[Q] Insert SIM Card error

Search This thread

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
Hi friends,
I need your urgent help as my phone is not working.
Phone is not detecting my SIM. Till night it was working fine but in the morning it was laggy so rebooted. After that it is like this :(

Here's some additional info :
IMEI is there and correct.
WiFi working (posted it through that)
Baseband version is correct.
I reflashed modem too.
I did a clean install of the ROM but still.

Plz advise !
Esp. to @dr.ketan @ravijani @titooo7 @tamirda

Thanks !

Last edited:

trippy1980uk

Nov 21, 2010
Reading
Hi friends,
I need your urgent help as my phone is not working.
Phone is not detecting my SIM. Till night it was working fine but in the morning it was laggy so rebooted. After that it is like this

Here's some additional info :
IMEI is there and correct.
WiFi working (posted it through that)
Baseband version is correct.
I reflashed modem too.
I did a clean install of the ROM but still.

Plz advise !
Esp. to @dr.ketan @ravijani @titooo7 @tamirda

Thanks !

Hi, did you manage to find a solution for this problem as I have been unable to resolve a similar issue. My sim error appeared randomly on the latest unrooted stock btu build. I have even replaced the sim reader. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sances

Nov 16, 2009
Salzburg
greetings
i had the same issue, quite frustrating.
I bought my Note2 with broken Display, after i repaired it cut my sim to a mico sim, tried it out and got "No Network". So i replaced my 2 Years old Sim with a new micro-sim and with no luck.
After some error diagnostics i found out that the IMEI was broken, well f**. One month later is repaired the IMEI at some Mobile Service-center and the guy demonstrated that the phone now works. Well ok, i was. At Home i inserted my Sim and it didn't worked. I tried my brother Sim cards (2 old Drei Crads) and they worked, now i was like WTF.

Tested Sim-Cards (all Sim mentioned below are from Austrian Carriers)
T-Moblie (2Years old) => ok
A1 (2Yeas old) => ok
3x 3AT (old Sim Design before 2014) => ok
neu 3AT Sim Card since 2014 => NG
I already replaced the sim but with no luck since my carrier gave me the same new Sim Design.

Today i found the issue, the IC or contacts of the new sim are a little bit dipper molded in the plastic. I put a small piece of paper on top of the sim, so the sim is forced down on the simslot contacts, so far i had no issues. I will report this to my carrier and see what thy gonna say.
Hope dat helps, cheers.

FW: Stock 4.1.1 rooted

Last edited:

Opendro

Jun 11, 2019
My samsung note2 N7100 having a problem it keeps asking to insert sim while it shows network and exact time. Whenever i tried to update it failed. Please help me.