screen protection

Search This thread

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
I found the screen protection glass to be very weak.a little pressure on the glass touches the display. Is that the case with every phone?

Peter P.S.

Jan 21, 2014
I find the touch a bit awkward too, but I guess its the pvc screen protector that Sony puts on it.. feels kinda "soft" when I touch the screen.

And I can see the LCD suffering the pressure, even with a not so strong pressure...

Wasn't that glass supposed to be Dragontail?

I really can't understand why Sony doesn't provide clear information about this. Here in Brazil Sony Support doesn't even know that ZL already comes with a screen protector [shatter protection actually]. And that thing is just so cheap its not even scratch resistant.. so you either have to use 2 films, or remove the original one, risking to void Warranty.

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
If anything, ive been very impressed with the durability of the screen on this phone. I have dropped it face down NUMEROUS times. At the very least 7 - 8 times. And its held up like a champ. I have a screen protector on top of Sony's pre-fab'd one, and it looks and feels just fine. Only issue is the viewing angles. But thats to be expected with a TFT lcd regardless of protectors.

Also mine doesn't feel awkward to touch. The way you describe it, it's as if you have an air gap between the glass and touch panel. I don't seem to have that at all. Its as if the image is pasted to the back of the glass, the way its supposed to. I do have a gap between the back panel and battery. And if I push against the back panel, I can feel it depress and make contact with the battery. But no physical display related issues... so far anyway.

What model do you all have? I see alkesh has a c502. Mine is a C506. Wondering if maybe there is a build quality difference among different models??

alkesh95

Mar 22, 2012
Mumbai
I think bhavstech also have c6502 cause he is from.india

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes same problem here

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app