[Q] Wifi Drop

Search This thread

krunal1981

Nov 19, 2009
Bangalore
I have a rooted Nexus5 which aint running any custom rom. I have noticed that my wifi drops . the icon shows active on the status bar but there is no data transfer.
i thought it could be one of the xposed modules which might be interfering so i unrooted my phone and put it back to stock. The wifi signals were fine for a day or so and i am now facing the same problem again.

I downloaded the Wifi Analyser app from the play store to check if there is any interference from other routers in the vicinity. I have changed the channels multiple times but to no avail. At the same time my laptop & desktop connects fine to the router.

I am currently running stock 4.4.2 build # KOT49H

Mr hOaX

Jan 30, 2014
I have a rooted Nexus5 which aint running any custom rom. I have noticed that my wifi drops . the icon shows active on the status bar but there is no data transfer.
i thought it could be one of the xposed modules which might be interfering so i unrooted my phone and put it back to stock. The wifi signals were fine for a day or so and i am now facing the same problem again.

I downloaded the Wifi Analyser app from the play store to check if there is any interference from other routers in the vicinity. I have changed the channels multiple times but to no avail. At the same time my laptop & desktop connects fine to the router.

Which kernel you are using?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto

Try an app called "Root- Push Notifications Fixer". There are two versions one that requires a rooted device and one that does not I use the rooted one and off hand cannot remember the difference. Below is the playstore link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andqlimax.pushfixer&hl=en

This app resolved a WiFi issue I was having. I originally blamed my router/device but it was neither. I use it on both my Nexus 5 and 10. Read the app description for the issue it addresses.

Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: krunal1981

krunal1981

Nov 19, 2009
Bangalore
Stock kernel . attached the screenshot .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1393087335324.jpg
    1393087335324.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 79

colinmcg71

Jan 2, 2014
Perth
I had something similar on my Nexus 5. The wifi speed would drop dramatically at random and it looked like web pages had stopped loading. My connection is 25Mb but the N5 would drop to 1-2Mb. I'd then have to turn wifi off and on to get the speed back up.

After searching around for the same issue a few people suggested turning off mobile data while using wifi. After doing this the speed has never dropped. I've since set up a Tasker profile to turn mobile data off when connected to wifi and back on when wifi is out of range/off.

Might be worth a try.

Reactions: krunal1981

krunal1981

Nov 19, 2009
Bangalore
Guess I spoke a bit too soon . it worked fine for couple of hours and now I am back with no data transfer while on WiFi .

krunal1981

Nov 19, 2009
Bangalore
Guess I spoke a bit too soon . it worked fine for couple of hours and now I am back with no data transfer while on WiFi .

guys , looks like i have finally sorted the problem. I called my ISP and he suggested that it could be a looping issue with the router. He advised a hard reset which i have done now. i can now connect to wifi with my phones

tien113

Jun 8, 2007
sometime my Wi-Fi lost data even the connection is still on. I'm using Franco kernel r32. I don't know how to fix it. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

guys , looks like i have finally sorted the problem. I called my ISP and he suggested that it could be a looping issue with the router. He advised a hard reset which i have done now. i can now connect to wifi with my phones

Try an app called "Root- Push Notifications Fixer". There are two versions one that requires a rooted device and one that does not I use the rooted one and off hand cannot remember the difference. Below is the playstore link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andqlimax.pushfixer&hl=en

This app resolved a WiFi issue I was having. I originally blamed my router/device but it was neither. I use it on both my Nexus 5 and 10. Read the app description for the issue it addresses.

Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
    I had something similar on my Nexus 5. The wifi speed would drop dramatically at random and it looked like web pages had stopped loading. My connection is 25Mb but the N5 would drop to 1-2Mb. I'd then have to turn wifi off and on to get the speed back up.

After searching around for the same issue a few people suggested turning off mobile data while using wifi. After doing this the speed has never dropped. I've since set up a Tasker profile to turn mobile data off when connected to wifi and back on when wifi is out of range/off.

Might be worth a try.
    Its helping mate . will try it for a day or two to see how it works .