[XT1033][Trying]One Sim Working On All Roms [Implementing EPRJ RIL]

Search This thread

rr46000

Aug 26, 2012
Was looking around how to make atleast one sim working on all roms and then i saw this thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2496075

Turns out the problem he mentioned was the same as every rom(except 2 made for xt1033) on xt1033
1.Rom taking time to set up network
2.Not able to receive call even when the ring is going.

Happened with me on every rom except with Paranoid android and Cm11 for xt1033

So what to do?
In the thread mentioned above are the simple steps for doing it
(Now please read the full thread before reading down)
C. How to change RIL?

Steps:

1. First step is to open the .zip of your custom ROM you want to edit, and search for system/framework/telephony-common.jar

2. Extract it to AndroidMultitool/Files, and after extract is done, delete it from .zip

3. Open Android Multitool, under Decompiling select .jar, then select telephony-common.jar in AndroidMultitool/Files, click "decompile"

4. After you're done, check if there were any errors in the Log, in AndroidMultitool main window

5. Head over to AndroidMultitool/Decompiled_jar/telephony-common/com/android/internal/telephony and look for X3RIL.smali. This is CM's RIL implemented in custom roms, which we dont need anymore, so delete it

6. Now, you need to decide wether to use X3RIL_old.smali, which is RIL from EPRJ CM10.2 built on 20130813, or X3RIL_new.smali which is RIL from EPRJ CM10.2 built on 20131007. I'm using 20131007 atm, and it's working without issues

7. When you've decided, move it back into AndroidMultitool/Decompiled_jar/telephony-common/com/android/internal/telephony and rename it to X3RIL.smali

8. Back in AndroidMultitool, under Compilin, select jar, and for folder select AndroidMultitool/Decompiled_jar/telephony-common, press "compile", and check for errors in Log

9. Output should be classes.dex file under AndroidMultitool/Compiled_jar

10. Open telephony-common.jar in AndroidMultitool/Files with WinRar - you should see META-INF folder, with classes.dex file

11. Delete classes.dex file in WinRAR

12. Move classes.dex file from AndroidMultitool/Compiled_jar to telephony-common.jar opened in WinRAR

13. Paste telephony-common.jar into system/framework inside the custom rom .zip file

14. You now have modified ROM ready to flash on our device!

I wanted pacrom to work and there was no
X3RIL.smali so i used RIL.smali from the cm11 made doubleprank's telephony-common.jar
On decompiling there was also an org folder so i pasted that as well
Done all the steps and i got a phone fc
Now what should i do ahead
Anyway i have attached all the telephony.jars of all roms i have for testing

Last edited:

Doublepranks

Nov 21, 2013
Belem
What exactly do you want? I mean if PACROM is all you want i will be more than glad to build it for you with the minimal hassle of installing over the en.GB firmware.

rr46000

Aug 26, 2012
not that

What exactly do you want? I mean if PACROM is all you want i will be more than glad to build it for you with the minimal hassle of installing over the en.GB firmware.

pacrom was just an example
I was just looking what else could be done instead of building?(because there are so may roms) but i sort of gave up and will build now if i figure it out

Doublepranks

Nov 21, 2013
Belem
pacrom was just an example
I was just looking what else could be done instead of building?(because there are so may roms) but i sort of gave up and will build now if i figure it out

Take a look at sources on my thread, you'll get exactly what you need.

Commit MessagePermalink
p880: Solve IMEI and mobile data problems. Implement baseband recovery.

I don't like the old RILJ, at all. It is unstable and contains just the
necessary code to make RIL to work.
In the old one, there wasn't any baseband recovery management and no quirks
at all.
EternityProject's version instead, contains baseband recovery, that solves
the ugly and bad problem that happens when the radio goes to UNAVAILABLE
state by restarting it completely, avoiding to lose calls and SMS'es.
Also, it contains rawip insmod/rmmod that, on some modern kernels, like
3.4.37 by EternityProject, isn't working like expected.
It also has a better and proper implementation of
RIL_UNSOL_LGE_SELECTED_SPEECH_CODEC management. The reply has to be
an integer value, so that lge-ril.so will handle that correctly.
Moreover, RIL_UNSOL_LGE_PBREADY was not implemented at all and it was
needed to tell the radio to go into AT READY state.
The reason why we need this is because this will actually allow us to
use modern kernels and to (in future) probably get rid of some proprietary
libraries to switch, instead, to opensource code.

That's probably a very good reason to marge this into CM, i wonder why it never happened.

yash.sharma99@yahoo.com

Jul 14, 2012
Awesome!

Was looking around how to make atleast one sim working on all roms and then i saw this thread

Turns out the problem he mentioned was the same as every rom(except 2 made for xt1033) on xt1033

Awesome! LOVE U BRO! YOU RESPONDED VERY QUICKLY!!! I'M REAL HAPPY!:D:D:D:D;):fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::highfive::highfive::highfive::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Bro, I ques, the telephony.jar of pac rom that you attached, is fully gone through all the processes that u mentioned here????
Answer me cause I don't have patience and I know you're online now!:D:confused:

rr46000

Aug 26, 2012
Whoa!

Awesome! LOVE U BRO! YOU RESPONDED VERY QUICKLY!!! I'M REAL HAPPY!:D:D:D:D;):fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::highfive::highfive::highfive::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Bro, I ques, the telephony.jar of pac rom that you attached, is fully gone through all the processes that u mentioned here????
Answer me cause I don't have patience and I know you're online now!:D:confused:

Bro chill out!
See the heading it is saying trying
The attached jars are the original ones(not edited)
Currently the procedure is not working
I thought of sharing it so the people with knowledge in thus could discuss then we could finally make sim available
But that didn't work out as no one know what to do ahead in this procedure
The only solution now is to build the rom with xt1033 which i am trying ans as i earlier told you if i figure it out ,i will share it

yash.sharma99@yahoo.com

Jul 14, 2012
Doesn't work

Doesn't work on PACman ROM. Neither on others. CM AND PA Both already have it working. :(:(
I'm really disappointed today as my excitement is totally shattered.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Bro chill out!
See the heading it is saying trying
The attached jars are the original ones(not edited)
Currently the procedure is not working
I thought of sharing it so the people with knowledge in thus could discuss then we could finally make sim available
But that didn't work out as no one know what to do ahead in this procedure
The only solution now is to build the rom with xt1033 which i am trying ans as i earlier told you if i figure it out ,i will share it

Alright brother!
ALL THE BEST! EVEN I'M WORKING OVER PACman rom. I'm new to develop aosp based roms. Iused todevelop samsung galaxy y stock roms as it only had cm7.2 which was damn old. I'll have to learn a lot.

rr46000

Aug 26, 2012
Oic

Doesn't work on PACman ROM. Neither on others. CM AND PA Both already have it working. :(:(
I'm really disappointed today as my excitement is totally shattered.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Alright brother!
ALL THE BEST! EVEN I'M WORKING OVER PACman rom. I'm new to develop aosp based roms. Iused todevelop samsung galaxy y stock roms as it only had cm7.2 which was damn old. I'll have to learn a lot.

lets divide our work
I'll work on mokee open source and u on pac
fine?

Last edited:

yash.sharma99@yahoo.com

Jul 14, 2012
Lets see.

lets divide our work
I'll work on mokee open source and u on pac
fine?

I've recently started ****STUDYING**** on how to develop a PAC ROM. I wrote before that I had only worked on Samsung official ROM modding and stuff. But sounds a good idea. We'll double team this PAC ROM. If doublepranks could help us in this then it would be better. Give me 2 days time or you yourself can help me out on how to start up with this stuff.

It would be better if you could help me in somewhat teaching me this stuff. I've already read some stuff on PAC's official website.

E-Mail me at my username - (Check my profile name)....

Rgds
Yash

By the way, what's mokee? I'm a fast learner especially in dev stuff. I'll surely catch-up with you.It would be good if you could help me out.

Lets open a DEV-DB page on this.:highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So what to do?
    In the thread mentioned above are the simple steps for doing it
    (Now please read the full thread before reading down)
    C. How to change RIL?

Steps:

1. First step is to open the .zip of your custom ROM you want to edit, and search for system/framework/telephony-common.jar

2. Extract it to AndroidMultitool/Files, and after extract is done, delete it from .zip

3. Open Android Multitool, under Decompiling select .jar, then select telephony-common.jar in AndroidMultitool/Files, click "decompile"

4. After you're done, check if there were any errors in the Log, in AndroidMultitool main window

5. Head over to AndroidMultitool/Decompiled_jar/telephony-common/com/android/internal/telephony and look for X3RIL.smali. This is CM's RIL implemented in custom roms, which we dont need anymore, so delete it

6. Now, you need to decide wether to use X3RIL_old.smali, which is RIL from EPRJ CM10.2 built on 20130813, or X3RIL_new.smali which is RIL from EPRJ CM10.2 built on 20131007. I'm using 20131007 atm, and it's working without issues

7. When you've decided, move it back into AndroidMultitool/Decompiled_jar/telephony-common/com/android/internal/telephony and rename it to X3RIL.smali

8. Back in AndroidMultitool, under Compilin, select jar, and for folder select AndroidMultitool/Decompiled_jar/telephony-common, press "compile", and check for errors in Log

9. Output should be classes.dex file under AndroidMultitool/Compiled_jar

10. Open telephony-common.jar in AndroidMultitool/Files with WinRar - you should see META-INF folder, with classes.dex file

11. Delete classes.dex file in WinRAR

12. Move classes.dex file from AndroidMultitool/Compiled_jar to telephony-common.jar opened in WinRAR

13. Paste telephony-common.jar into system/framework inside the custom rom .zip file

14. You now have modified ROM ready to flash on our device!

I wanted pacrom to work and there was no
    X3RIL.smali so i used RIL.smali from the cm11 made doubleprank's telephony-common.jar
    On decompiling there was also an org folder so i pasted that as well
    Done all the steps and i got a phone fc
    @dhacker @Doublepranks
    Sent from my MotoG using Tapatalk