fastboot oem unlock w/ code

Search This thread
Jun 30, 2013
one question, should be simple enough to answer i hope. if i get the unlock code to unlock the bootloader will it wipe my phone? the process i think i will use:

plug in factory cable
boot into AP fastboot
Fastboot OEM Unlock
Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery (for the sake of gaining ADB access)
reboot into clockwork mod
enter adb command (adb pull /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db c:\
examine the settings file
adb shell
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
update secure set value=1 where name='mobile_data';
reboot phone normally
enter google credentials to authenticate using mobile data.

my question is, will unlocking the bootloader using fastboot oem unlock wipe my phone? my goal is simply to enable mobile data so google creds will authenticate. mobile data and wifi are both disabled, usb debugging is not enabled, the phone is completely stock and not rooted, and the bootloader is locked.

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
one question, should be simple enough to answer i hope. if i get the unlock code to unlock the bootloader will it wipe my phone? the process i think i will use:

plug in factory cable
boot into AP fastboot
Fastboot OEM Unlock
Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery (for the sake of gaining ADB access)
reboot into clockwork mod
enter adb command (adbineffective /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db c:\
examine the settings file
adb shell
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
update secure set value=1 where name='mobile_data';
reboot phone normally
enter google credentials to authenticate using mobile data.

my question is, will unlocking the bootloader using fastboot oem unlock wipe my phone? my goal is simply to enable mobile data so google creds will authenticate. mobile data and wifi are both disabled, usb debugging is not enabled, the phone is completely stock and not rooted, and the bootloader is locked.

I would assume it will wipe. Does so on the ultra.
Get root via saferoot & backup w/ safestrap. You can restore with ss which will be uneffected by the ul.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Are you getting the far eastern code?

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

The ultra users are learning oem unlock toooo.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2679190

Jun 30, 2013
no, data is not encrypted. truth? none of anyones concern honestly but the owner of this phone is recently deceased, the family needs access to the data on his phone and know his google creds so they may figure out their financial situation and contact people who have left texts and voicemails etc. my goal is not to gain access to the phone, however to let the family access the phone. post reported? owell, i have another phone of the exact same model, i guess i can answer my own question in due time, just waiting on the factory cable to arrive in the mail. i hope it doesnt wipe the phone when i type the command to unlock the bootloader

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
no, data is not encrypted. truth? none of anyones concern honestly but the owner of this phone is recently deceased, the family needs access to the data on his phone and know his google creds so they may figure out their financial situation and contact people who have left texts and voicemails etc. my goal is not to gain access to the phone, however to let the family access the phone. post reported? owell, i have another phone of the exact same model, i guess i can answer my own question in due time, just waiting on the factory cable to arrive in the mail. i hope it doesnt wipe the phone when i type the command to unlock the bootloader

Well, you can't unlock the BL on the M like that if not's a dev edition, and if USB debugging isn't checked, you probably won't get the computer to recognize the phone anyway.