[Q] i337m no SOUND

Search This thread

tofast420

Apr 19, 2011
Brantford
hey so i just got i337m rogers phone and this is not my first time rooting and doing custom roms and stuff but this is a first for me i have been reading up trying to find a fix and have tried many things.. and nothing seems to work.. i really need help...

so i got my phone i337m rogers.. and i have SPTbox so i used that to unlock my phone everything worked good.. i lost my WiFi but that's ok i know how to fix that because it happens all the time when u unlock i337m.. with spt box.. so i know how to fix so that not my problem...

so i wanted to try some roms on my new phone so i downloaded bobcat Rom v13 and flashed it and all was good i restored all my stuff with titanium backup and then few days go by and i don't have any sound...... none at all no ringing no sound in call... so im thinking its the Rom so i tried other roms aosp and tw roms and then they all had same problem no sound after 2hrs.... 5hrs.... 1hr.... 10hr..... my sound would just randomly STOP working.... my sound would come back when i did a reboot... i need to do full reboot quick reboot would not bring sound back and then again my sound would cut out in a random amount of time...... the roms i have tried are (TW ROMS Bob Cat v13 , ViSiON-X , Hyperdrive RLS17.1 KK S4 , SHOstock-i-v8.1 , WICKED_v7) AOSP ROMS CM11 , slim rom ,) and some other that i forgot or deleted off my computer

but in all the roms my sound would cut out..... i really need a fix for this if anyone can help plz get a hold of me.... i really was get this fixed i have been trying for 3 days straight no luck i read up some stuff that it might have to do with the modem and the kerlel.. i have flashed my stock NE1 modem go it to stick and it seemed to be going good but 10hrs later no sound needed to reboot. i can not find stock i337m rogers kernel i have it in a folder but i don't no how to make folder a flashable zip file or a tar file... so maybe the modem and kernel need to match but i cant find rogers i337m rogers kernel anywhere in zip or tar file.... plz help me fix this problem

who ever dose help me fix shoot me your paypal and i can help u out for helping me out

hey so i just got i337m rogers phone and this is not my first time rooting and doing custom roms and stuff but this is a first for me i have been reading up trying to find a fix and have tried many things.. and nothing seems to work.. i really need help...

so i got my phone i337m rogers.. and i have SPTbox so i used that to unlock my phone everything worked good.. i lost my WiFi but that's ok i know how to fix that because it happens all the time when u unlock i337m.. with spt box.. so i know how to fix so that not my problem...

so i wanted to try some roms on my new phone so i downloaded bobcat Rom v13 and flashed it and all was good i restored all my stuff with titanium backup and then few days go by and i don't have any sound...... none at all no ringing no sound in call... so im thinking its the Rom so i tried other roms aosp and tw roms and then they all had same problem no sound after 2hrs.... 5hrs.... 1hr.... 10hr..... my sound would just randomly STOP working.... my sound would come back when i did a reboot... i need to do full reboot quick reboot would not bring sound back and then again my sound would cut out in a random amount of time...... the roms i have tried are (TW ROMS Bob Cat v13 , ViSiON-X , Hyperdrive RLS17.1 KK S4 , SHOstock-i-v8.1 , WICKED_v7) AOSP ROMS CM11 , slim rom ,) and some other that i forgot or deleted off my computer

but in all the roms my sound would cut out..... i really need a fix for this if anyone can help plz get a hold of me.... i really was get this fixed i have been trying for 3 days straight no luck i read up some stuff that it might have to do with the modem and the kerlel.. i have flashed my stock NE1 modem go it to stick and it seemed to be going good but 10hrs later no sound needed to reboot. i can not find stock i337m rogers kernel i have it in a folder but i don't no how to make folder a flashable zip file or a tar file... so maybe the modem and kernel need to match but i cant find rogers i337m rogers kernel anywhere in zip or tar file.... plz help me fix this problem

who ever dose help me fix shoot me your paypal and i can help u out for helping me out

Have you considered if it's a hardware issue? Intermittent issues can be hardware. It might explain why no matter the ROM you have this common audio cutout problem. I just had my phone warranty serviced because whenever I would record audio or audio and video upon playback I would get these weird audio artifacts like popping and static sounds. The tech told me they resoldered the audio pins to try and correct the problem. It is now fixed btw. (The same repair had them replace the proximity sensor too but it seems to me they actually replaced the entire main board b/c my board serial number is different. To my understanding the proximity sensor is a module and the audio chip is soldered onto the main board.) Would warranty service be an option for you? If not, there is a good tear down guide on iFixit.com and others on Youtube.

As for making a flashable zip I found this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1207467

tofast420

Apr 19, 2011
Brantford
Have you considered if it's a hardware issue? Intermittent issues can be hardware. It might explain why no matter the ROM you have this common audio cutout problem. I just had my phone warranty serviced because whenever I would record audio or audio and video upon playback I would get these weird audio artifacts like popping and static sounds. The tech told me they resoldered the audio pins to try and correct the problem. It is now fixed btw. (The same repair had them replace the proximity sensor too but it seems to me they actually replaced the entire main board b/c my board serial number is different. To my understanding the proximity sensor is a module and the audio chip is soldered onto the main board.) Would warranty service be an option for you? If not, there is a good tear down guide on iFixit.com and others on Youtube.

As for making a flashable zip I found this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1207467

yes i have took into consideration it might be hardware issue. but it makes no sense because i also repair cell phones that there is 3 different speakers in a cell phone how is it that all of them would cut out at the same time when they all have different hookup spots and y would it come back with a reboot every time.. and then randomly shut off sound again..

anyway thanks for your time reading and replying to me greatly appreciated if u find anything else out be sure to like me know thanks again

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
yes i have took into consideration it might be hardware issue. but it makes no sense because i also repair cell phones that there is 3 different speakers in a cell phone how is it that all of them would cut out at the same time when they all have different hookup spots and y would it come back with a reboot every time.. and then randomly shut off sound again..

anyway thanks for your time reading and replying to me greatly appreciated if u find anything else out be sure to like me know thanks again

Flash the stock firmware and if you still have the problem it's most likely hardware.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

tofast420

Apr 19, 2011
Brantford
Not fixed

i think i have found out something thing to add to this before my sound stops its like its getting quieter and quieter until u can hear if at all...... and yes is at max volume... but when u reboot it fixes... im thinking it has something to do with the sound files in the root directory.... nose anyone no ware they are or how to reset them?? this sound fix my problem plz help!