[FIX] nVidia Tegra 3 Power Management version 0.2 [15.04.2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mike1986.

Most likely HTC will fix this in upcoming RUU, but still some users might want to have it as fast as possible. Due to many problems about "how to fix that myself?" I made 2 cwm recovery flashable packages:

1. Stock NvCPLSvc.apk moved from system/bin to system/app
2. Re-signed NvCPLSvc.apk moved from system/bin to system/app

If you have problems with version nr 1 - flash version nr 2.

Download:

nVidia_T3_Fix_v.0.2_re-signed.zip

Changelog:

0.1 - initial release
0.2 - removed the shared uid from AndroidManifest (Thanks to theintelligent for great idea!)

Last edited:

Pointlol

Dec 24, 2011
Thanks for putting this out there for the people that didn't know/want to do it manually.

I've already manually done this and my question: is there any proof whatsoever besides "user experiences" (placebo is strong) that it actually improves battery life?

Don't get me wrong, not discrediting anything you've done, appreciate it all. Just want to see objective results rather than it may improve battery life.

Thanks for all your work again.

gapper100

May 11, 2009
Middelburg
Only if for some reason that service is not running in the background for you.

Hate to be this guy, Mike, but for some reason it still won't work...

I've tried both packages, twice (I just flashed them through CWM 5.8.2.7, didn't wipe /cache or Dalvik, I assume this is done by the script), rebooted, checked both /data/dalvik-cache (system@app@NvCPLSvc.apk@classes.dex isn't there) and "Running Applications", and couldn't find it working. I tried rebooting again, but no dice.

I'm lost! Any other ideas?

mike1986.

I've tried both packages, twice (I just flashed them through CWM 5.8.2.7, didn't wipe /cache or Dalvik, I assume this is done by the script), rebooted, checked both /data/dalvik-cache (system@app@NvCPLSvc.apk@classes.dex isn't there) and "Running Applications", and couldn't find it working. I tried rebooting again, but no dice.

Sorry, no idea for now.

Reactions: gapper100

faizalmzain

Feb 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

same here

fetto666

Dec 17, 2011
Thanks!

This made it much simpler than re-flashing the whole phone or messing with scripts or commands :)

vegasphinx

Same here....I'm on stock 1.26.707.4. Out of curiousity I clicked the apk tried to install it and of course it won't installed. Then I looked into logcat and saw these :

D/PackageManager( 274): Failed to generate PackageInfo, PackageSettings is null! pkg:com.nvidia.NvCPLSvc, flag:8192
W/ActivityManager( 274): No content provider found for permission revoke: file:///mnt/sdcard/MxBrowser/Downloads/NvCPLSvc.apk
W/ActivityManager( 274): No content provider found for permission revoke: file:///mnt/sdcard/MxBrowser/Downloads/NvCPLSvc.apk
E/PackageManager( 274): Package com.nvidia.NvCPLSvc has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!
W/PackageManager( 274): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.nvidia.NvCPLSvc-1.apk
I/InstallAppProgress(23321): Finished installing com.nvidia.NvCPLSvc

Maybe that can help?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Most likely HTC will fix this in upcoming RUU, but still some users might want to have it as fast as possible. Due to many problems about "how to fix that myself?" I made 2 cwm recovery flashable packages:

1. Stock NvCPLSvc.apk moved from system/bin to system/app
    2. Re-signed NvCPLSvc.apk moved from system/bin to system/app

If you have problems with version nr 1 - flash version nr 2.

Download:

nVidia_T3_Fix_v.0.2_re-signed.zip

Changelog:

0.1 - initial release
    0.2 - removed the shared uid from AndroidManifest (Thanks to theintelligent for great idea!)
    Is this the mod that you have integrated in Android Revolution HD 1.2.2 ?

Yes.

10chars.
    How to check if it is working properly?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

You go to settings->applications and look under "opened" (dont know what it should say in english, the third)
    You should see NvCPL Service if it is working properly
    hey guys check 0.2 it's now working perfectly. I removed shared uid due to theintelligent suggestions! Works great :)
    It wasn't even fixed it was proved it did nothing, a mod needs to close this.