[Q] Force closed apps after updates with NAE stock and cf auto root

Search This thread

lil_jay22

Mar 9, 2014
I had the stock MK2 with cf auto root and just updated to stock NAE found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2663619
and did (lates version of) cf auto root with odin and everything when smooth, working properly and kept all my data too. Until I tried doing app updates.

From the play store I updated some apps but they started to force close repeatedly so not sure of what to do I re flashed to stock NAE and did the app updates I wanted THEN did the cf auto root and back to normal.

Having the free titanium backup app I decided to buy the Pro version and the whole forced close app issue happened again.

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if there is a way to fix this so I don't have to keep going through the process of flashing to stock NAE to do app updates then root again.

PS: this website is great! :good: Been so helpful and it came time to be part of it.

chocol8doll

Aug 24, 2010
BUMP

I am having a similar problem as well. All my apps worked until the started to update through play store. So far I am having issue with FB, IG, Slice, and Glide. They either wont open at all or they constantly force close. Have you found a solution yet?

lil_jay22

Mar 9, 2014
fixed

I had the stock MK2 with cf auto root and just updated to stock NAE found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2663619
and did (lates version of) cf auto root with odin and everything when smooth, working properly and kept all my data too. Until I tried doing app updates.

From the play store I updated some apps but they started to force close repeatedly so not sure of what to do I re flashed to stock NAE and did the app updates I wanted THEN did the cf auto root and back to normal.

Having the free titanium backup app I decided to buy the Pro version and the whole forced close app issue happened again.

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if there is a way to fix this so I don't have to keep going through the process of flashing to stock NAE to do app updates then root again.

PS: this website is great! :good: Been so helpful and it came time to be part of it.
ok so after a weekend of trial and error I narrowed it down to the hotspot mod causing the problem. I had reflashed and factory reset and then root and MANUAL hotspot mod with sManager explorer that would force close once before letting me rename the service files but worked after second attempts but would force close any updated apps after the mod. To fix it I deleted the service files for hotspot mod and replaced them with the original ones I had renamed.
The trick to getting it to work is installing philz recovery and flashing the hotspot zip from there. now I have hotspot and no issues with force closed apps.
hope this helps others that stumble on this issue

lil_jay22

Mar 9, 2014
I am having a similar problem as well. All my apps worked until the started to update through play store. So far I am having issue with FB, IG, Slice, and Glide. They either wont open at all or they constantly force close. Have you found a solution yet?
If you have the hotspot mod and did it manually by renaming the files and placing the new ones try flashing it instead of a manual overide, hope it helps good luck.:good: