[Q] HTC Wildfire A3333 HARDLOCKED

Search This thread

Donnydave

Apr 3, 2014
I am a 65 year old android phone nooby I do not have a clue how these things work, I got the Wildfire A3333 off my son who purchased it secondhand off e-bay. It was completely locked up, but I purchased an unlock code that did not work? So went on you tube and found out how to reset it by clearing it? I put in a new sim card and I connected to the internet ok but when I tried to phone to set up the SIM it would not connect, nor will it send messages, it has a phone number in there that does not belong to it? because when I phoned it instead of ringing, a bloke answered?? Is there a way to get pass this hardlock or is it useless for phoning /messaging, everything else works internet,camera etc.

Donnydave

Apr 3, 2014

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I downloaded that went through the instructions in the blue box but nothing seems to be happening with my phone? have I done something wrong?

NO :)

Now: press shift + rightmouse on any free place on your windows desktop and press "Open commandline here"

Connect your phone to the computer in fastboot mode (As done before)

go to the windows commandline and type: "fastboot getvar cid" (Whithout the quotaion marks "") press enter and the "CID" will be shown.

Last edited:

Donnydave

Apr 3, 2014
NO :)

Now: press shift + rightmouse on any free place on your windows desktop and press "Open commandline here"

Connect your phone to the computer in fastboot mode (As done before)

go to the windows commandline and type: "fastboot getvar cid" (Whithout the quotaion marks "") press enter and the "CID" will be shown.

T-MOB005
It took some figuring out but I got there eventually :good:

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
That link wont work either :(
Its not looking promising Error message 140 saying I need a different ROM?

So going further would get kind of tricky.

You need T-Mobile UK again. BUT the file from the download is a lower version then installed on the phone. And ther in no newer installer. You can just proceed when you're "S-OFF" and it could get some real advanture to you ;) You may think about the phone is may be £20 worth. So if you really need it we can proceed but that will mean A LOT of reading for you :)

Donnydave

Apr 3, 2014
So going further would get kind of tricky.

You need T-Mobile UK again. BUT the file from the download is a lower version then installed on the phone. And ther in no newer installer. You can just proceed when you're "S-OFF" and it could get some real advanture to you ;) You may think about the phone is may be £20 worth. So if you really need it we can proceed but that will mean A LOT of reading for you :)

Thank you for all your help:good: I do not really need it, it is just in such nice condition I would have liked to get it working but it was really just a challenge I have never attempted this before, I do have a working HTC phone:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am a 65 year old android phone nooby I do not have a clue how these things work, I got the Wildfire A3333 off my son who purchased it secondhand off e-bay. It was completely locked up, but I purchased an unlock code that did not work? So went on you tube and found out how to reset it by clearing it? I put in a new sim card and I connected to the internet ok but when I tried to phone to set up the SIM it would not connect, nor will it send messages, it has a phone number in there that does not belong to it? because when I phoned it instead of ringing, a bloke answered?? Is there a way to get pass this hardlock or is it useless for phoning /messaging, everything else works internet,camera etc.

Did you perform a "factory reset" ? Can you tell me the installed Android version? (Can be found in phone info)
    No the factory reset line did not appear?It said FASTBOOT-RECOVERY-CLEAR STORAGE-SIMLOCK So I used the clear storage line? The android version 2.2.1

clear storage is just about the sdcard as far as i know. Other way is to factory reset in the android settings under "storage" or "security"

Just in case that will not help we can think about further steps to reset the phone. If its a used phone i CLEARLY recommend to reset or better reflash it bacause you cant if the last owner installed any malicious software on the phone.
    I followed your instructions and did a factory reset, but it is still the same? except now there is no red triangle when I try to phone 150 to register the SIM card, I still can not access the call forwarding/call barring settings? :confused: And to be honest I do not have a clue what reflash means?
    Thanks for help anyway:good:

Reflash means to reinstall the operating system (Android) on the phone. Compared to install windows on a home computer. It needs some more experience flashing a firmware but i can assisst you.

The point is that it seems as someone modified the phone on his own or the phone is from a different region/country. Just to be clear. Why did you buy a locked phone?

To know how to act pls do as followed:

Turn off phone. Go into "BOOTLOADER" by pressing "Vol down + Power" for some seconds. It will show some info. Please take a photo and upload it. then go to section "SIMLOCK" and take a photo too.

With this informations i can easiest tell you if its modified and how to get rid of the lock.
    Just right. I Look Out for compatible files.

Sent from my loved HTC One S using (most time buggy) Tapatalk :)

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

@Donnydave

Please download this --> HTC Wildfire unbranded RUU

and HTC USB drivers

you will also need a working usb cable and of course your computer :)

BTW it was good to have a micro sd card (Not necessary)

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Install the driver and Make sure HTC sync (in case you installed it before) is closed. Start the phone into bootloader and select "fastboot" while connected to your computer. It should show up "fastboot usb" then you can run the RUU ( the big file you downloaded ) it will flash the stock firmware on your phone. Keep in mind that all personal data will be cleared during the flash process. If it runs successfully you should not face trouble anymore. If issues remain just tell me. Its important that the firmware update is NOT INTERRUPTED in any way, as it could make the device temporarily unusable. This should work fine for you, but of course its in YOUR RESPONCE what happens to the phone. So just go on, if you're sure how to act.

Sent from my loved HTC One S using (most time buggy) Tapatalk :)
    It's NO VIRUS for sure. You can cut internet connection and deactivate antivirus to solve it and still be safe. After installing you can reactivate AV.

To proceed:

You are running a windows computer? Have installed any syncing software e.g. Samsung KIES, HTC Sync, Blackberry Chimera? If yes, uninstall it pls.

I ask bacause i NEVER had issues with installing teh HTC driver. Does it show up any error message?