So my moto x's microphone just broke?

Search This thread

Locklear308

Feb 6, 2012
Loganville
Google Pixel 6a
Yeah she was fine for a week.... then after work Sunday it just failed.
No touch less controls, no google now
People can't hear me in calls unless I scream and even then they just great noise

:/

And now I must go a week or two without a phone?

Ugh...

I may go and just buy a nexus 5 just to not wait... But I've really loved my Dev edition.

Any one had this problem?

Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app

hovax615@hotmail.com

Jan 4, 2009
Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
Yeah she was fine for a week.... then after work Sunday it just failed.
No touch less controls, no google now
People can't hear me in calls unless I scream and even then they just great noise

:/

And now I must go a week or two without a phone?

Ugh...

I may go and just buy a nexus 5 just to not wait... But I've really loved my Dev edition.

Any one had this problem?

Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app

I was putting my screen protector on and I guess the solution got into the mic. It wasn't working for a few hours. I also had to scream at it to get it to work.

MOTO X Slapped

Locklear308

Feb 6, 2012
Loganville
Google Pixel 6a
I was putting my screen protector on and I guess the solution got into the mic. It wasn't working for a few hours. I also had to scream at it to get it to work.

MOTO X Slapped

Yeah I'm just returning mine, I don't have 7 days to go missing work calls :/ , in the mean time I'm going to buy a refurb Nexus 4.

Freaking pathetic that the mic breaks after a week.:eek:

Hermosa

Jan 14, 2014
Does the phone fill with the water? Perhaps it's the problem.

Once my phone was taked in water, and I used hair-dryer to make it dry. then it works well now.

kerryh420

Account currently disabled
Dec 19, 2013
Usa
cutt.ly
I've been through 3 of them and i'm getting my replacement today. I know this sounds silly but ,but diid any of you happen to have just put on a screen protector? I ask because to forums ive seen recognize this as the problem. defective screens.

sorullo_xgrx

Jan 9, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I had the same problem, but I had my X since November and all of the sudden it went bad. People couldn't hear me on calls, no Google now either it was just dead.

Went to Verizon store they checked the phone and decided to send me a replacement.

I got my replacement 3 days later and guess what FREAKING same problem with the replacement phone, it came with a broken Mic. Went back to Verizon and now they are sending another replacement. I don't know what's the deal with the microphones. For me it seems that the opening it might be too exposed to dust and with time this gets into the mic. I might get my replacement today.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wormboymx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had the same problem, but I had my X since November and all of the sudden it went bad. People couldn't hear me on calls, no Google now either it was just dead.

Went to Verizon store they checked the phone and decided to send me a replacement.

I got my replacement 3 days later and guess what FREAKING same problem with the replacement phone, it came with a broken Mic. Went back to Verizon and now they are sending another replacement. I don't know what's the deal with the microphones. For me it seems that the opening it might be too exposed to dust and with time this gets into the mic. I might get my replacement today.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk