Phatom Skinz *ON SALE*

Search This thread

SupermanFTM

Dec 22, 2008
I hear that Phantomskinz are easily scratched. I know that they will still protect the phone even if they do get scratched, but then you still end up looking at a scratched skin for as long as you have it. Have you had any problems with that?

PS' site labels the product as "self-healing" from scratches, but from what I've read it seems as though even a moderately large/deep scratch manages to stay put. Other than that, PS skins are supposed to be great, but that was the reason I was initially turned off from them.

Fixter

Jun 6, 2009
Durham
I hear that Phantomskinz are easily scratched. I know that they will still protect the phone even if they do get scratched, but then you still end up looking at a scratched skin for as long as you have it. Have you had any problems with that?

PS' site labels the product as "self-healing" from scratches, but from what I've read it seems as though even a moderately large/deep scratch manages to stay put. Other than that, PS skins are supposed to be great, but that was the reason I was initially turned off from them.

They are self healing. I had 2 scratches on my Evo from dropping it and they disappeared in like 2 or 3 days. And whenever it looked a little blurry I would just use some polishing compound and rub it and it came back to a new state.

navoid

Jul 26, 2007
I have tried many of these covers and phantom skinz are the best in terms of not even noticing it is on the device. Also they are slick and generally you just forget they are even there. Bestskinsever and invisible shields almost always have a slightly bumpy texture or graininess that I could never use.

Fixter

Jun 6, 2009
Durham
I have tried many of these covers and phantom skinz are the best in terms of not even noticing it is on the device. Also they are slick and generally you just forget they are even there. Bestskinsever and invisible shields almost always have a slightly bumpy texture or graininess that I could never use.

1+ Exactly.

SupermanFTM

Dec 22, 2008
Just purchased mine. Matte version for me though, I hope it's as nice of quality as people say. It was a touch decision, but since wrapsol hasn't released their skin yet and neither has Stenheil, I made the leap :p

Use the coupon code "summersale2010" to get 30% off! That made it a nice deal.

heman22union

Sep 7, 2010
Tulsa
does it protect the screen too? i watched some of the installatioin vids, and it doesnt look like it covers the screen...

yellowxboy

Mar 18, 2007
just curious to those who ordered, which skin did you get? the black carbon looks cool because it blends in with the black, i noticed on the white carbon that it does not cover the entire back with some black spots showing.

i hate applying skins on phones with curves :( its a pita

Fixter

Jun 6, 2009
Durham
just curious to those who ordered, which skin did you get? the black carbon looks cool because it blends in with the black, i noticed on the white carbon that it does not cover the entire back with some black spots showing.

i hate applying skins on phones with curves :( its a pita

I did it on the Evo and it looked AWESOME. So I'm guessing it will look nice here too.

SupermanFTM

Dec 22, 2008
I personally went with the Matte one because... well, matte is a great finish and I'm hoping it's a cut above the clear case when it comes to glare/reflections. Oh, and the chromatic are just too ostentatious for me. :p

jacjyd

Aug 30, 2010
Haha I got the carbon fiber though now I want other colors when they come out. :)

Has anyone managed to get the bottom back corners on in any satisfactory fashion? I guess I must've stretched them out trying to get them to go down...took me a while to realize I'd have to prioritize the outside edge and let the inside flatter stuff overlap or hit at weird angles if they have to.

Has anyone used gadgetwarranty before? If it really is as easy as they make it seem, I like knowing that if this falls off in a week because of some raised edges that I can get a new one for $3 + stamp.

SupermanFTM

Dec 22, 2008
I got my back on nearly perfectly, however I'm noticing what I think are stretch marks from using their application tool :( Luckily, the internet special gave me 2 skins so I get another chance! I'll probably apply the second back today with great care and see how it looks.

On a side note, I bought the matte finish skin and applied that to the screen as well. To anyone thinking of buying this finish, it's wonderful but DO NOT apply the matte screen protector. The skin kit comes with 2 matte and 2 clear screen covers as well as 2 full body matte covers. I suggest using the clear ones as the matte screen covers massively distorts the beautiful screen.

For $18, 4 screen covers and 2 full body covers with lifetime warranty is a pretty great deal!

saywhat4118

May 12, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
chromatic skin

heres the lime green skin that i purchased from them and i really like it. im gonna try out the carbon fiber next time. here are some pics for you guys to see.
downloadfile.jpeg

downloadfile-3.jpeg

downloadfile-4.jpeg

NeonMonster

Jan 26, 2010
Los Angeles
Wowwwww loving the look of the green chromatics!

I thought the chromatics would look tacky but it actually looks pretty awesome!

Great fit too it seems! Was about to order the clear skin but I might actually get a blue chromatic now!

Does it come with a clear cut out protector for the camera or no?

posted from a EPIC4G.

NeonMonster

Jan 26, 2010
Los Angeles
Nope. It doesn't. I ordered the carbon fiber and I returned it. Didn't liked the quality. I'm getting a Blue Chromatic.

Awww. :( I'm mostly worried about the camera protruding so much! My nexus camera lense got scratches ALL over from setting it down on tables.

But I agree. The carbon fiber is a odd texture and looks too slippery.

I'm getting a blue chromatic too! :)

saywhat4118

May 12, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Awww. :( I'm mostly worried about the camera protruding so much! My nexus camera lense got scratches ALL over from setting it down on tables.

But I agree. The carbon fiber is a odd texture and looks too slippery.

I'm getting a blue chromatic too! :)

So i shouldnt get the carbon fiber ones then? i wanted to try it out

But the lime green chromatic does feel really good. soft feel, sticks on quick and smooth. It also comes with 2 anti-fingerprint screen protectors which i am digging but got couple air bubbles i cant get rid of. still trying though