Ubuntu Phone OS - Let's Find it and Port It!

Search This thread

ainen

Aug 26, 2011
I thought I read somewhere that there were going to be builds for other devices... including ours. I can't find where I read that though.

Zachinater

Jan 12, 2013
monument
Yeah
Even phone and SMS don't work
Its really buggy
No where near usability as a daily driver

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright guys here is the video shown on the Galaxy Nexus in case you have been living under a rock for the past few days...

Everywhere I look I cannot find anywhere where it has been released to begin working on getting it to our Note 2. Let us update this thread and eventually turn it into a "How-To" once we slap together something that works.

Any thoughts to get the ball rolling?

DO NOT FLASH THIS.
    It is for the n7100 which means there's a good chance it either will not run on any LTE variant (n7105, i317, t889, etc.) OR soft/hard brick said variants.
    Check this out. Its using qt5 with unmodified android drivers. This is cool.

http://phoronix.com/forums/showthre...eveloper-Preview-Released&p=314159#post314159

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
    I think the ability to have a full fledged operating system on a phone is an amazing idea.
    What those videos where showing was a Nexus running a Ubuntu operating system, with some sort of mobile theme applied. Once the device is docked it could be used as a desktop solution. Or plugged into a TV, or a laptop etc.
    This is something the mobile market has never seen before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
    Yeah I figured that this is all that we can do is wait, but does anyone know where it will be dropped first?

"A specific date in unknown but it’s probable that the release will coincide with Canonical’s appearance at the Mobile World Congress 2013, being held between 25 – 28th of February." still over a month away