Newest cellular radio 1.08.01.0111 (02/03/2012), touchscreen firmware flashable zip

Search This thread

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
I am not talking about flashing zip files from my phone. I was talking about using the fastboot binary that I have downloaded in "~/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools/" folder on my laptop to flash the files to my phone which is connected to the laptop through usb and is in fastboot mode. I am not modifying zip files to flash them from the phone.

I was just wondering:
A.) Is it possible to do using the "fastboot flash <partition> [ <filename> ]" command from the terminal on my computer? I have flashed radios using this command in the past and that is why I thought that it might work.

B.) Will doing so bypass the software compatibility check that the PG06IMG.zip method uses?

The reason I am wondering is because I am interested in how fastboot interacts with the bootloader. Sorry for any confusion.
No, it is not possible. AFAIK

Reactions: androiddummy

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Worked just fine on my card with a sd-ext...

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Mine as well. I think the sdcards get corrupted or something. I know flashing cwm touch recovery has nothing to with these radio's, but I had to repartition my sdcard to get it to work, and when I repartitioned I did add a ext partition.

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Mine as well. I think the sdcards get corrupted or something. I know flashing cwm touch recovery has nothing to with these radio's, but I had to repartition my sdcard to get it to work, and when I repartitioned I did add a ext partition.

ya, i totally forgot to report back.. but my Fat32/EXT4/SWAP partitioned card flashed the radio/touchscreen firmware w/o issue :p

BTW, As I have already switched my storage and backup drives... as soon as android gets a PUBLIC (oh, and free... or cheap) EXFAT capability, Fat32 will be gone so fast its head will spin, wait... FLASH not HDD :p...

StAlphonso

Jun 21, 2010
Staten Island, NY
Is it normal that it bypassed 1 and 3? either way touch screen is significantly improved (and I thought it was pretty good to begin with) and I seem to be getting at least slightly better service in my apartment, which is great cause its been spotty the last couple of months...thanks so much for this!

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 7T
I've noticed my GPS is having difficulties locking now until I restart the phone. I used faster fix and GPS tools to recalibrate and reset my GPS but nothing works unless I reboot the phone. Is this related to this update you think?

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Thanks Vic, just updated. Everything seems to be working great. 3G is definately faster, and the touchscreen response is noiticebly better.

stslivealoha

Jun 26, 2010
Hawaii
another noob question. My evo shift is with a local carrier in Hawaii (MobiPCS). Not sprint... I had to take it to a local shop to have it "fixed" so it would work with Mobi. Will flashing the radio have any impact on this?

drob311

another noob question. My evo shift is with a local carrier in Hawaii (MobiPCS). Not sprint... I had to take it to a local shop to have it "fixed" so it would work with Mobi. Will flashing the radio have any impact on this?

Call the local carrier that "fixed" it... Don't flash until you know for sure...

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 7T
There's a thread somewhere in here that shows how to get mms and data working on cricket. When you hook up cdma workshop, read the data from your phone. Save the configuration file. Flash the update. Restore the configuration file.

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
Is it normal that it bypassed 1 and 3? either way touch screen is significantly improved (and I thought it was pretty good to begin with) and I seem to be getting at least slightly better service in my apartment, which is great cause its been spotty the last couple of months...thanks so much for this!

Yes this is normal. Enjoy!

I've noticed my GPS is having difficulties locking now until I restart the phone. I used faster fix and GPS tools to recalibrate and reset my GPS but nothing works unless I reboot the phone. Is this related to this update you think?

I did notice this too. Have you updated PRL and profile lately and/or run fix permissions? Usually how it works is on first boot GPS status takes a sec to get the first 2 satellites and then bam 6 others appear.

Once that happens you should be good until you reboot again.

Also 4G interferes with the GPS for some odd reason. My guess is wireless network "assistance".

Reactions: abadasstanker69

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 7T
Yes this is normal. Enjoy!

I did notice this too. Have you updated PRL and profile lately and/or run fix permissions? Usually how it works is on first boot GPS status takes a sec to get the first 2 satellites and then bam 6 others appear.

Once that happens you should be good until you reboot again.

Also 4G interferes with the GPS for some odd reason. My guess is wireless network "assistance".

Actually I don't think I did update my profile and prl. Thanks! You just gave me a reason to flash a sense rom! Lol

letmeputdatipin

Nov 5, 2011
Is there a way to check if I installed just the new firmware on my phone? Maybe using terminal! I can't remember if I did, LMAO!!! PAKALOLO!!!

Let Me Put My Shift In U

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts