Search This thread

Daniel.96

Mar 17, 2012
Seems like its able now to open the camera modul but the drivers are not working right... We are again a step ahead :)

Harrocan

Jul 28, 2009
Someone give a camera driver in some post. Hm.. Slowly working, nice step to repair camera issues. :) If this needed i can attach my log.

30adi

Feb 24, 2012
Nexus 6
Huawei Mediapad M3
Oh, yeah ? tell me more.

You need DRIVERS in order for camera to work, not to change some files. The drivers ARE NOT PRESENT in the rom.

I don't understand why are you against this step forward!!! It think it's better the a error message ''can't connect to camera''. Am i right or not?

try to appreciate what people here are trying to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndrolinRoot

silviu_iliescu

Feb 16, 2012
Orsova
Tested the new ROM.Some improvements with it.Firstly the sound is louder I refer to the music, but the selection sound is still to low in my opinion.Is that how it is on the original ICS?.The problem with the non repeating ring tone is present in here as well.That's is a bit annoying but you can live without it.Another bug would be that you can sync contacts with the FB account, another thing that you can live without but that is fustrating and the biggest bug, bisides the camera, is that when I try to reboot, recovery or normal, it hangs at the Samsung logo.Anyone else got this bug?

Overall the ROM has improved a bit from the first version.Still watching the battery life, will be able to report in a couple of days on that.

Ouh, and I have one question.What is the matter with restoring the apps+data on this ROM?I read on the wiki page of our phone that it can damage the system, but I can't see why?Anyway I restored only the data from the games and nothing special happened.Correct me if I'm wrong.Cheers!

Harrocan

Jul 28, 2009
Tested the new ROM.Some improvements with it.Firstly the sound is louder I refer to the music, but the selection sound is still to low in my opinion.Is that how it is on the original ICS?.The problem with the non repeating ring tone is present in here as well.That's is a bit annoying but you can live without it.Another bug would be that you can sync contacts with the FB account, another thing that you can live without but that is fustrating and the biggest bug, bisides the camera, is that when I try to reboot, recovery or normal, it hangs at the Samsung logo.Anyone else got this bug?

Overall the ROM has improved a bit from the first version.Still watching the battery life, will be able to report in a couple of days on that.

Ouh, and I have one question.What is the matter with restoring the apps+data on this ROM?I read on the wiki page of our phone that it can damage the system, but I can't see why?Anyway I restored only the data from the games and nothing special happened.Correct me if I'm wrong.Cheers!

Anyway - i have this bug of recovery in FeaMod, once in a while, but... 2-3 times? I don't remember. This is not big deal. ;) Recovery works good. I don't check another, but in my opinion sound still in the same level. PowerAMP plays good. Battery drain is bigger than previously and i'm sure of this.

Last edited:

chasemyass

Dec 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

try reboot from ROMManager 1`st and see what`s hapenning, if still doesn`t work try wipe cache and dalvik cache and fix permissions

Sh0rty007

Nov 14, 2010
I don't have any problems with reboot or reboot in recovery from the menu. works fine Here.
My problem is that the phone is a bit slower then with GB on it and the graffics are slower or something. It's stottering when i'm scrolling.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9001 met Tapatalk

tw1

Dec 10, 2008
Orsova
You can restore all apps normal. Arco post this. Anyway - i have this bug of recovery in FeaMod, once in a while, but... 2-3 times? I don't remember. This is not big deal. ;) Recovery works good. I don't check another, but in my opinion sound still in the same level. PowerAMP plays good. Battery drain is bigger than previously and i'm sure of this.

i can confirm that the battery drains faster..i am running the new version of this rom from over 6 hours and i already have 86% left, and i haven't done anything else on the phone besides playing 5 mins with root explorer..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fix for recovery bootloop problem

Thanks to everyone who hear my pray and tried to help with my problem (bootloop into recovery). And Acro68 sorry that i'm bothered you. I here again to publish the solution. Problem was in bootloader, like people on other forum says (it was damaged somehow, probably because kies update fails before).

1. Open Odin.exe (UnZip from Odin.zip)
    2. Go into Download mode
    3. Select OPS - AriesVE.ops (UnZip from AriesVE.zip)
    4. Select BOOT - Boot_loader.tar
    5. Flash it and bootloop into recovery never gona happen.

All the files is attached...
    I and some fellow developers (especially thanks manveru0, skywalker01, other users for testing, reporting and other help) are trying to port AOSS to our device, working with CyanogenMod 7 for now.
    You can check out this thread, repositories, and this post for changelogs, bug reports and so on.
    Github repositories:
    https://github.com/abbradar
    https://github.com/manveru0
    Feel free to check them out and fork!

Current status of porting:
    Working:
    • Screen (w. touch features, w. backlight)
    • Buttons
    • Radio (w. 2G/3G, Internet is working)
    • Bluetooth
    • WLAN
    • Rotate sensor
    • Handset button
    • USB
    • Battery sensors
    • Camera
    • GPU acceleration
    Not working:
    • GPS (does not lock)
    • Audio (both input and output, will be tough)
    • Camcorder (because of audio)
    • Storage-related (external SD not working, internal with no USB storage, vold misconfigured)
    • USB tethering/MTP (will require some programming)
    • Host access point (similar to USB tethering)
    • Light sensor
    • Buttons force feedback
    • Contacts on SIM card
    Not tested:
    • Other sensors (compass, magnetic)
    • HDMI (should not work, as logs say)
    • FM radio (should not work)
    Another bugs:
    • CyanogenMod settings doesn't work (fixed by
    • Random reboots sometimes
    • Sometimes - very long resume from sleep (30 seconds approximately)
    • Keyboard is very small
    • Dialer is laggy (because of audio)
    • USB connected notification is shown without USB cable attached
    • APN database is not working (enter settings manually)
    • Vibration strength is very weak
    Regressions: (worked before)
    • Nothing for now
    Visualized changelogs (with CM9), made and hosted by CastagnaIT in dedicated thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1492165

Last testing build (will be updated after major improvements or after some time): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22394052&postcount=284
    skywalker01's testing builds: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22969855&postcount=394

User tomsteel1 have made good-looking banner images for our work: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22506050&postcount=350
    Hello, guys.
    First of all, sorry for my 2.5-month absence, I was really short of time because of university and long illness, so I decided to freeze module development for a while. I understand that doing so without any posts there was rude, and ask for understanding.
    Next, it was a great surprise for me to see really working CM9 for our phone!!! I can only say GJ to arco68 - thank you guy, you really did this, even without a phone! I don't think my work is relevant anymore, so I'll stop with CM7 and will check out his work (maybe I'll be of some help). I've been able to found quick solution for working audio in 2.3.7, also, but I don't think it is relevant anymore ^_^.
    Once again, good job, arco68. I'll try to build CM9 with your configuration and test it, so I'm going to be just user and tester for now. ^_^
    Here's a new full test build of the rom. This contains fixed boot image, so it actually boots (unless I screwed something up this time :p). USB connect/disconnect should work correctly, wifi I *hope* works now. In addition I added support for automatic brightness and cleaned up some stuff.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sgyv7betz6cj9mp

And lol at the tags. Who wrote that? :D
    I am a CM9 porter for Galaxy SL. I have come across issues with audio in Galaxy SL also, which I have overcome by coding an Audio wrapper. If you need any help with fixing audio on S+, count me in.