Search This thread

Omga4000

Sep 4, 2011
Well first of all good luck on your exam!! :D

April the 20th? So long? :(
I will be in the army by then..

rr88821

Aug 6, 2011
Anyone experiencing backup problem, i tried to backup in CWM, but failed to create md5sum..

Hello Rohit, any idea?

XDAMENS

Dec 24, 2010
Hi, do I have to do factory data reset if I am merely upgrading from v3 to v5 ? Or can I simply flash over ?

Wond3r

Aug 24, 2008
Anyone experiencing backup problem, i tried to backup in CWM, but failed to create md5sum..

Hello Rohit, any idea?

Uh oh , I havent tried yet, i wonder what the issue is?

Rohit, I tried WIUI again recently and like the HybridICS theme on it very much. If I want to use it on your ROM, would I just backup the current theme in MIUI backup (to my sd card) and then flash your rom and restore that backup?

gh.rohit

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2011
Mumbai
www.rgui.net
Uh oh , I havent tried yet, i wonder what the issue is?

Rohit, I tried WIUI again recently and like the HybridICS theme on it very much. If I want to use it on your ROM, would I just backup the current theme in MIUI backup (to my sd card) and then flash your rom and restore that backup?

Yes you can use it like that

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

gh.rohit

Oct 18, 2011
Mumbai
www.rgui.net
Thank you

For your next release, after you finish your exams of course, do you think the nandroid backup will be fixed?

EDIT:
Oh Rohit, 2.3.9 GB was just released.
Changelog here - http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/miui-rom-2-3-9-changelog-gb.15659/
Maybe we can get a mini update? a version 4.5 from you, as your version 5 will be ics I believe

Yes from next release nandroid backup will be fixed.

Ya i saw that link 9hr back only. After saw changelog i dont think so we face those problems.

maestropetr

Apr 20, 2007
Southend on sea
hi gh.rohit got question do u any idea why is my s2 get overhrat with all miui. I like yr rom but even tho I cant keep it just for few min because heat and battery drain. thanks

gh.rohit

Oct 18, 2011
Mumbai
www.rgui.net
hi gh.rohit got question do u any idea why is my s2 get overhrat with all miui. I like yr rom but even tho I cant keep it just for few min because heat and battery drain. thanks

Its due to deep sleep battery issue, switch off phone, remove battery....wait few seconds,now insert battery and restart phone.

For more battery tweaks,check my sig. Look for battery tweaks thread.

Reactions: maestropetr

Wond3r

Aug 24, 2008
That issue only affects certain phones right?

I wiped and updated to your rom. Restored titanium backup apps.
None of the restored apps appear in the market under "My Apps" and when I run the Market Doctor in titanium, it does not show those apps.

In the market if I specifically search for an installed app, it shows "installed" But they are not under "My Apps"

edit: I just cleared the cache and data of Market and still no luck

Last edited:

gh.rohit

Oct 18, 2011
Mumbai
www.rgui.net
That issue only affects certain phones right?

I wiped and updated to your rom. Restored titanium backup apps.
None of the restored apps appear in the market under "My Apps" and when I run the Market Doctor in titanium, it does not show those apps.

In the market if I specifically search for an installed app, it shows "installed" But they are not under "My Apps"

Ya i know, its titanium app issue, you can do one thing.....backup apps with miui backup app and then restore.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MIUI][5 Aug] ╠█╣ RGUI_NDT MIUI V4 ╠█╣ ✰| The Game Changer |✰

LATEST VERSION:- SGSII RGUI NDT GT-I9100 ICS V4 and GB V9

ICS BETA VERSION :-[MULTILANGUAGE]

[ English, Chinese, Polish, Dutch, Italian, Korean, Danish,Italian,Arabic,Ukrainian ]

- Based on Android 4.0.3
    - MIUI Launcher
    - APN for almost all networks.
    - 3G/Data/Audio/Bluetooth/GPS/Phone/
    - Hosts file to stop most web ads.
    - USB File Transfer
    - WIFI Tethering/USB Tethering
    - Inbuilt root permissions

multilanguage support (19 languages)
    (CHINESE - ENGLISH - VIETNAMESE - SPANISH - FRENCH - ITALIAN - HEBREW- DUTCH - PORTUGESE - DANISH - TURKISH - POLISH - KOREAN - RUSSIAN - GERMAN - SLOVENIAN - HUNGARIAN - GREEK - PERSIAN)

Working:
    -Based on newest Android 2.3.7
    -MIUI Launcher
    -3G/Data/Audio/Bluetooth/GPS/Phone/
    -Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.1x/EAP authentication and Ad-Hoc Wi-Fi)
    -APN for almost network
    -MIUI Camera (Wide screen support)
    -Camcoder (FullHD)
    -Hosts file to stop most web ads.
    -USB File Transfer
    -WIFI Tethering/Wired Tethering
    -Many useful apps
    -CWMManager
    -Zipaligned and Signed
    -Multilang keyboard with predict support (Vibrate&Sound working)
    -BLN
    -Root permission was disable by default, to enable it: Go to Superuser app, press Menu button - Setting and Enable ROOT permission
    -If you have reboot issue when use 3rd Party Call&SMS app, go to Supperuser and allow them

Credits:-
    Miui team, Miuiandroid,miuius,miuiscotland, gokhanmoral,pikachu01,PhysX(for V4 theme),Papa Smurf151,RockoDev,st@matis,slaid480,pele,fekke,Capez,Dragon7780,Team CM, chetan_mohanty,buster041284,Fluxi,Skupr, ykkfive,theos0o,Wajk, Adyscorpius,Langthang,Dragon7780,Brad Heffernan,DarkSide Agent,Smando,wanam,tommrazek01,geko95gek

Download link: Please don't reupload or share my ROM to other forums or website without my permission

RGUI GB V9:- [ It takes time to boot, read changelog ]

RGUI_NDT_MIUI_GT-I9100_GB_V9

If you want to make backup in cwm, flash siyah for correct md5.
    Pledgie:-
    Hello RGUI S2 and S3 Users,

I upgraded my internet plan, which costs me 25$/month, still want to upgrade it to 35$/month (40$ including fees of payapal ) for better upload speed, as S3 roms are of 600mb.

If donation exceed 40$/month, i will use it for next month.

Looking forward for support from you guys.
    RGUI ICS V4 :-[ Will upload multilang add-ons as soon as miuiandroid release it ][ READ CHANGELOG ]

www.rgui.net

Stay Updated With RGUI News....Join RGUI Facebook Page ( CLICK HERE )

For S3 launcher......follow this thread ( LINK )

JOIN RGUI ON

how to flash ROM:-
    - Backup you apps with MIUI BACKUP / for non miui user, backup your apps with Ultimate backup app from market
    - Boot into recovery
    - Do factory reset, wipe cache data, wipe delvik cache.
    - Flash rom from sd card
    - Reboot.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:-

Donators
    :- cjhmdm,toni123(2 Donations),jclarel(3 Donations),PrinzEisenherz1(2 Donations),Dipo123(3 Donations), oznav,benbird7,manish21nov,Ryszard Molenda, malavan,Jakub Urbanek,mchu6am4,Ahsan Rana,F Cebi,mcnaget,can7,thoth_19,jaun karzhoff,frewys, Francesco Lerro,mrbuzz1967,Dipo123

rguimiuilogo.jpg

If you like RGUI MIUI ROM and wants to support RGUI,then add below signatures to your sig. [sig credits:- clifffhanger][Find Latest sigs here.....CLICK HERE.......]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    28ixndj.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshots:-
    Change logs

Changelog V4 :-
    No multilanguage for now, I will add multilang add-ons as soon as miuiandroid release it

Code:
    ============================================================
    - Updated Su files
    - Many tweaks for battery life
    - Tweaks for Render UI with GPU
    - tweaks to remove lag
    - tweaks for smoothness
    - Updated Gapps
    - With siyah kernel
    - Removed Aroma

- Changed Framework animation
    - Increased Volume levels of speaker,headphone,notification sounds
    - Added jelly bean boot animation
    - Added jelly bean Play Store
    - Added jelly bean wallpaper
    - Disabled screen wakeup on volume buttons
    - Reverted back to siyah 3.2.4

=======================================================================
    1. Disabled scrolling cache
    2. MIUI Launcher redraw is minimised  
    3. Now you can move users app to sd card
    4. Increased touchscreen sensitivity.
    5. Zipalign apps at boot
    6. Tweaks for smoother scrolling
    7. Added default ringtone from S3
    8. init.d scripts supports.
    9. Fixed CRT-OFF animation
    10. Added 3way reboot.
    11. Faster GPS than before.
    12. More smoother, no need to use spare part app or set any settings.
    13. Enabled Keyboard change icon from statusbar.
    14. Added new weather clock widget  
    15. Inbuilt root permissions.
    15. New Live wallpapers.

ChangeLog GB V9 :-

Code:
    1. Added Bravia MegaBass Effect
    2. Updated GPS File
    3. Updated Host File
    4. Improved Internet Speed Enhancement Tweaks
    5. Improved 3G Tweaks 
    6. Improved Battery life tweaks
    7. Improved Tweaks for JPEG Quality maxed to 100%
    8. Improved overall touch responsiveness
    [b]- Boot takes time
    why??
    Script runs at every boot. So you decide now faster phone or slow boot[/b]

[b]Previous tweaks added :-[/b]
    - Better Vm management memory tweaks so that your apps perform better
    - The Loopy smoothness tweak!Make your launcher and system UI smoother
    - Zippaligning and Verify-Bytecode tweak!More free and Less RAM usage
    - SD card tweaks!Tired of slow read/write speed?This is gonna make it Rapid :P
    - Sysctl.Conf file! Kernel tweaks for more battery life and slightly more performance!
    - Less lag in phone calls 
    - better scrolling in contacts/menus/folders
    - Smoother live wallpapers!!
    - System processes priority tweaks (phone,sms etc..)Makes switching between them faster!!
    - Build.prop tweaking script for battery/performance etc...
    - Optimized sqlite and I/O tweaks for better quadrant scores
    - Video acceleration enabled
    - Overall performance/responsiveness increase
    - Few tweaks for better battery life
    - Wireless speed increases
    - Better video streaming
    - System_server from android 4.0 for efficient system funcionality and performance!
    Add-ons

Move app to sd Fix :-
    http://d-h.st/OmV

RGUI REMIX THEME FOR ICS RC5 :-

Click here

Add-ons For GB V9 :-
    Check attachment
    1. ICS Transaction Animation
    2. Latest MIUI Camera

stock miui camera [gb] :-
    http://www.mediafire.com/?b0b9b5rg7xll1h2

V4 themes :-

http://cellcustomize.com/tag/miui-themes/

Battery life tweaks:-

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1461435ac

Dirty kernel :- [GB]
    Check Attachment

RTLFix_RGUI MIUI FINAL GB.zip :-
    http://jumbofiles.com/5vdix0c834n9

Volume skip track[GB] :-
    Check Attachment

RGUI BootAnimation added :- (this is my first try, will add creative animations soon)
    check attachments

Default MIUI theme[GB]
    check attachments
    Old version download links

If you want any old link.....ask in thread
    Information

Extweaks for siyah with ICS ROM:-
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1572538

How to change carrier logo??[GB] check this what it is??? ---> http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/595/20120314222001.jpg

You should have Extended settings (which is inbuilt in my rom)

1. Open ROM zip on desktop
    2. Extract systemui.apk from system>app to the desktop
    3. Find a picture you want to use [small size icon/logo] and name it carrier_logo.png and drop it into drawable-hdpi and overwrite the old one.
    4. Put systemui.apk to sd card.
    5. now copy&paste it system>app using root explorer........and when you overwrite it you will get continuous fc. Just do hard reboot.
    5. When you reboot you'll have no status bar just go back into system>app and change the permission rw-r-r and reboot / hot reboot.
    6. It should be all good!!!
    7. If its all blurry or big then Open MIUI control app > statusbar settings > carrier settings > disable carrier logo.

Few carrier logos here :-
    1. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1218876&highlight=vodafone

2.http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23639374&postcount=1551

how to for batch processing your numbers of contact
    - In Gmail website, export all your contacts in a CSV file (contact page / button more)
    - Download it, and save a backup copy (really important, because if you miss something, you can loose some/all contact information)
    - Open the CSV with your favorite text editor (I use Notepad++ on Win, or Geany on Linux), and use the Edition/Replace_all function to correct your numbers. For France in example, phone numbers start with 0x (mobile phone numbers are mostly 06). Regional code is +33. We then need to replace ",0" with ",+33" (, and + signs are important). Be carrefull with other field such as zipcode etc...
    - Returning in Gmail website, import the modded CSV.
    Then have a look to your contacts, there will be duplicates with modded numbers, it everything is ok then:
    - if you want to keep local and internationnal number, then use the function "Find & merge duplicates"
    - if you want to keep only internationnal numbers (should be good for everyone and every rom), delete or your contacts and import the modded CSV again.

HOW TO SOLVE VIDEO CAMERA FC's???[GB ROM]

solution:-

1. backup your all photos,videos from both internal sd & ext sd.
    2. Now delete DCIM folder from both internal sd & ext sd.
    3. Reboot into recovery, clear cache data & delvik cache......now reboot.

For market freeze, here`s a workaround:

Remove all updates in settings/applications/manage applications/all/market

Open with root explorer and:

remove /system/app/vending.apk
    remove /data/data/com.android.vending
    remove /data/dalvik-cache/system@app@Vending.apk@classes.dex

reboot into recovery and flash(no need to wipe cache or dalvik cache):

http://www.mediafire.com/?clh888h78w839ei

If you have problem with SMS Center number, check here:

and get Code generator:

1.Press *#*#6484#*#* to access Factory test menu
    In this menu, you can test many thing
    2. For the black background in apps (or any issue for some apps) you have to go to setting --> management apps --> the apps where you have black background --> compatibility mode --> TURN OFF or TURN ON
    There's also a quick way to access app compatibility setting:
    - Long press Home
    - If the app is there long press app icon (email)
    - Then it brings you straight to the app compatibility setting screen, toggle the buttons
    3. Go to http://miuithemes.com/ choose which themes you like, then copy Theme.mtz to /MIUI/theme on SD Card and use Theme Manager to choose it, reboot and get a best UI
    4. Incoming Call - Delay in display of number
    Disable the "enforce proximity sensor" in the Call Settings on Program Tab of settings
    5. Press and hold "Home" button to access Recent Menu/Apps Killer/Tasks
    6. In Lock Screen
    - Press Time Display and Slide down to go Main Desktop
    - Press Call Icon and Slide down to go Dial Pad
    - Press SMS Icon and Slide down to go Message
    - Press and hold 'Home' button to active Torch
    7. Uninstall an app or game:
    - Press & Keep Icon on the Desktop, move it to Recycle Bin to Uninstall
    8. Long press on the icon in Toggles will launch the settings for that icon.
    9. Press "Menu" key and "Volume Down" key at the same time to print a screen.
    The printed image is saved in the directory of MIUI in the sd card.
    10. Slide from left to right to quickly delete a message or a call log.
    11. You may hold down an icon by one hand to enter Edit Mode, and then use the other hand to slide the screen to move the icon to the target screen.
    12. Double tap the time zone to launch the Music Player when the screen is locked.
    13. Click the contact image in Calls, SMS and Contacts, shortcut menus will pop up.
    14. The battery will display the percentage of left battery capacity by Settings>System>Battery>Notification Indicator Style>Percentage.
    15. How to set IP dialing?
    MIUI ROM can add an IP prefix for the called number in a strange land. You may set it in Settings>Common>Calls.
    You may also long press the contact item before dialing, and choose “Make IP calls” in the pop-up menu.
    16. When you are not available to answer the phone, you may slide up the panel to reject the call and to send a message to the caller at the same time.
    17. How to set custom ringtones?
    Put media files into the Media/Audio/ringtones directory in the SD card, (If there is none of this directory, please create one manually) and then select in Sounds in Settings.
    Note: there are three directories under Audio, corresponding to the following tones:
    notifications--notification ringtones
    ringtones--incoming call ringtones
    alarms--alarming ringtones
    Supported formats: MP3, WMA, WAV, Midi, etc.
    18. How to quickly delete items?
    You may slide from left to right on the item and click on the red "Delete" button when it appears.
    19. How can I share my network to the PC or other terminals?
    Firmware of Android 2.2 and above support the sharing of mobile phones to other Internet terminal in the following method:
    Go to "Settings" -> "System" -> "Share mobile network", you may choose to share the Internet connection by USB tethering or setting up portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
    20.How to copy files from the computer to the phone? First connect your phone to your computer via data cable, pull down the notification panel from the top of the phone, click “USB connected”, and then click "Turn on USB storage”.
    After copying, do not forget to select the option of “Turn off USB storage”, otherwise "File Manager” in the phone will not be able to find the sd card, as it is being occupied by the computer.
    21.Now I have a lot of apps, how to put them in order?
    Long press an app icon and then you may move it freely. When it is moved to the screen border, the screen will automatically switch to the next screen.
    22.How to add a screen?
    Use two fingers to pinch on the desktop to enter screen thumbnail mode. Then you may add or delete screens.
    23. How to delete an app?
    Long press the app icon you want to delete, drag it on top of the trash box and click OK to delete it.
    24. Adding widgets on the desktop: press the Menu button on the desktop, select "Edit Mode", and then click the icon on the upper right corner to access the interface of “Add Widgets”. Choose your favorite widget on the top, and then drag it to the screen below.
    25. Using folders to manage desktop apps: in the interface of “Add Widgets”, drag [Folder] to the desktop. You may drag multiple apps into folders to classify them. After opening the folder, you may click the edit icon in the upper left corner to rename the folder.
    26. Using toggles panel to improve efficiency: drag the notification panel down from the top, click "Toggles" to go to the toggles panel (It goes to the toggles panel in default of notice.) On the panel are listed the most commonly used toggles, you may click to quickly enable or disable a toggle. Long press on the icon will launch the settings for that icon.
    27. Guest mode: enable the “Guest Mode” toggle in the panel, and your calls and text messages logs will be hidden, and all installed applications cannot be removed. You may have a try when you need to show your phone to guests or children.
    28. Importing contacts or binding accounts: you may use some apps to import a batch of contacts, or bind Google account directly in "Settings"> "Personal"> "Accounts & Sync Settings" to sync contacts at any time.
    29. How to copy files from the computer without using the data cable? In case of a wifi connection, enter “File Manager” on the desktop, select the tab of "Remote Administration" to start the service, and then you will get an address. Enter the given address on the computer, then you may copy files without using a data cable!
    30. How to enable app drawer from MIUI control app??
    Go to MIUI Control Panel:
    1. Go to "App drawer Options"
    2. Select your pull down Location preference
    3. Click "Auto Start" to "On"
    4. Enable it, press back key button ( Do not close app from task killer )
    5. Go to any screen and click ~just below~ (aprox 1mm) the statusbar at your chosen location and hold until a new pulldown appears