THE thinnest minimalistic Nexus 5 case Hands Down!!

Search This thread

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Just got mine in after waiting forever for it to get here from China.... and it's defective, of course. It's all warped by the volume rocker and looks like crap. This is a VERY cheaply made case. Even if it wasn't warped I'd probably never use it. It is super thin, which is nice, but it is among the lowest quality cases I've ever bought. Just a cheap, flimsy, POS.

Reactions: abdel12345

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Just got mine in after waiting forever for it to get here from China.... and it's defective, of course. It's all warped by the volume rocker and looks like crap. This is a VERY cheaply made case. Even if it wasn't warped I'd probably never use it. It is super thin, which is nice, but it is among the lowest quality cases I've ever bought. Just a cheap, flimsy, POS.

Wow I'm glad I didn't make the impulse buy then. Thanks for that. At least you didn't lose much but I know how you feel waiting for something and finding out it sucks and can't be used.

Sent from my white LG Nexus 5

mmmmBACON

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm going to skip my review of these cases and just go directly to my opinion of them....

PazuG1C.jpg

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Got the clear one coming at some point in the next week or so, not expecting much but for not much over £1 it was worth a punt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If your a Nexus 5 purest or naked lover and are slightly concerned going naked even though you like the feel or if you just dont like bulky cases this could be the case for you and its only 3-4 bucks.

It's .3mm thin covers all sides except the small bottom portion and has all the appropriate cutouts along with the sim cut out and is semi transparent however you can not see the Nexus logo through the black one I have (but you probably could if you had the white N5 or a colored version of the case).
    This case is probably not all that protective considering its thinness and has very small lay on the table design and it seems to only lift the rear camera lens a very tiny bit from the surface it rests on from what I can tell so all in all it will only really protect from is scratches and maybe small bumps.

As for feeling. It said it was a TPU but idk about that it doesn't feel like it it feels just like thin plastic, almost like those plastic folders from schools or offices, so it's bendable but not like standard TPU because I'm sure you could crease it if it was bent to much. The surface feels smooth but slightly rough (more smooth than rough) so it isnt as grippy as the naked nexus and can be slippery if your hands are dry. The bulk of it is almost non existent becuse it does really feel like there is nothing on the phone at all it feels the exact same size which is awesome for people that like the size of the phone and it fits pretty snug there's no give when gripping or squeezing the phone.

The only issues I would say it has is that the sides can be a little sharp (probably from the mold) and the bottom open section where your finger rests is kinda sharp too and since its not too too tight of a fit there, your finger can snag that section when you pull it away to readjust your phone. Im sure sanding can alleviate those things, but I have yet to try it. Also since its so thin the Volume and Power are pretty much flush with the cutouts for them so it can be a little hard to feel them.

Here are some pics!

*Notes
    -I have a Nilkin Tempered glass Screen protector on
    -The pictures of the case were taken with the N5
    -The pictures of the phone in the case were taken with a galaxy tab (Thats why they suck) lol But its the best I can do!
    -Purchase link http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-3mm-Ultra...d=100005&prg=1088&rk=2&rkt=4&sd=261366616351&
    I'm going to skip my review of these cases and just go directly to my opinion of them....

PazuG1C.jpg
    Haha awesome, I was on another case buying craze a week or so ago and I ordered these exact cases as well (on Jan 2nd). I'm not a TPU case fan (hardshell all the way), but when I saw .3mm I said screw it, why not? :eek: I figured it's basically a skin and not really a case. So it should still appease my "next to nothingness" criteria.

I ordered all of the colors except pink and purple (so like 7 cases :laugh:). When I get them I'll do a review with pics as well. I'll add them to your thread or start a new one depending on how long and pic heavy the post ends up being.

Cheers for the initial impressions. :good:
    Nice review but whats the point in the review if there is no purchase link?

oops but dont get snappy I forgot it sorry lol I'll update the post.
    So this one has no lip above the screen at all, rather unique for a case. One problem I have with the case lips is they interfere with gesture that use the left/right edge, like moving a shortcut between home screens. Still I would prefer to have lips on top and bottom to protect the screen when I put it upside down.