if anyone else has to do the same.

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
thanks man, new build is great so far. btw do you or anyone have to mess with the updater script to get ls970 to flash? every ls970 build i have to modify the updater script to get it to flash but all the gee builds flash with no problems. i'm able to flash them but just wondering if anyone else has to do the same.

I use cwm that I have posted in the op don't have to edit anything

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
You can run any LS970, GEE, or GEESPR ROM for AOSP. Stock is geehrc4g and geehrc4g_spr_us.

But what are the differences? Why are there multiple builds of the same ROM that are ls970, gee, geespr, geehrc. I see that it's regarding the sources. But I still don't see why there built with different sources but end up the same. What's the purpose? I'm truly sorry for the ignorance. I just really want to know why they're different and what makes them different in the end.

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
But what are the differences? Why are there multiple builds of the same ROM that are ls970, gee, geespr, geehrc. I see that it's regarding the sources. But I still don't see why there built with different sources but end up the same. What's the purpose? I'm truly sorry for the ignorance. I just really want to know why they're different and what makes them different in the end.

LS970 ROMs are built from CM's Nexus 4 4.2.2 hybrid with stock 4.1.2.

GEE/SPR/HRC are built from the Nexus 4 4.4.2 source (more up to date and optimized) with only changes for our hardware such as NFC.

geespr is sprint only, geehrc is international only, and gee combines the two so both devices can run the same build. Gee is the future of mako-based ROMs and eventually, there won't be any geespr or geehrc roms. Those are being phased out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1239713_366484996816582_1457113416_n_zps7a2f6d14.jpg

Quote:
    DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

601553_366830026782079_883283262_n_zpsb2ac3df4.png

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

Dedicated to providing users with smooth, stable and fast ROMs. A Lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

579668_366829910115424_1484000558_n_zpsed061c32.png

Liquid0624

Deadman96385

jsnweitzel

Somber73

TheBr0ken

Cdub50

CPA-Poke

602019_366829913448757_1521733509_n_zpsd80c2223.png

3.1 Feature list
    HALO Credit: PA/cristinamatos/xjcook/beerbong
    New CM Theme Chooser/Engine
    OmniRom App Circle SideBar Credit: SquadZone
    Allow Disablin of FC messages Credit: jmztaylor
    PEEK Credit: PA
    Allow notification virbaration during calls Credit: maniac103
    Gesture Unlock Credit: 0xD34D
    LockScreen Notifications Credit: AOSPAL
    Development Shortcut Credit: sarbyn
    Switch Recent panel styles Credit: cristianomatos
    BatteryBar Credit: cphelps76
    Status bar notification count and signal style Credit: burnsra & rmcc (cm)
    Status bar clock font style Credit: daxxmax
    Network speed indicator Credit: htchoi1995
    Time-context headers to the notification header Credit: Xplodwild
    Ram Bar Credit: cristianomatos
    Cistom Clear recents button Credit: cristianomatos
    Camera Button Support Credit: CM
    On the Go mode Credit: Evisceration
    Custom Lockscreen wallpaper and blur Credit: david96
    Audio Theme support Credit: Xplodwild
    Battery around unlock ring Credit: Xplodwild
    Gesture Anywhere Credit: 0xD34D
    Active Display Credit: 0xD34D/AOSPAL
    Alternate default app picker Based on @kufikugel 4.3 idea
    Toast Animations Credit: XuiMod
    Custom ProgressBar Credit: GwonHyeok
    Custom Scolling values Credit: Squadzone
    WakeLock Blocker Credit: Squadzone
    Muliuser support for phones Credit: AlmightMegadeth00
    IME Animations Credit: Squadzone
    Custom System Animations Credit: Steve Spear
    Battery Saver Mode Credit: OmniRom/timpohladthomas
    Everything Below this point is from SlimROM and is included in LiquidSmooth
    SlimPIE
    Quiet Hours
    Slim Recents
    LockScreen Style
    Notiifcation Reminder
    Hardware key rebinidng
    Custom Carrier label
    Smart pulldown
    ADB over network
    GlowPad Torch
    Advanced Reboot
    Listview Animations
    Liquid Dungeon
    National Roaming
    Custom Tiles
    flip to Mute/Reject Call
    Incoming call in background
    Hide usb debugging notification
    Stylus Support
    Stylus Gestures
    Notification Drawer Style
    LockScreen pin shuffler
    Quick Unlock
    Statubar Brightness control
    Volume rocker wake
    Safe headset volume
    Privacy Guard
    Statusbar clock and date style
    and so much much more..

1235191_366829916782090_1063865078_n_zps7e23a6c3.png

As of 5/18/2014:

Issues:

liquid_gee:
    none

liquid_ls970:
    none other than...
    must use a cm based kernel (kernel i used and thread for it with other options available below)
    must use cwm to flash it successfully (link available below in the extras section of downloads)

Changes:

liquid_gee_5-18:
    *buiilt with the unified gee sources so this zip is flashable on the sprint and the international versions of lg optimus g
    *cwm or twp can be used (links available below in the extras section of downloads)

liquid_ls970_5-18:
    *must use cwm to flash (link available below in the extras section of downloads)
    *must use a cm based kernel (kernel i used and thread for it with other options available below)

935957_366829960115419_953783660_n_zps5848a182.png

1186140_366829970115418_1836801942_n_zpsefae1fd9.png

Flash/Install Instructions:
    If installing MY liquid rom for the first time, or coming from any other ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery/Team Win Recovery Project - WITH SELINUX SUPPORT!
    - Copy Gapps and Rom to your SdCard
    - Boot into recovery
    - Make a nandroid backup
    - Go to the wipes tab and wipe everything except internal storage...
    Do Not Wipe Internal Storage!!
    - Flah Rom, then Gapps
    - Reboot

Upgrading from an earlier version:
    - Copy the Rom to your SdCard
    - Boot into recovery
    - Go to the wipes tab and wipe cache and dalvick cache
    - Flash the ROM and Gapps
    - Reboot
    - Optionally can fix permissions after first boot

Downloads:

Fixes: Only Needed If Experiencing Problems

*Liquid_gee NFC fix (only GEE build not ls970 or geespr)major thanks to xboxfanjfor the fixes!!!!

*fix_split_mms...only needed if your are experiencing the split mms issue not sure which rom its present on or if both...much thanks to k5t4j5 for supplying me the fixed apk!!!

*Art Issues try this:
    open terminal emulator ( if you dont have it or a working version download from playstore for free )
    type:
    su ( grant root permissions )
    setprop persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib libart.so
    now exit the terminal and reboot and art should now be working (only required if having issues! )
    ( Big Thanks to Chris for his help on this!! )

*Loading animation issues?? Try this:
    flash the bionic ( i flashed both bionic and dalvick ) from this thread
    ...( much thanks again Chris for this! )

Extras:
    *Flashable CWM Sprint
    *Flashable TWRP Sprint (thanks chadouming for this modifed twrp that allows flashing of 4.3 and 4.4 roms!!!)
    *CM based Evolutionmods kernel(thanks Evo for the killer kernel!!)
    *f93 kernel
    *aosp and cm based kernel thread link
    *xbb kernel link

Donations
    Please Support Liquid by Donating HERE

Thanks Section

Major thanks to:
    the liquid team
    shelnutt2
    xboxfanj
    cyanogenmod team
    and to anyone else i may have forgotten to list...

THANK YOU!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] UNOFFICIAL 4.4.x Liquid Smooth v3.1 [ls970] & [gee], ROM for the Sprint LG Optimus G

Contributors
    spleef, Shelnutt2, xboxfanj
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: CM,AOKP,PA,SLIM

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 2/05
    Beta Release Date: 2052-01-14

Created 2013-09-10
    Last Updated 2014-05-18
    4.4.x liquid kitkat screenies
    guys i think liquid is getting pretty close for us to build for 4.3 got it synced but am running into some weird errors trying to build it...have fixed a few but still isnt building....however...is the first sync of liquid ive been able to do in almost a month so is a good thing, if i can work the errors out just might have liquid 4.3 out tonight or tomorrow

It's still building this time, has a ways to go still but so far so good

bah spoke too soon come acroos an error i cant fix maybe tomorrow staying optimistic since it syncing repatedly now
    the error i get is due to omx... maybe tomrrow sources be better for us sorry to get anyones hopes up...on the plus side though...todays carbon is building
    only going to post this in this thread but taking the rest of the weekend off wifey needing some attention...lol..have a great weekend folks of course ill pop in and answer questions as usually but not going to build anything until monday....
    rootbox is building right now then comes liquid...most likely will be some time tomorrow before i get rb finished and uploaded... is just my usual update weekend report...shes a coming guys