How to Install a qi wireless charger

Search This thread

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
I have no instructions on Installing this wireless charger on my t-mobile Gs5.Do I pull apart the black wireless charger looking pad with 2 shiny prongs,connectors coming off of it?please explain how to correctly install this wireless charger. Thanks In advance!!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I have no instructions on Installing this wireless charger on my t-mobile Gs5.Do I pull apart the black wireless charger looking pad with 2 shiny prongs,connectors coming off of it?please explain how to correctly install this wireless charger. Thanks In advance!!!

Which one do you have? All you have to do if you bought the official. cover is snap the old one off, and snap the new one in. If you bought just a "pad", then you have to stick it in a way so that the gold contacts come in contact with the ones on the phone (stick it over the battery).

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
Which one do you have? All you have to do if you bought the official. cover is snap the old one off, and snap the new one in. If you bought just a "pad", then you have to stick it in a way so that the gold contacts come in contact with the ones on the phone (stick it over the battery).

O.k. how do I stick it over the battery do I pull it apart and put the battery in the center,middle of it? Thanks

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
O.k. how do I stick it over the battery do I pull it apart and put the battery in the center,middle of it? Thanks

I can't find a you tube video showing how to hook up,install this wireless charger.If anyone else can please post a link.I would really appreciate it. Thanks

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Did you plug in the charging pad? :)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

gridflash

Sep 21, 2011
Portland, OR
XDA, Check these two pictures. Some times the Tab on the receiving pad needs to be slightly bent to assure best contact with the pins on the phone.

When you lay it on the Charging pad the LED sould go Green and you immediately get a musical tone with a popup saying "Wireless Charging."

Bottom line if this doesn't work Thoth is good about replacements.

Last edited:
Reactions: xda23

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
XDA, Check these two pictures. Some times the Tab on the receiving pad needs to be slightly bent to assure best contact with the pins on the phone.

When you lay it on the Charging pad the LED sould go Green and you immediately get a musical tone with a popup saying "Wireless Charging."

Yeah I have it installed just like you show it must be defective. Thanks,Bud. :)

joking

Oct 9, 2007

Does the 2 contact pins stay in place after you place it in the slots? On mine I press it down but it doesn't stay snap in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did exactly what they did in the video I just don't get any charging connection when I set my device on the charging pad.any ideas anyone? Thanks!!! :)

Well I asked for a picture. It would really help in us seeing what's wrong.
    I'm sorry how do I post a pic from my device onto xda. Thanks,bud. :)

Use the attach function and pick from your gallery. Or upload it to imgur or something.
    I'm sorry what is that attached function.could you please a little more how to post a pic on xda. Thanks :)

http://postimage.org/index.php?um=computer

then post the url