[Q] [NEW] Android L Developer Preview for Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300)

Search This thread
B

berksems

l-dev-prev.png

Hi is there any one thinking to port new android version for our device this week?

http://developer.android.com/preview/index.html

Last edited:

LegendM

Jun 18, 2012
Ankara
I dont think they will push to aosp,If im not wrong they'll only release img files.

But If im wrong and they will publish to aosp,developers will get it done in a few days, at least very first previews

B

berksems

I dont think they will push to aosp,If im not wrong they'll only release img files.

But If im wrong and they will publish to aosp,developers will get it done in a few days, at least very first previews

They will release image files today but u can be sure nexus 5 devs will make flashable zip file in 2 days also its good to know there is other people from Turkey :fingers-crossed: :good:

Mendim.M

Oct 15, 2013
PR
I am jealous about Nexus 5 users right now :<<, hope there is going to be a port for us very soon..
Btw I hope google will relase aosp so cm team gets their hands on it to be finished before the next version of andoid comes up :)

Last edited:
B

berksems

I am jealous about Nexus 5 users right now :<<, hope there is going to be a port for us very soon..
Btw I hope google will relase aosp so cm team gets their hands on it to be finished before the next version of andoid comes up :)

I unpack the AOSP base and now working on a new project i will release it tomorrow! Its themed 4.4.4 and some apps included from new L Build :angel:

finalfantasy

May 7, 2011
Here's the thing. Most new version, as far as i know, of android are ported from the Nexus devices as these are officially from Google. So of course they would get the newest android versions first.

What makes our waiting even longer is the fact that what is released now on Nexus 5 and 7 (2013) is the Developers Preview of Android L.
It is not sure if it will be version 4.5 or 5.0 although the former has been a favorite. Also a very recent Chrome update backs this up showing the new build number as 4.4.99. Now it seems as they are preparing themselves but i'd say that we wont see a Galaxy S3 port of Android L for at least 2 more months.

Fun Fact Below:
It is believed that the codename of the new android L will be Lollypop as all the previous codenames were alphabetical in terms of the first letter and all the names were of sweet treats (with the exception of the Alpha and Beta that were the A and B):
Alpha (1.0)
Beta (1.1)
Cupcake (1.5) (similar to the next thing)
Doughnut (1.6) (what does Homer Simpson like to eat?)
Eclair (2.0-2.1) (those who don't know, this is some kind of weird french cake-thingy)
Froyo (2.2) (some kind of yogurt combination with things on top)
Gingerbread (2.3) (kind of bread-cookie mostly eaten at x-mas)
Honeycomb (3.0-3.2) (another way of saying lots-of-honey)
Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) (name speaks for itself. if you haven't tried this ice cream then you haven't even lived)
Jelly Bean (4.1-4.3) (some kind of candy beans made of jelly)
KitKat (4.4) (well some kind of chocolate biscuit combination also known as KitKat. It's known to be similar to the Snickers, Twix kind of candy. There are some commercials on youtube of this candy)

And there you have it. A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K. Next up is L (just a coincidence that the new version, for now, is called Android L? I. THINK . NOT.)
My guess is that the next codename will be Lollypop but only time will tell.