[ROM] Warm TwoPointThree - Release One [Sense3.5][1/11/2012] - Always Brilliant!

Search This thread

bob24260

Aug 30, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Nubia Red Magic 6
Ironically, I read about this occurring on the One X and One S on android central. They suggest changing the IP Settings and other info, here's a link for the full details:

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-work-around-wifi-disconnection-issues-htc-one-x-and-one-s#comments

I never had any wifi issues so I can't say this worked for me. I don't recall anyone having success in fixing them though on these Sense 3.0 roms.

3.0?

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
3.0?

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

You know I thought my post looked off but I didn't catch it. I meant to write "Sense 3.0+ roms." I only looked at the first few settings in my link and I can see them on the ICS rom I'm using but as I said, I never could replicate wifi drops so I know I wouldn't notice any difference.

Reactions: bob24260

bob24260

Aug 30, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Nubia Red Magic 6
You know I thought my post looked off but I didn't catch it. I meant to write "Sense 3.0+ roms." I only looked at the first few settings in my link and I can see them on the ICS rom I'm using but as I said, I never could replicate wifi drops so I know I wouldn't notice any difference.

Lol...I was just trying to give you a hard time.lol.I knew what you meant.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using xda premium

Reactions: SlimSnoopOS

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga

This doesn't happen when turned off, it happens ever hour or so.
Something made in the sense 3.0+ makes things screwy with our wifi, in a logcat it usually says something about a shutdown because of something I did not understand.

But any cm rom or gb and sense 3.0 will never give me wifi issues.
I've tried to get devs to look into it and I was always told it was my radio, which pissed me off because I didn't want to flash one on a chance of bricking (beginner in my rooting days, I was afraid lol) anyway I did end up flashing a radio from the evo 08.08 and it seemed to have fixed the problem until I switched to another sense 3.5 and the reoccurence came back.

I've been to to do static ip's and issue ip's. I'm not technical on my router, I'm a huge PC nerd and loved tearing through stuff weather it be inside the computers components or when its turned and rumbling through the cmd and settings.
I just ain't technical with router settings so I never tried, on top of that I don't have a computer. :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

bob24260

Aug 30, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Nubia Red Magic 6
Warm 2.3 link

Ok folks here you go.Heres a working link for Warm 2.3.Im glad I could help out.Its severely frustrating sometimes to want to try out a Rom and for one reason or another the links dead.I know when multiupload went down it really screwed a lot of people.Several Devs lost their hard work.Anyhow,I plan on putting up a thread soon to try and revive some of the dead links.If there is a problem with my link please let me know and I will fix it ASAP.A big thank you to SlimSnoopOS for the posting of his link.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22384809/Warm-Two-Point-Three-3.5-Inc.zip

Last edited:

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
This doesn't happen when turned off, it happens ever hour or so.
Something made in the sense 3.0+ makes things screwy with our wifi, in a logcat it usually says something about a shutdown because of something I did not understand.

But any cm rom or gb and sense 3.0 will never give me wifi issues.
I've tried to get devs to look into it and I was always told it was my radio, which pissed me off because I didn't want to flash one on a chance of bricking (beginner in my rooting days, I was afraid lol) anyway I did end up flashing a radio from the evo 08.08 and it seemed to have fixed the problem until I switched to another sense 3.5 and the reoccurence came back.

I've been to to do static ip's and issue ip's. I'm not technical on my router, I'm a huge PC nerd and loved tearing through stuff weather it be inside the computers components or when its turned and rumbling through the cmd and settings.
I just ain't technical with router settings so I never tried, on top of that I don't have a computer. :)

Call it a hunch but someone has pointed out a wifi patch that addresses VOIP issues by changing the wifi sleep mod. So I've added that patch to the latest gingertiny kernel. Let me know if it helps with the disconnects on Sense 3.0+ ROMS:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31805083/2.6.35.14-gingertiny-v2-03112012%2Bwifipatch.zip

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Call it a hunch but someone has pointed out a wifi patch that addresses VOIP issues by changing the wifi sleep mod. So I've added that patch to the latest gingertiny kernel. Let me know if it helps with the disconnects on Sense 3.0+ ROMS:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31805083/2.6.35.14-gingertiny-v2-03112012+wifipatch.zip
Sure thing, actually I'm going to reflash clutch.
Ics cm9 is becoming a pain, to much maintenance at the moment.

bob24260

Aug 30, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Nubia Red Magic 6

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31805083/2.6.35.14-gingertiny-v2-03112012+wifipatch.zip

I appreciate your dedication to our devices.I will give this a whirl and report back later today.I never had issue with Stangs Bass 3D or even the old original Bliss port.Like I said earlier,my drops only last 2-3 seconds and reconnects,but its enough to break a download.

Sent from my Synergy Rom using xda premium

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
It lasted for awhile but just started dropping about an hour ago.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2

So the wifi patch doesn't address the issue. That means the issue is not related to the wifi power mode change when screen is off. It should still help if you use voip over wifi.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bob24260

Aug 30, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Nubia Red Magic 6
So the wifi patch doesn't address the issue. That means the issue is not related to the wifi power mode change when screen is off. It should still help if you use voip over wifi.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Regardless of whether it fixes the issue or doesn't ,your efforts are still very much appreciated.I haven't had a chance to try yet.Will when I get home.

roflhorse

May 28, 2009
Thank you SO much for putting that on dropbox. I just installed it, and it's installing my apps at the moment.

I have a question regarding the display - everything seems...not so crisp. Almost as if it's displaying a higher resolution than the screen is capable of, and is compressing the image. Is there a way to make it look nice and crisp like a stock rom/Nil's 3.5 rom?

I've got the AMOLED screen if that matters.

bob24260

Aug 30, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Nubia Red Magic 6
Thank you SO much for putting that on dropbox. I just installed it, and it's installing my apps at the moment.

I have a question regarding the display - everything seems...not so crisp. Almost as if it's displaying a higher resolution than the screen is capable of, and is compressing the image. Is there a way to make it look nice and crisp like a stock rom/Nil's 3.5 rom?

I've got the AMOLED screen if that matters.
I just put the link up because I want everyone to be able to enjoy it as much as I have.But I actually got the idea to link it from SlimSnoopOS.His link was the first one up.A big thank you SlimSnoop.As far as the screen resolution issue I cant answer that one myself.I use an app called Rom Toolbox Pro that allows you to change your screen density and that may be worth trying.But before you do that make sure you know what your doing.I dont think it would hurt anything but I guess its better to be safe than sorry.

jbizzle

Jun 11, 2010
Jeez. Not sure what happened. I have been flashing ROMs forever but somehow USB bricked my phone after installing this. Can't read SD card from CWM...I am stuck in boot loops when I try to boot and can't restore, what a headache!

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Jeez. Not sure what happened. I have been flashing ROMs forever but somehow USB bricked my phone after installing this. Can't read SD card from CWM...I am stuck in boot loops when I try to boot and can't restore, what a headache!

Copy the contents of your sd card to your computer then reformat the sd card to FAT32. Then move your contents back to the sd card and try again. If it fails to pick up your sd card, reinstall CWM through hboot.

CWM can be found on the official website or at: www.pvillecomp.com

I'm not quite sure what "USB bricked" means.

roflhorse

May 28, 2009
I just put the link up because I want everyone to be able to enjoy it as much as I have.But I actually got the idea to link it from SlimSnoopOS.His link was the first one up.A big thank you SlimSnoop.As far as the screen resolution issue I cant answer that one myself.I use an app called Rom Toolbox Pro that allows you to change your screen density and that may be worth trying.But before you do that make sure you know what your doing.I dont think it would hurt anything but I guess its better to be safe than sorry.

You know, after looking at it, I think it was the font that is set to default. There is a way to change it in the rom, and after I flashed the rom I changed it. Problem is it requires a restart, and after trying to restart the phone it hangs on the HTC Incredible white screen. I then have to restore my stock+ rom.

I've tried to flash this three times, and all three times it loads just fine, but when I restart the phone, it hangs. I've also tried to restart without changing the font, and the same result happens. Any ideas? This thing looks freaking awesome from what I've seen, I really want to get this going as my daily driver.

bob24260

Aug 30, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Nubia Red Magic 6
You know, after looking at it, I think it was the font that is set to default. There is a way to change it in the rom, and after I flashed the rom I changed it. Problem is it requires a restart, and after trying to restart the phone it hangs on the HTC Incredible white screen. I then have to restore my stock+ rom.

I've tried to flash this three times, and all three times it loads just fine, but when I restart the phone, it hangs. I've also tried to restart without changing the font, and the same result happens. Any ideas? This thing looks freaking awesome from what I've seen, I really want to get this going as my daily driver.

I know you are probably tired of hearing this but I gotta ask...Are you wiping ?What I do almost every single time is go to recovery...
Factory reset
Wipe cache
Mounts and Storage:
Format boot
Format system
Format datadata
Format data
Format cache
Back out of Mounts and Storage and go to main menu of Recovery:
Advanced:
Wipe Dalvik
Wipe Battery Stats
Back out of Advanced and go to main menu of Recovery

Do fresh install of Rom
After it finishes installing go to main menu of Recovery
Wipe Cache,Go to Advanced,Wipe Dalvik,Reboot.

Set up your Rom with changes to font you mentioned.Instead of rebooting all the way,reboot to recovery.Wipe Cache,wipe dalvik.Reboot.

Now I'm probably going to catch flack with people saying all those steps are unnecessary and they may very well be unnecessary but its worked for me every single time without fail.Hope this helps.

DustinBooyah

Dec 25, 2010
Gainesville, FL

That's normal for this ROM... This one holds the record for longest boot ever. I cut my hair and showered for after I flashed and it had JUST finished by the time I picked it up

bob24260

Aug 30, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Nubia Red Magic 6
That's normal for this ROM... This one holds the record for longest boot ever. I cut my hair and showered for after I flashed and it had JUST finished by the time I picked it up

I should have mentioned that too.Thanks for pointing that out...I didn't cut my hair but I did go out get my son off bus and when I came back in it was on the warm 2.3 screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    W3Devs-wmz-beats.png

subh_TheSprinkles.png

subh_Downloads.png

• Download Warm TwoPointThree RLS 1 DEODEX
    • Official Nightlies Download Repository
      New nightly releases will be available for download 1-2 hours after a new commit is made to svn :)

If downloading via your mobile device it is recommended to use FireFox as these download sites are not optimized for the default HTC Browser.

subh_InstallationInstructions.png

1. Download DEODEXED version of the ROM
    2. Reboot into Recovery.
    3. Perform Nandroid backup
    4. Minimally wipe dalvik and cache. For optimal experience, perform full wipe (data/dalvik/cache).
    5. Flash rom
    6. Reboot
    7. Enjoy :)

subh_OtherOptionalDownloads.png

(Flash these just like how you flash roms)
    • Many optional installs available in post #2

subh_Notes.png

• Please report any bugs Here
    • FAQ is available in post #3

subh_Disclaimer.png

• As always, the entire Warm Team is not responsible for anything that happens to your phone while using these files.

subh_Bugs.png

• Soft Keys Dont Light Up
    • You Tell Me :)

subh_Thanks.png

• Warm Team - DJZager, incubus26JC, Joelz9614, SteelH and myn
    • HUGE THANKS TO RCMIX TEAM FOR OUR BASE ROM AND ALL THEY DO :)
    • Tribulattifather For his android_audio.mp3 :D
    • Thanks to Newtoroot For Emmc Mount Fix And 720p Fix , he_stheone64 for tons of theming, MisFit, Tiny, Romanbb, Ihftp69 (you guys rock!)

Ok ive sold my Inc (really needed the money)......so i am here to tell you guys all my roms here are discontinues (Maybe 1 BAMF Rom for you guys not 100% sure yet might happen though) so you guys are free to use any of my work/roms etc....the inc forums will always be the best :D again im sorry
    Multiupload seems to be down, any way to get it uploaded somewhere else to download? I can't wait to try this Rom!! WarmTwopointTwo was one of my favorite roms!

I'll try uploading it and posting another link.

Edit: Here you go.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13893394/Warm-Two-Point-Three-3.5-Inc.zip
    i miss u guys....wish i still had my dinc