PowerPoint OpenOffice remote control - free app

Search This thread

v XenOn v

Aug 31, 2010
Hello community,

this week I've released my new app. With this app you can control PowerPoint and OpenOffice presentations. And the best: this app is for free!

Here are some features:

-presentation preview on your phone
-notes supported
-easy to setup
-no installation on your PC required
-excellent documentation
-supports all screen sizes
-multilingual

I would be very happy about some feedback.

Please visit my homepage for the download links, a description and an example. There you'll probably find all information.

Homepage

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

fifarunnerr

Sep 7, 2010
Works well on HTC Wildfire. It has a few bugs though:
Main page of application doesn't fit 100%. The last line: Connection: Wi-fi doesn't fit 100% on screen. It's readable, but if you make the image 1-3% smaller it would fit.

When in presentation, the Top overview of 3 sheets is buggy. Sometimes I need to press the middle one to go to next sheet, sometimes i need the right one.

The buttons are working, also sliding the main sheet to go to next one works fine.

Although, great Application.

Tested on Linux Mint 64 bit and HTC Wildfire @ 2.2.1 stock over wifi.

Couldn't connect over 3G, could be port issue.

Reactions: v XenOn v

v XenOn v

Aug 31, 2010
Wow, thanks for these detailed feedback. That helps a lot :)

I could not test it on Linux, yet, so I am happy that it worked for you. Also I will correct these mistakes.

You've mentioned the top overview. No that is not a bug, what you have explained. If you press a special picture, the presentation jumps to this page. If you scroll, the presentation does nothing until you select a picture. Or did I understand you wrong?

You are right, over 3G does not work and yes, it is a port issue.

Thank you very much!

fifarunnerr

Sep 7, 2010

I could not test it on Linux, yet, so I am happy that it worked for you. Also I will correct these mistakes.

You've mentioned the top overview. No that is not a bug, what you have explained. If you press a special picture, the presentation jumps to this page. If you scroll, the presentation does nothing until you select a picture. Or did I understand you wrong?

Thank you very much!

At top I'm seeing 3 small images. I thought the left one was previous sheet, middle one is sheet that is showing at the moment and right sheet is next sheet.

But while testing: Pressing middle one "opened" current sheet and pressing right one opened next sheet.
OR
Pressing middle one opened next sheet, and pressing right one the one next to middle. So if current was no. 10, pressing the middle opened no. 11, and if current view was no. 10 and I pressed right it opened no. 12.

Don't know if that's a bug, but it seemed to be like one. But I can live with buttons, sliding to go to next/previous sheet ;)

v XenOn v

Aug 31, 2010
I've tried it myself and you are right. That's definitely a bug. I'll fix that in the next version. Thank you :)

v XenOn v

Aug 31, 2010
Open it with JAVA (scroll down on my homepage, I made a screenshot).

You can also open it with the command line. On Windows hit start, type "cmd". Navigate to the folder, where you have saved the .jar file (or put it on your Desktop and type in the command window "cd Desktop"). After that type "java -jar FreePowerPointRemote_PC.jar".

This entire block does the same like opening it with JAVA.

Does that work for you?

v XenOn v

Aug 31, 2010
This can happen, you haven't set the JAVA HOME variable, yet. I had this issue a lot in the past and it is really annoying. Please google for a solution, there a very short and simple tutorials to fix that.

However, if you have installed JAVA the easiest way to open this .jar is to right click on it and choose "open with". If JAVA is not listed, then select "choose a standard program" at the botton. The path for java.exe is in my case "C:\\programs\java\jre6\bin\java.exe". Select this .exe file and open the .jar.

I think that is very easy and a better solution for most people than the command line.

Did that work?

v XenOn v

Aug 31, 2010
@handsomeboy1702: I've tried it, but I got problems with the tool Launch4j. I would be very happy if somebody could help me.

You can also try out the javaw.exe (in the same folder like java.exe). Maybe that works. The last thing you could do is setting the JAVA HOME environment variable.

@fifarunnerr: I've corrected these mistakes, an update to version 1.0.1 is out. Thanks again!

fifarunnerr

Sep 7, 2010
@fifarunnerr: I've corrected these mistakes, an update to version 1.0.1 is out. Thanks again!

Updated and they're fixed :)

But I've found another bug. If there are 5 "elements" on one sheet(e.g. list, and one click shows next item in list) the application thinks it goes to next sheet but it just shows another item from list on the same sheet. I guess that one is harder to fix.
Workaround is filling in the Java application it has more sheets it's working, but not as it should.

I think the bug is that in initializing the sheets it goes always to next sheet, but at presentation itself it clicks(?). If it clicks it goes to next sheet or shows another item from list.

v XenOn v

Aug 31, 2010
Updated and they're fixed :)

But I've found another bug. If there are 5 "elements" on one sheet(e.g. list, and one click shows next item in list) the application thinks it goes to next sheet but it just shows another item from list on the same sheet. I guess that one is harder to fix.
Workaround is filling in the Java application it has more sheets it's working, but not as it should.

I think the bug is that in initializing the sheets it goes always to next sheet, but at presentation itself it clicks(?). If it clicks it goes to next sheet or shows another item from list.

I have already implemented a workaround. You can enable in the menu the extra button. They tell the PC to go to the next page, but your phone does not make an update (the button send the same command like wiping the main picture to the left or right). It may happen that you get out of sync with the PC. For that you can long press the main picture and the PC updates itself.

Maybe you want to take a look in my documentation, I've mentioned that point in the presentation control part.

I don't have an other idea for a workaround. Using more sheets doesn't work, because the gallery on the top isn't correct anymore.

Thanks again for the suggestion, I hope this helps.

v XenOn v

Aug 31, 2010
I just wanted to mention, that I've released version 2.0.0. The app now supportes notes. Please read the instruction on my homepage.

Thanks

KinChungE

Jun 10, 2010
I found that notes cannot be displayed with my Office 2010, is that only open office is supported yet?

techofweb

Feb 12, 2011
Delhi
www.techofweb.com
How to set Java Path

in the command line windows, it says java is not recognized. to i need to install anything beforehand? i do have java 6 on my pc
@handsomeboy1702
You need to set your Java path. Right Click My Computer--> Advanced-->Environment Vaiables-->In system variables, enter values for following variables.

The values must match your Java Installation directory. So change them accordingly.

JAVA_HOME
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_01

CLASSPATH
%JAVA_HOME%\lib

PATH
%JAVA_HOME%\bin

Hope it helps.
Pls if you could rate me and Thank me if my reply is helping you :)

If still any issues, mail me.

Thanks'
Atul Bansal

Attachments

• TechOfWeb_header.jpg
    TechOfWeb_header.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 77

TomBous

Sep 4, 2010
LibreOffice

Hi,

I was wondering if it support LibreOffice? If not, will it?

Thx for your job

jggimi

Jan 8, 2011
v XenOn v, I "discovered" this app through the announcement on the xda-developers home page (and the tweet from them, of course.)

One thing you may not be aware of -- WiFi tethering, if the phone has it -- works wonderfully! Great for places where there is no WiFi infrastructure, or poor 3G connectivity, or both.

Thank you for a terrific app! No need for long distance mice any longer!!!

samadeus

Apr 7, 2011
Tangerang
I've tried it too.

When initialized the file, it can make the program not responding.

Could you make this application can run in landscape mode? So when the android phone rotates to landscape, the application also rotates automatically to landscape view.

The notes which should be seen under the slide preview is not appear in my Samsung Galaxy Ace. Is this a bug? If you think it is not, please tell me how to make the notes appear.

My suggestion, maybe you can make the toggle button appear as default.

The last from me, could you make the slide preview bigger?

I think this is enough to make this application much better. I really interested in this apps because it easy to bring than wireless remote.

Please let me know when you have made the next version of this application. :D :)

I really appreciate to you and this application. Thanks for your work to develop this application. :D

Last edited:

dateno1

Oct 15, 2010
it's very fun app

it just hook input and covert to left, right key

so it will run all other application if you not want the preveiw :D (i try it for foxit reader, firefox, ie8)

it very useful

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello community,

this week I've released my new app. With this app you can control PowerPoint and OpenOffice presentations. And the best: this app is for free!

Here are some features:

-presentation preview on your phone
    -notes supported
    -easy to setup
    -no installation on your PC required
    -excellent documentation
    -supports all screen sizes
    -multilingual

I would be very happy about some feedback.

Please visit my homepage for the download links, a description and an example. There you'll probably find all information.

Homepage

Thank you very much!
    Works well on HTC Wildfire. It has a few bugs though:
    Main page of application doesn't fit 100%. The last line: Connection: Wi-fi doesn't fit 100% on screen. It's readable, but if you make the image 1-3% smaller it would fit.

When in presentation, the Top overview of 3 sheets is buggy. Sometimes I need to press the middle one to go to next sheet, sometimes i need the right one.

The buttons are working, also sliding the main sheet to go to next one works fine.

Although, great Application.

Tested on Linux Mint 64 bit and HTC Wildfire @ 2.2.1 stock over wifi.

Couldn't connect over 3G, could be port issue.

Thank you very much!

At top I'm seeing 3 small images. I thought the left one was previous sheet, middle one is sheet that is showing at the moment and right sheet is next sheet.

But while testing: Pressing middle one "opened" current sheet and pressing right one opened next sheet.
    OR
    Pressing middle one opened next sheet, and pressing right one the one next to middle. So if current was no. 10, pressing the middle opened no. 11, and if current view was no. 10 and I pressed right it opened no. 12.

Don't know if that's a bug, but it seemed to be like one. But I can live with buttons, sliding to go to next/previous sheet ;)
    v XenOn v, I "discovered" this app through the announcement on the xda-developers home page (and the tweet from them, of course.)

One thing you may not be aware of -- WiFi tethering, if the phone has it -- works wonderfully! Great for places where there is no WiFi infrastructure, or poor 3G connectivity, or both.

Thank you for a terrific app! No need for long distance mice any longer!!!