[ROM][4.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 v0.1.1 [Beta][15.07.2013] [DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
70gr.png

Hey guys!

Here is what I have been working on; CyanogenMod 10. I didn't want to release it yet, because it has a lot of bugs, but I thought I should at least release a beta version for testers.

Yes, this is build from source, except of course the proprietary files, I made the device tree from scratch.

I think everyone knows by now what CyanogenMod looks like. So, I guess I don't need to post screenies. :)

OK, first things first:

What works

Everything except the things that are not working...

What doesn't work (Bugs)

- Sometimes, Bluetooth takes very long to turn off

How to install:

Note: You must partition your /system in order to install this!

1. Download ROM and copy it to your sdcard
2. Go to recovery
3. Wipe Factory Data Reset
4. Wipe Cache Partition
5. advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache
6. mounts and storage > format /cache, /data, /system
7. advanced > Reboot Recovery
8. install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > select the ROM to install it
9. reboot system
10. Enjoy!

Credits
Blefish for helping me along the way
forumber2 for also helping me
dzo for 3.0.8 kernel
CyanogenMod Team for refining Android
Google for making Android

Last edited:

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
So all hardware(bluetooth, wifi, sensors etc) are functional?

Yep, everything is working. But, I haven't done a lot of testing of everything. This is why I released it, so testers can have a go.

N1 m8, i will try later, some ppl say 4.1 is lightness than 4.2 keep going! :p

Yes, it is lighter, but heavier than ICS. The flashable zip makes it look heavy, but the size of the zip file is big because Google Apps are also included in the zip.

iead_20

Dec 25, 2012
Damascus
finally man i am really happy for you ,you finally finished you project (still beta stages) :highfive:

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

does the rom have gapps ?

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
finally man i am really happy for you ,you finally finished you project (still beta stages) :highfive:

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

does the rom have gapps ?

Yes, gapps are in the ROM. I have added the gapps to my device tree. So, every time I build, the gapps are copied to the ROM. :)

pl4t!n

Dec 4, 2011
Lisboa
rqmok, (see the attachmant) i don´t know the rigth name for it, can you add this new window in future update?

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 351

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
rqmok, (see the attachmant) i don´t know the rigth name for it, can you add this new window in future update?

This is from CM 10.1 (JB 4.2.2) and this release is CM 10 (JB 4.2.1), the problem is that if you change for the 4.2.2 the BT will not work due to changes in the new JB software.

iead_20

Dec 25, 2012
Damascus

this future is from android 4.2 you can't get it on android 4.1

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

This is from CM 10.1 (JB 4.2.2) and this release is CM 10 (JB 4.2.1), the problem is that if you change for the 4.2.2 the BT will not work due to changes in the new JB software.

this is android 4.1 not 4.2.1

iamwyim

Oct 24, 2011
Hi rqmok:

Having tested the initial release of your ROM, bluetooth, Wifi and 2G/3G works fine. However, the screen has occasionally corrupted and GPS cannot detect any satellite at all! Anyway, I am appreciated to your work and hope that your android 4.2 build to be rolled out soon!!;)

Cheer

William

rqmok

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne
Hi rqmok:

Having tested the initial release of your ROM, bluetooth, Wifi and 2G/3G works fine. However, the screen has occasionally corrupted and GPS cannot detect any satellite at all! Anyway, I am appreciated to your work and hope that your android 4.2 build to be rolled out soon!!;)

Cheer

William

Yes, there is a graphics driver problem. But I am trying to fix it.

GPS is working good for me. Did you do this:

Settings > Location access > GPS source > Use internal GPS

It worked for me after doing that. I have also put that on my third post on the first page. Please try it an tell me if it works.

vlc_marcos

May 16, 2011
iam going now to try your rom. tell me something, this screen problem is because od the time of the screen to, because we have the atmel, like mine and the synaptys.
can it make difference?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    70gr.png

Hey guys!

Here is what I have been working on; CyanogenMod 10. I didn't want to release it yet, because it has a lot of bugs, but I thought I should at least release a beta version for testers.

Yes, this is build from source, except of course the proprietary files, I made the device tree from scratch.

I think everyone knows by now what CyanogenMod looks like. So, I guess I don't need to post screenies. :)

OK, first things first:

What works

Everything except the things that are not working...

What doesn't work (Bugs)

- Sometimes, Bluetooth takes very long to turn off

How to install:

Note: You must partition your /system in order to install this!

1. Download ROM and copy it to your sdcard
    2. Go to recovery
    3. Wipe Factory Data Reset
    4. Wipe Cache Partition
    5. advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache
    6. mounts and storage > format /cache, /data, /system
    7. advanced > Reboot Recovery
    8. install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > select the ROM to install it
    9. reboot system
    10. Enjoy!

Credits
    Blefish for helping me along the way
    forumber2 for also helping me
    dzo for 3.0.8 kernel
    CyanogenMod Team for refining Android
    Google for making Android
    Download:

Download from sourceforge.net

Changelog:

Code:
    [B]v0.1[/B]
    Initial release

[B]v0.1 update1[/B]
    Added SmartassV2 Governor
    Fixed Graphical Glitches (UI is a bit slower now)
    Fixed GPS
    Added Torch
    Enabled Torch in Status Bar
    My phone is undergoing a great crisis. I had started developing Android 4.3 with 3.4 kernel for this phone, but my phone gave up. Sorry for letting you down guys, but I am going to buy another phone.

I thank you all for your support. Have a great life! :D
    Please everyone! Stop mistaking this ROM for Android 4.2.2! This is Android 4.1.2, and there is not much difference between ICS and this ROM. The real change came in Android 4.2.2. But, this is Android 4.1.2. If you still don't understand this then I will have to shove this information into your ears!
    I can confirm that GPS is working in my latest build. I even took a screenshot for proof :)