[ROM][AOSP][KK][cfX-Toolchain LLVM Clang 3.5] LG Nexus 4 codefireX Nightlies

Search This thread

Connor Baker

May 9, 2012
@Connor Baker
Bad news! Can I use your compiled eos rom? Where I can find more info about it for mako?

There's no thread yet, but release is nearing. As always, my builds are untested, and I take no responsibility for anything that happens after flashing them. Should be no issue with it at the moment though, I haven't had a chance to flash it. Spring break starts tomorrow for me, so I'll report back later.

Connor Baker

rajputrajat

Nov 25, 2010
Ghaziabad
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 5
There's no thread yet, but release is nearing. As always, my builds are untested, and I take no responsibility for anything that happens after flashing them. Should be no issue with it at the moment though, I haven't had a chance to flash it. Spring break starts tomorrow for me, so I'll report back later.

Connor Baker

Somehow, I am very happy that TeamEOS is coming back.

:victory:

waiting for jankins to be alive again

Last edited:

brandub

Jul 21, 2012
Sad to hear cfxe has dissolved but everything was moving pretty slow since eos joined. Not blaming either party just seems like the 2 teams didn't integrate well so maybe this is a good thing for everyone.

Looking forward to seeing upcoming roms from both teams, best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: perezagua8

ruzkay

Sep 4, 2010
thanks for developing for us until recently in my opinion it was the best rom my phone feels even faster than all of the new flagships and still not a single scratch on the display

ajf64

May 7, 2011
Sad to hear cfxe has dissolved but everything was moving pretty slow since eos joined. Not blaming either party just seems like the 2 teams didn't integrate well so maybe this is a good thing for everyone.

Looking forward to seeing upcoming roms from both teams, best of luck to everyone!

lol people really shouldn't speculate or talk when they have no clue what they are talking about

brandub

Jul 21, 2012
@ajf64 What you said doesn't make sense to what I posted one of your team members said "cfx has dissolved but both teams will return with more roms" . What did I infer incorrectly from that?

All I meant was too bad things didn't work out. No need to be rude. You all worked hard to build great roms, you put a lot of time into the website and forums but the rom development was still slow no matter how good it was. It slowed down once the two teams joined. That's just the way it was,I don't know what happened with synergy but I could still tell the teams didn't work well together and that's expected when people start working together in any field. it takes a while to learn to work together that's not a bad thing.

You took what I said the wrong way, let me try again "it sucks that cfxe didn't work out, wish the best for both teams and all involved good luck and thanks for all the great roms and work from everyone". ajf64 as a member of a dev team you might want to reconsider how you speak to your flock. If I'm misinformed about your inner circle drama then maybe it's because your inner circle isn't saying much to everyone else. Feel free to blog about it instead of being smug

Last edited:

rajputrajat

Nov 25, 2010
Ghaziabad
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 5
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pre_1390702648__cfxsig1.png

CodefireX 4.4.3.2.1.000.000 Open Master

CodefireX.com

pre_1391201081__hamag.png

This well established Android distribution treats development differently than any other to further our Android platform as a whole. This is the fastest source built ROM you will find on this forum, and also the only one to utilize our unique build system and a custom LLVM 3.5 suite based toolchain globally.
    Here is our very well supported Issue Tracker.
    pre_1391201054__9l5fz.png

We utilize a plethora of unique optimizations in a build system unlike any other:

Utilizing the LLVM CLANG CI globally, working heavily with upstreams with a goal of furthering our entire Android platform.
    Consistently updated upstream toolchain module source with our custom backports, fixes, and optimizations applied in a patch at build time.
    Fully built utilizing Link Time Optimization and Polly optimizations (another custom ROM first). Feel free to google these a bit.
    Much of our source have code fixes, cleanups, and many minor optimizations to set us even further ahead of the community. These are too generous to even speak of here.
    Optimizations are toggled on and off based on device for the best experience we can achieve for your device without sacrificing stability
    Many Qcom optimizations and AOSP master (upstream) optimizations and fixes using device specifications to determine usage.
    Fully built utilizing strict aliasing and isognu++11 mode.
    Utilizing all O4 optimizations (Optimization Level 4) including LTO (with binutils plugins), and additionally LLVM Polly.

Of course we also have several neat UI features, including but not limited to:

T-Mobile Theme Engine.
    DPI Wizard (no junk like build.prop tweaks).
    Quick Settings panel customizations.
    Live network stats in your statusbar.
    Button backlight customizations.
    Hardware button customizations.
    Volume button customizations.
    Many more being added during the nightly builds.

NOTE: Only "AnyKernel" flashable kernel zips are supported.

pre_1391201067__d92id.png

Mako Download & Support thread

pre_1391201095__lpnqc.png

Our thanks go out to all the open source developers who made our work possible.
    Below is an ever-incomplete list of some of the 'indirect' contributors to our ROMs:

The Android Open Source Project
    LLVM CI
    Linux Foundation
    Code Aurora Forum
    CyanogenMod Inc.
    Chainfire
    Many more!

codefireX, a ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    synergye, bigrushdog, jrior001, anders3408, RaymanFX, ajf64, rlasalle15, Roach,Connor Baker
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP + Win!

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Nightlies
    Hello developers,
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is 'Open Master' , is it different than AOSP sources...?

Open Master is the latest AOSP sources. So where as nearly all ROMs sources are based off of a release version (4.4.2, for example), Open Master is the latest code (4.4.3.2.1.000.000). Open Master code is a WIP, and contains many optimizations/fixes not found in the release code.

Connor Baker
    Here is another kernel boot.img. It is just the stock cfx kernel except with faux123 gamma calibration patches added. You can use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamkang.fauxdisplay to configure it.
    no activity on git either... ?

See above.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Wow that's a bummer..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

It is. However, most of the old CFX team has formed a new group, for which I will be maintaining the Nexus 4. And there might be a new version of CFX as well. So, be on the lookout for a release from TeamEOS.

Connor Baker
    Any new features merge in latest build? The change log in cfx website doesn't change. Is it still the same?

There's now an integrated changelog: http://codefirex.com/topic/138-new-live-change-log/

@Connor Baker I assume you had a look at the source of Velocity Project from ctfrommn !! Could you tell me how different is this project in comparison to CFX let alone the rocket science technology you guys use for development !! Well in short I want to know is your project completely based on the OMP branch or is it something like cherrypicking tons of commits from Open Master like done by ctfrommn in Velocity !! Currently running Velocity and its crazy fast without any significant bugs and a dd for me !! But now Ill like to test the CodeFireX and pit that up against Velocity !!

Sounds silly but should I flash the ROM through TWRP only or will CWM do .And also bugs being worked on by the team.

Project Velocity looks to consist of cherry-picks from master, while CFX is based on Open Master. CFX's build system and platform are way more optimized than a lot of the other ROMs out there. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to update or tweak the stock Mako kernel that CFX uses, so I'd recommend flashing a custom kernel. The few bugs that we do have are being squashed with extreme prejudice. Also, flash through whatever recovery you want. If you do see radio/wifi issues on a clean flash with no modifications, then try switching to TWRP. There aren't any bugs affecting the Mako right now that I can think of.

Connor Baker