Favorite Sense ROM?

Search This thread

sunny_und

Aug 26, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
I personally like Virtuous Unity (Sense 3.0) and would use it as my DD but I can't get MMS to work on it.

I use Virtuous Unity 2.39 (check to see if you need an update) and I use the GoSMS app. I've never had an issue sending MMS messages before. I would try out a different messaging app if that is your only issue with it.

Lately I've been getting bored with Unity, but waiting for them to release something new since it's so stable. Just installed the battery mod to try it out last night. So far I have 6 hours 43 minutes on battery, 3 hours 14 on pandora, 1.5 hours on the display (1/3 - 2/3 full brightness) and have 63 percent battery. seems pretty good so far.

Here are some screenshots at 7 hours. Using the kernel that comes with Virtuous Unity 2.39, no oc'ing, etc.

Attachments

• 2012-05-01_15-14-06.jpg
    2012-05-01_15-14-06.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 2012-05-01_15-18-41.jpg
    2012-05-01_15-18-41.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

sunny_und

Aug 26, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Holy hell! What governor settings, kernel, etc?

Amphibliam - I assume that was directed at me? Here is a link to another thread with a .zip for the battery mod. It goes and changes settings in linux (big write-up link also in that thread) and so far it seems great. I could use my computer for music, but wanting to work my phone hard today and see how this mod really works.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1628782

Boot up the first time took a little longer than normal? maybe it was just me, but I rebooted and everything seemed normal then. I'll edit this tomorrow and give my battery life stats at the end of the day!

Last edited:

fredrick1213

Feb 26, 2011
very true man, I love the inc2 community.
I'm currently selling my Rezound as it's in perfect condition and just sits on my desk.
I think I will be happier with the inc4g once that drops.

What are you selling it for? I am VERY interested in buying one

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

fredrick1213

Feb 26, 2011
I use Virtuous Unity 2.39 (check to see if you need an update) and I use the GoSMS app. I've never had an issue sending MMS messages before. I would try out a different messaging app if that is your only issue with it.

Lately I've been getting bored with Unity, but waiting for them to release something new since it's so stable. Just installed the battery mod to try it out last night. So far I have 6 hours 43 minutes on battery, 3 hours 14 on pandora, 1.5 hours on the display (1/3 - 2/3 full brightness) and have 63 percent battery. seems pretty good so far.

Here are some screenshots at 7 hours. Using the kernel that comes with Virtuous Unity 2.39, no oc'ing, etc.

That's the version of Unity that I was on. I have my Inc2 flashed to Cricket so I have to do extra things to get MMS to work. I did some stuff and got it to send and not receive. I got frustrated and went on to another ROM and shortly restored my nand of Unity. This time MMS wouldn't send or receive. I'll go back eventually but it's too frustrating right now

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

ErisDev

Jul 29, 2010
Psh, no Highway I will not buy your iPhone. >.>

:D

I really like Gingerbangsense 5.M. I have AndybonesStock saved as my Nand just in case. 3.5 Roms right now dont really do it for me. However, When Aero and Pro get some of those quirks worked out of the ICS stuff ill leave Sense in the dust. Probably wont happen until source is released or it gets pushed to our device....I mean if it gets pushed.

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
I'm sure. It's probably related to a fruit of some sort. Almost like blackberry, only lamer...

Swyped From My Incredible 2 Superphone Using TapaTalk 2

My sources deep inside the caves of XDA, where some of the most glorious, smartest an weird trolls are, tell me. That this iphone is something created to rival our androids, but fail to much. The rest of what they said to me can't be understood, senior trolls are their own language, we new trolls can't figure out yet (to many dam pictures).

dreamkiller80

Dec 10, 2011
Virginia Beach
Yea iPhones are terribad but my iPod works pretty good for listening to music while destroying lives and killing dreams, and to stay somewhat on topic your infernosense kicks ass Mr highway I just miss the Calender widget

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
Yea iPhones are terribad but my iPod works pretty good for listening to music while destroying lives and killing dreams, and to stay somewhat on topic your infernosense kicks ass Mr highway I just miss the Calender widget

thanks. well when you take out the roise.apk in sense all the widgets are lost, unfortunately thats something my team cant control. i might get this phone to screw around with if i can find a cheap used one,off contract, an try to build some stufff.

dreamkiller80

Dec 10, 2011
Virginia Beach
thanks. well when you take out the roise.apk in sense all the widgets are lost, unfortunately thats something my team cant control. i might get this phone to screw around with if i can find a cheap used one,off contract, an try to build some stufff.

Yea I am aware of that, it just sucks b/c there isn't a decent replacement for it

ErisDev

Jul 29, 2010
My upgrade is ready this month. Im going to go to the Rezound I think. My friend loves that one and let me mess around with it. I rather like it. Or perhaps that SS G III that will be announced today, will have to see it to be sure. So I MIGHT have a DINC2 that will end up collecting dust....

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
My upgrade is ready this month. Im going to go to the Rezound I think. My friend loves that one and let me mess around with it. I rather like it. Or perhaps that SS G III that will be announced today, will have to see it to be sure. So I MIGHT have a DINC2 that will end up collecting dust....

idk, i wouldnt tie myself to a 2 year deal to a phone thats over 6 months old at this point (rezound) and will loose most of its dev following whenever the next big htc phone drops on verizon (the rumored note competitor in the fall?)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes skyraider is sense 3.0, and I have been checking mikmik daily for newts release but it will probably have a lot of the same issues as the other sense 4 Roms which at the moment is a deal breaker for me because I need my camera and camcorder as well as mms.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Fwiw I got mms working in sense 4 for virtuous primadonna...so whenever it gets released that's one less issue
    Any work that a DEV does for the community is a favorite of mine.

all of nitsuj17's work I LOVE.
    anything mik related- aka, NEWT, MIK, etc.
    team BAMF,skyraider (ihtfp69) was my first "favorite" sense ROM, back on the Inc1.
    JoelZ

There were many DEVs from the Eris days as well. good times.
    Gingerbang Sense 5.01m.

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA