MMS over WiFi Calling via 3rd Party App?

Search This thread

cwbeasley

May 28, 2008
Austin
Has anyone used a 3rd party SMS/MMS application (ie Handcent, GoSMS, Textra, 8sms, etc etc) to use send/receive MMS over WiFi Calling WITHOUT ANY DATA? I'm in an area where I can only use WFC, and all of my 3rd party SMS apps simply will not send or receive MMS over WiFi Calling without using the stock app.

Is there a solution?

And I repeat, NO DATA, no wifi = no service, so if you have a solution, make sure it's not quietly turning on data, sending the MMS, then going back to wifi, because that's not going to work as there is no cell service in this location.

Thanks.

T-Mobile.
Samsung Galaxy SII T-989 on stock rooted with WiFi Calling

Canyon30

Apr 25, 2013
AZ
Has anyone used a 3rd party SMS/MMS application (ie Handcent, GoSMS, Textra, 8sms, etc etc) to use send/receive MMS over WiFi Calling WITHOUT ANY DATA? I'm in an area where I can only use WFC, and all of my 3rd party SMS apps simply will not send or receive MMS over WiFi Calling without using the stock app.

Is there a solution?

And I repeat, NO DATA, no wifi = no service, so if you have a solution, make sure it's not quietly turning on data, sending the MMS, then going back to wifi, because that's not going to work as there is no cell service in this location.

Thanks.

T-Mobile.

Hey, I understand your needs. I work in a place where I have NO cell coverage at all and WiFi-Calling is the only way I can stay connected. I really don't like using 3rd party messaging apps so I'm not sure I have a solution for your needs in regards to 3rd party apps. But I know the stock messaging app on UVMC6 (stock 4.1.2 for T989) can send mms over wifi-calling. I'm guessing you are using a 3rd party app because the stock app doesn't do something you need/you don't like it. If you don't like it then there's nothing I can do. If you don't like the stock messaging app because you need...say group messaging? Well I might be able to help you. I actually just finished a write up on enabling group messaging on stock UVMC6. Here is the link. Let me know if you find this helpful. The stock messaging app has been modified by T-Mobile to allow MMS to be sent via wifi-calling...since wifi-calling is so baked into the ROM I really don't think 3rd party messaging apps will be able to send mms via wifi-calling.

Reactions: cwbeasley

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Is there a solution?

Thanks.

T-Mobile.

Hey, I understand your needs. I work in a place where I have NO cell coverage at all and WiFi-Calling is the only way I can stay connected. I really don't like using 3rd party messaging apps so I'm not sure I have a solution for your needs in regards to 3rd party apps. But I know the stock messaging app on UVMC6 (stock 4.1.2 for T989) can send mms over wifi-calling. I'm guessing you are using a 3rd party app because the stock app doesn't do something you need/you don't like it. If you don't like it then there's nothing I can do. If you don't like the stock messaging app because you need...say group messaging? Well I might be able to help you. I actually just finished a write up on enabling group messaging on stock UVMC6. Here is the link. Let me know if you find this helpful. The stock messaging app has been modified by T-Mobile to allow MMS to be sent via wifi-calling...since wifi-calling is so baked into the ROM I really don't think 3rd party messaging apps will be able to send mms via wifi-calling.