[Theme] Encom/Legacy 4|9|2010

Search This thread

cracksmurf

Jan 16, 2009
Los Angeles
I am currently working on two themes to commemorate the Tron Legacy movie coming out in December: "Encom" and "Tron Legacy". Progress is slowly and regularly being made, and themed components are finally starting to roll out for testing. If your up to it please download the latest release files and let me know what you think, or let me know any problems you run into.

ENCOM:

Boot.jpgEncom-Home.jpg

Code:
3|26|2010: Initial concept put together.
3|30|2010: Design for launcher completed; Morph soon to follow.
4|09|2010: Finished Launcher

Download:
Tron Encom Advanced Launcher ANY Rom (advanced launcher app auto installs if not there)
[URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5702285/tron-encom-AdvancedLauncher.zip"]Download[/URL]

Boot image influenced by Encom member badges. I want to put out a thanks to Euchre for setting me on the right path for the new launcher bar.

TRON LEGACY:
Tron-Legacy-Boot.jpgLegacy-Home.jpg

Code:
3|26|2010: Initial concept put together.
3|29|2010: Trial morph of launcher built. [URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5702285/tron-legacy.zip"]Here[/URL]
3|30|2010: Two versions of status bar created for review.
3|31|2010: Minor updates for a more complete metamorph of current progress.

Download:
Tron Legacy CM 4.2.15.1 (for standard launcher app)
[URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5702285/tron-legacy_v.2.zip"]Download[/URL]

Tron Legacy Advanced 4.2.15.1 (for advanced launcher app*auto install if not there)
[URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5702285/tron-legacy-advanced_v.2.zip"]Download[/URL]

Known Issues:
Launcher tray background needs to be black. Must figure out how to change.
Image deviance on launcher graphics between normal state, and delete states.
Clock/Date still in black font. Must figure out how to change to white.

I am really liking how this one is coming together. The launcher bar matches with the wallpaper so well, and what I have done as far as the status bar has promise too.

So lemme know your opinions and recommendations, and I will do my best to make some quality theme for all of us. Just keep in mind this is my first attempt at theming (though I have done a lil bit of graphic work in the past).

Also, here are the wallpapers I am including with the themes. Encom's has been cropped from the remote access to Hardington's desktop. Legacy's was taken from a movie poster. (One with text added, and one without)

View attachment 299495
Legacy(Logo)-Wallpaper.jpg
Legacy-Wallpaper.jpg

*Wallpaper and Encom trademark is property of its respective owners (Disney and 42 Entertainment) with editing and modification by me.*
*Remember to always do a nandroid backup before any major changes*

Attachments

• status.jpg
    status.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 1,069
Last edited:

cracksmurf

Jan 16, 2009
Los Angeles
Each theme is currently showing the photoshop mockup of my homescreen. Much more work is required before this hits my actual phone.

AnderWeb

Jan 27, 2010
Damn yeah, i'd love to see how far this get.
Mya adw.one theme started as "tron theme" in my mind... but it ended in a very different concept... so if you manage to get the tron feeling, i'll definately be using/supporting it.
If i can be of any help, just pm me or tweet me!

cracksmurf

Jan 16, 2009
Los Angeles
Thanks for the offers. Once I get more into the technical part of making the theme I'll keep you all in mind. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up most of the knowledge I need from the forums, and other tutorials around, but it is always nice having some friendly backup.

cracksmurf

Jan 16, 2009
Los Angeles
Put up a test of the launcher for metamorph. Eventually want to do this for advanced launcher since this is what I use normally, but I was running into some issues with signing. For some reason my computer is giving me trouble with this. But that is a hurdle for another day.

Remaining issues:
Need to figure out what file to modify in order to change the launcher tray background to match the black launcher.
In normal state the middle bottom bar is hidden, but all other states is visible? Lost on this one. Exact same file, just different colors. It appears that the normal state is stretching just taller than the others as well. (this is visible since the bars are taller on this state)

Anyways, let me know what you think.

Last edited:

cracksmurf

Jan 16, 2009
Los Angeles
Two versions of the status bar are available in the original post. A two-tone black bar, and a grid bar to match the wallpaper.

status.jpg

I'm having a tough fight over the choice of these. The two-tone is nice and simplistic, but the grid just looks cool.

Issues: Clock/Date still in black font. Must figure out how to change.

cracksmurf

Jan 16, 2009
Los Angeles
Tron Legacy:
I have just posted updated metamorph files in the main post. This update merges the status bar, launcher, and wallpapers into one morph.

You have the option to choose between stock launcher, and advanced launcher. If advanced launcher is not found it will be automatically installed for you.

There are still some minor tweaks I want to do for these files to clean things up, but I consider this release to be the first step towards a usable theme. Give her a spin, and let me know what you think.

orinoko

Dec 19, 2008
Just wondering...

Im using the CaNNoN Eclair 2.1 rom for the htc magic, however after applying this theme using MetaMorph, I just get fc's after rebooting from MetaMorph.

Am I missing something? lol. Maybe this isn't for 2.1 just yet...?

cracksmurf

Jan 16, 2009
Los Angeles
This appears to be an oversight by me. Appologize for this. This is my first theme, and didn't realize what specific parts would make a theme be usable by only one rom build. I am building this rom based on my G1's CM 4.2.15.1. Once I have a complete rom built I will look into seeing what I have to do to port this for other roms.

orinoko

Dec 19, 2008
This appears to be an oversight by me. Appologize for this. This is my first theme, and didn't realize what specific parts would make a theme be usable by only one rom build. I am building this rom based on my G1's CM 4.2.15.1. Once I have a complete rom built I will look into seeing what I have to do to port this for other roms.

Ah! No worries. I thought I missed a step somewhere! haha...

Android001

Apr 8, 2010
sorry for nooby question.. im a noob!
but does my hero need to be rooted to install this theme?
and does CM 4.2.15.1 mean Cyanogen Mod?

cracksmurf

Jan 16, 2009
Los Angeles
sorry for nooby question.. im a noob!
but does my hero need to be rooted to install this theme?
and does CM 4.2.15.1 mean Cyanogen Mod?

Yes, and Yes. You need root to use custom roms such as cyanogen mod, as well as to run apps like metamorph.

On a side note, I am half tempted to break the files back up into individual morphs. That way the parts that aren't locked into an individual rom can be used by anyone. *at least until I can get a full theme created. I'm really not worried about whether people use my whole theme, or just parts of it to their liking. Might as well make things easier on people. I've been real busy with school lately, coming up on finals so haven't had the chance to do much with the theme. Hope to get back to working on it soon.

cracksmurf

Jan 16, 2009
Los Angeles
Alright I finally did some more work on this. Finished the Encom Launcher, and upped for your use. Came out real clean and professional looking. Let me know what you think. Have a Link in main post.

Will be posting the regular launcher for Encom soon.

Figured out a few more things about how the launcher files work and didn't run into the problems I ran into with the Legacy launcher. Because of this I am going to be going back and fixing those issues on the Legacy launcher next so I can check that off the list.

eessel

Apr 2, 2009
Little Rock, AR
Alright I finally did some more work on this. Finished the Encom Launcher, and upped for your use. Came out real clean and professional looking. Let me know what you think. Have a Link in main post.

Will be posting the regular launcher for Encom soon.

Figured out a few more things about how the launcher files work and didn't run into the problems I ran into with the Legacy launcher. Because of this I am going to be going back and fixing those issues on the Legacy launcher next so I can check that off the list.
good job with this. I sent you a pm the other day. check it out.