Screen protectors

Search This thread

Akiainavas

Mar 26, 2012
Basingstoke
I heard that sony applies screen protectors to their phones. Does anyone know if the xperia Z will ship with a pre-applied front and back protector?

If so, what would be the need to put on a third party screen protector?

I pre-ordered from handtech.uk to New York ... well lets hoping it will have the protectors already on by Sony.

It's been said before. Sony applies anti-shatter film on both front and back of Xperia Z. It helps the device survive fall damage ( look up youtube videos, it really does work ) but it's not scratch-proof, so Sony bundles another screen-protector which you can apply on top of anti-shatter film to prevent scratches to the film itself. You can apply it on top of anti-shatter film without worsening screen quality or responsiveness.

Now, you can remove the anti-shatter film pretty easily, and the glass beneath it is as scratch resistant as Gorilla Glass 2 etc. ( tested by Erica ) and it is still shatter resistant because the glass is tempered, but the film applied by Sony strenghtens the device so ideally it shouldn't be removed.

Aka91

Jan 3, 2013
New Delhi
I heard that sony applies screen protectors to their phones. Does anyone know if the xperia Z will ship with a pre-applied front and back protector?

If so, what would be the need to put on a third party screen protector?

I pre-ordered from handtech.uk to New York ... well lets hoping it will have the protectors already on by Sony.

i have prordered too
and as the rumour has it , the phone comes with a screen protector
anyways i have ordered one from ebay!
XtremeGuard
it is cheap and reviews are good !
:good: :laugh:

djq

Dec 10, 2012
www.websitemarketing.co
this is probably the screen protector i will e getting they are so nice

41eza3CigXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

SPIGEN SGP Sony Xperia Z Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Crystal Dual] Clear Front and Back Screen Protector

orenxda

Dec 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Any body can comment on quality of this SP.

Does it have Anti-Fingerprint property ?

No.
Their matte "Ultra Fine" and "Ultra Optics" series do have but are not yet available for Z: anti-fingerprint/anti-glare.
This "Ultra Crystal" they propose is just the most clear and anti scratch version, and fingerprints and smudge can be easily wiped off comparing to glass. +more glare. A bit double use with the installed Sony SP, get an SP to protect the SP :)

Also remark this is a dual protection set, so you'll get a front AND back protection.
High quality, and easiest bubble free installation I ever had.

daniel689

May 18, 2010
Oldenburg
I put the atFolix foil on my XZ and its very nice, like its nothing on it.
And its a very good protection cause the foil is thicker then others.

toxicdrift

Jan 22, 2011
ordered a Clarivue - hoping itll be better then the stock sony one, i screwed up a bit while applying the stock one, so hoping the replacement is a good bet, im guessing most of you guys r using the guards with the original still on the device, and these as the second to protect the original? :silly:

Top Liked Posts