[Q] How to Unroot Note 3 SM-N900?

Search This thread

roni2915

Sep 25, 2011
Brampton, ON
Hello,

1) How do I unroot my Note 3 SM-N900 model.
2) I know my warranty is void as I rooted the phone, but was just wondering if theres any way I could unroot and reset knox counter as well. I highly doubt this is possible but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks..

muhtesem insan

Jan 11, 2012
Istanbul
Hello,

1) How do I unroot my Note 3 SM-N900 model.
2) I know my warranty is void as I rooted the phone, but was just wondering if theres any way I could unroot and reset knox counter as well. I highly doubt this is possible but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks..

1) There's an option on supersu for unroot, I've never tried it but if it doesn't work you could always flash a stock rom with odin.
2) There isn't yet. It's doubtful that there'll be a method to fix it but we can't know for sure. (In Chainfire we trust :D)

captainhakan

Oct 24, 2008
1) There's an option on supersu for unroot, I've never tried it but if it doesn't work you could always flash a stock rom with odin.
2) There isn't yet. It's doubtful that there'll be a method to fix it but we can't know for sure. (In Chainfire we trust :D)

Chainfire mentioned himself that knox counter issue is hard to solve as it's integrated in android system as layer and there might not be a chance in future that knox issue can be solved. But still I had to root my device cause what's the use of an android device anyway if there's no freedom to root??? I think device manufacturers themselves should rather put an option at first boot to allow us to root our devices at first place instead of making things harder!!!

SM-N9000Q cihazımdan Tapatalk 4 ile gönderildi

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
Too many cases of idiots rooting these days. They grab one of those toolkits and use it to root without really bothering to take the time to understand what they are actually doing or what the risks are. Next thing they bricked it and they send it back to claim warranty. Either that or they succeed and do something dumb like over clocking until it starts smoking then claim warranty.

Of course there are plenty of competent modders out there too but there must be enough abortions going on that Samsung need to do something about it. They aren't actually stopping us from rooting mind, they are only safeguarding against fraudulent claims on warranty after it goes wrong.

Sent from my SM-N9005

Reactions: gorealmighty

roni2915

Sep 25, 2011
Brampton, ON

Can anyone confirm if option 1 is working?
Also, can I modify SM-N900 to work on AWS network (Wind Mobile/Mobilicity). I am thinking of selling this phone and getting the snapdragon version. and I have a buyer who wants to work the phone on wind.

tgyberg

Feb 20, 2011
Mpls, MN
Too many cases of idiots rooting these days. They grab one of those toolkits and use it to root without really bothering to take the time to understand what they are actually doing or what the risks are. Next thing they bricked it and they send it back to claim warranty. Either that or they succeed and do something dumb like over clocking until it starts smoking then claim warranty.

Of course there are plenty of competent modders out there too but there must be enough abortions going on that Samsung need to do something about it. They aren't actually stopping us from rooting mind, they are only safeguarding against fraudulent claims on warranty after it goes wrong.

Sent from my SM-N9005

I'm thinkin you are right. I have a buddy that works for one of the manufactures and they have a whole department dedicated to "returns". And return numbers are much much higher than they want them to be. So anything that will bring those numbers down at all, they will do!

p1r4t3

Oct 27, 2013
Auckland
I would also like to know if it is possible to unroot and reset knox on the n900.

As for the warranty goes, I think that if you bring the device back because the usb port or ear phone jack or the home button fails, this should be repaired regardless if you rooted your phone.
Can you overclock your home button? What about the power button and vol up?

Lol.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: h2s

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
There are rooting methods without tripping Knox and in those cases removing root will bring phone back to original 100%, so to speak. However once tripped, I'm not aware of any way to undo Knox flag. The method above does not mention anything about Knox and I'm 90% sure it does not remove Knox flag, it just removes the root using Chainfire method.
However, rooted phone shows up as custom right away in about menu and it's easy to see, where Knox flag only shows up in download menu and it's more involved to find, therefore the chances are, unless it is Samsung service, they may not look or even care about Knox flag as long as it doesn't show custom/rooted, especially that Knox is only Samsung thing.
I agree 100% "genius" customers are the reason for all the blocks and lockdowns on our phones. I just read some thread about some Einstein calling customer care asking them for help in rooting the phone, I'm kidding you not and he went on and on how useless the service department is when they tried to explain that they not support custom programing etc.

gorealmighty

Sep 22, 2010
Raleigh
Chainfire mentioned himself that knox counter issue is hard to solve as it's integrated in android system as layer and there might not be a chance in future that knox issue can be solved. But still I had to root my device cause what's the use of an android device anyway if there's no freedom to root??? I think device manufacturers themselves should rather put an option at first boot to allow us to root our devices at first place instead of making things harder!!!

SM-N9000Q cihazımdan Tapatalk 4 ile gönderildi

I agree that manufacturers should allow for root access, however carriers would lose their minds. It (and im basing this on the sweat of others) appears that doing a hotspot that doesn't eat the data allowed by the carrier is super easy once root access is granted. But to the point, I agree that ROOT should be given as an option OTB.

CHEERS!

Sand Nil

Apr 1, 2014
UNROOT GALAXY Note 3 (SM N 900)

I bought Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in USA. And the device is an unlocked to use in every operators in North, Central, South America and Caribbean. Actually I bought the phone to use in Sri Lanka, since it was not compatible in Sri Lanka I found a guy who unlock it. To be honest I didn't know that he was going to root my phone until I tried to update my phone. It says " The device has been modified..no updates are available" That guy has rooted the device in superSU.
But I want to unroot my phone to the factory status. And I tried my self to completely unroot in the setting of superSU. And I did it..but there were no any changes in the status of my phone "CUSTOM" And I uninstalled the superUS. When I install it again through Play Store, it says "There is no US binary installed.And Super US by cannot be installed"
So please tell me how to unroot my phone to the original status to update it. Because I tried to find the firmwares, the safest and easiest way of unrooting. But I could not find it as I do not know what's is my Region code and other related details. Can anyone tell me how to do it or can you send any links to download them please ? Attached photograph will show some details of my device details of firmware. If possible inbox me sandnil2014@gmail.com or post on this page..Thank you so much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-03-18-02-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-03-18-02-55.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 259
  • Screenshot_2014-04-05-09-56-28.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-09-56-28.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 268
  • Screenshot_2014-04-05-09-56-41.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-09-56-41.png
    131.5 KB · Views: 251
  • Screenshot_2014-04-05-09-56-35.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-09-56-35.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 232

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my SM-N9005
    I would also like to know if it is possible to unroot and reset knox on the n900.

As for the warranty goes, I think that if you bring the device back because the usb port or ear phone jack or the home button fails, this should be repaired regardless if you rooted your phone.
    Can you overclock your home button? What about the power button and vol up?

Lol.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    does this work

Hello guys , just came across this link while surfing the net, it claims to restore warranty of rooted phone SM N 900. Please look at this. has anyone tried? please post results

http://theunlockr.com/2013/10/13/how-to-unroot-the-samsung-galaxy-note-3/