[APP][2.1+] ** OVERVI3W [v1.50] - November 20th 2012 - With Geo-fencing**

Search This thread

chetstriker

Mar 9, 2008
Brattleboro, VT
www.unfairware.com

______OVERVI3W_____

Now you see all calls, bookmarks, internet history, text messages and contacts through your web browser. Track down and Lock down your phone remotely and many many other features. Geo-fencing capabilities now added!

PLEASE, IF YOU LIKE THIS SOFTWARE THEN RATE IT OR ADD COMMENTS TO THE ANDROID MARKET. IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL.

INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE FOUND HERE

** MAKE SURE YOU REBOOT AFTER INSTALL **

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD V1.50 DIRECTLY FROM HERE:
http://goo.gl/prtJf

PLEASE UNINSTALL THE OLDER VERSIONS BEFORE INSTALLING NEWER VERSIONS

If posting back any issues, please include your phone model, android version, phone carrier and ROM (if not stock)

Last edited:

chetstriker

Mar 9, 2008
Brattleboro, VT
www.unfairware.com
****** CHANGE LOG ********

V1.50- November 20th, 2012

* The issues with the block lists have been fixed up. You can add a block for any number 4 digits or greater and it will be found if the transmission ends with those four digits. Example: if your block is 4567 then the phone number 555-123-4567 would be found. so would 34567,234567,123457,...,5551234567
* The GPS module has been rewritten and is MUCH more efficient and accurate at the same time.
* Geo-fencing has been added so now you can define regions on a map and set rules to alert you as to if the phone entered or left those regions during stated days and times.
Keep in mind that this feature is still beta. Try to give extra ~30 feet extra room just to be sure you don't get false positives. This will do a check on every GPS check-in time to see if you have entered or left defined areas. So accuracy is only going to be as accurate as check-in time periods. In general I recommend people don't ever alter the default 15 minutes however.
* The "discreet communications" option didn't make it into this release because of time constraints, but will be available in the next release. Time-estimates will be posted when available.

OLDER REVISIONS HAVE BEEN REMOVED TO MAKE ROOM FOR NEW ONES...

Last edited:

ddrj

Apr 19, 2011
This sounds like a GREAT application!

I have a question though... Does your app NEED to have GPS enabled to track down your phone? If it does, what happens if you don't have GPS enabled? Is there a way to enable GPS remotely through the web interface?

Also, does it track the content of the sms messages? Or only the phone number?

Thanks in advance! I'm loving the features on your app already but just wish for a few questions to be answered :D

ddrj

Apr 19, 2011
The app does not require GPS to be enabled. If no GPS is found, it will triangulate from cell towers. This method is not as accurate however.
I currently do not have a remote "enable gps" command, but I will look into that. It does sound like a great feature to add.

Thanks chetstriker! This is the one thing that I feel that the other (2) apps I've tried have been missing. I won't name the apps since this is your thread and all but if you DO find a way to enable gps remotely, I think that you'd be ahead of your competition. Best of luck with your app :)

W

WiredPirate

On the Atrix it force closes when selecting the enable button after entering my password, i tried several times.

On the Captivate (no sim) I was able to enable admin. I then went to the unfairwair website and "locate" showed the phones exact location. I also tried the "turn on ringer" and was given the responce "false" twice.

chetstriker

Mar 9, 2008
Brattleboro, VT
www.unfairware.com
On the Atrix it force closes when selecting the enable button after entering my password, i tried several times.

On the Captivate (no sim) I was able to enable admin. I then went to the unfairwair website and "locate" showed the phones exact location. I also tried the "turn on ringer" and was given the responce "false" twice.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have to take a deeper look at what could cause the Attrix to FC. For the Captivate however, It's normal to see "False" on the transaction tab. All commands have a completed status of False until the command has actually launched on the phone. This could take up to 5 minutes.
You would also have to refresh the web page to see the change of status.

chetstriker

Mar 9, 2008
Brattleboro, VT
www.unfairware.com
<< important note >>>

The "goodies" tab (the one with all the controls.) runs great on all browsers EXCEPT IE7+
typically if you press commands such as "Lock Phone", "Send Message", "Wipe Phone", etc. they should pop-up commands to ask you for more information or confirmation. Internet Explorer version 7+ has javascript alert command and others disabled by default (unlike every other browser.)
You'll have to use any other browser to use these commands, until I re-write that part.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

______OVERVI3W_____

Now you see all calls, bookmarks, internet history, text messages and contacts through your web browser. Track down and Lock down your phone remotely and many many other features. Geo-fencing capabilities now added!

PLEASE, IF YOU LIKE THIS SOFTWARE THEN RATE IT OR ADD COMMENTS TO THE ANDROID MARKET. IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL.

INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE FOUND HERE

** MAKE SURE YOU REBOOT AFTER INSTALL **

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD V1.50 DIRECTLY FROM HERE:
    http://goo.gl/prtJf

PLEASE UNINSTALL THE OLDER VERSIONS BEFORE INSTALLING NEWER VERSIONS

If posting back any issues, please include your phone model, android version, phone carrier and ROM (if not stock)
    ****** CHANGE LOG ********

V1.50- November 20th, 2012

* The issues with the block lists have been fixed up. You can add a block for any number 4 digits or greater and it will be found if the transmission ends with those four digits. Example: if your block is 4567 then the phone number 555-123-4567 would be found. so would 34567,234567,123457,...,5551234567
    * The GPS module has been rewritten and is MUCH more efficient and accurate at the same time.
    * Geo-fencing has been added so now you can define regions on a map and set rules to alert you as to if the phone entered or left those regions during stated days and times.
    Keep in mind that this feature is still beta. Try to give extra ~30 feet extra room just to be sure you don't get false positives. This will do a check on every GPS check-in time to see if you have entered or left defined areas. So accuracy is only going to be as accurate as check-in time periods. In general I recommend people don't ever alter the default 15 minutes however.
    * The "discreet communications" option didn't make it into this release because of time constraints, but will be available in the next release. Time-estimates will be posted when available.

OLDER REVISIONS HAVE BEEN REMOVED TO MAKE ROOM FOR NEW ONES...
    The app does not require GPS to be enabled. If no GPS is found, it will triangulate from cell towers. This method is not as accurate however.
    I currently do not have a remote "enable gps" command, but I will look into that. It does sound like a great feature to add.
    Sorry for the delay, yes there is actually quite a lot in the works right now.
    The issues with the block lists have been fixed up. The GPS module has been rewritten and is MUCH more efficient and accurate at the same time.
    Also I've added geofencing capabilities, so now you can define regions on a map and set rules to alert you as to if the phone entered or left those regions during stated days and times.
    Coming to the next release will also include an option to have certain defined text messages be deleted before reaching your SMS inbox so that you can only view them from the web. Hopefully a couple extra surprise features will jump in on the next release too.
    The said next released is scheduled for November 18th, however attached is a quick-fix updated version that takes care of the allow and block list issues and a better GPS module (not the final release of it though).
    Enjoy
    Hero CDMA
    Sprint
    CM7

Reinstalling after the re-flash to fix my texting issues seemed to do the trick. No more issues OP, keep up the great work :)

And to those who are saying cdma is causing problems because they use a MEID instead of an IMEI.. It's not causing any problems for me, all I did was put the MEID where it asks for the IMEI online, so I don't think that's the issue here.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

Edit:
    @Framedtrash
    Yes, to disable the password. on the phone, go to Settings->Location & Security->Setup Screen Lock->None