CM9 Nightly for P930 is up

Search This thread

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
4g is always on when 2g networks is unchecked. battery does drain faster with 3g/4g/lte enabled and when its trying to switch between the signals. i go to university 30 miles away from the city, and there's only 2g and 3g here. without 2g networks enabled, my battery was gone in about 6-7 hours. now with 2g enabled i get about 14-15 hours battery life.

Ya I had a feeling that was it! I wonder if it will be possible to just turn the LTE radio off. For example my provider doesn't offer LTE yet.

P.s. still trying to solve my "roaming situation"

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

FlintPNZ

Mar 15, 2012
Penza
Is there a way to switch to MTP mode instead of mass storage for CM9 on our phones? Would love to be able to run my programs that are installed on the SD card while accessing MP3s via usb on my phone.

I saw in a recent commit that he added MTP mode but I can't find it anywhere in the settings.

Settings - Storage - Menu - USB

Reactions: gte460z

hhill13

Jan 10, 2011
Just flashed the 4/17 nightly...enabled emoji's in messaging settings but curious as to how to use them/where they are...anyone else try yet?

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
I can't flash the 4.17 nightly from the stock ATT ROm, bricked 2x so far.......I get stuck on the cm9 boot animation. I'll give the update a whirl from my previous cm9 backup.

aremcee

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2010
Ya I had a feeling that was it! I wonder if it will be possible to just turn the LTE radio off. For example my provider doesn't offer LTE yet.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-17-18-51-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-17-18-51-39.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 408

scott0

Dec 9, 2011

just the dalvik cache, I don't think I did anything different than my usual daily routine when I happen to be running the stock ROM when I update. but I fart around A LOT with this phone so it's not out of the question something on this side is different in the last 24 hours.

I'm just glad i'm always backed up! ;)

aremcee

Feb 1, 2010
just the dalvik cache, I don't think I did anything different than my usual daily routine when I happen to be running the stock ROM when I update. but I fart around A LOT with this phone so it's not out of the question something on this side is different in the last 24 hours.

I'm just glad i'm always backed up! ;)

You can not switch between ROMs and keep the same data. Especially vendor ROMs, which use their own system app signing keys.

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
current nightly is installed np. i prolly had a super fresh version of the stocker and that caused the loop

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

thx for that info aremcee, I'd thank your post but it seems I am out of those for you in this thread.

now that i think about it, I must have never installed a nightly update from the stocker other than the 1st time with a data wipe. I've gone back and forth amongst backups and such so much I've lost track......

Last edited:

Namuna

Jan 11, 2010
New York
Haha ya was just going to post this. There's a new option! I wonder how well it works. Mine won't stay on GSM/LTE ...probably because I don't have LTE available. So it goes to GSM (with WCDMA)

Working beautiously for me! It's a little bit scary that my phone with LTE has a bigger download bandwidth than my home cable internet...Downloading nightlies in well under a minute is pretty hawt.

gtharea

Sep 27, 2009
Also, 4/17 nightly has a LTE toggle switch widget thingy for the notification drawer! awesome!

aremcee

Feb 1, 2010
Any advice on how to get my phone to realize it isn't roaming? Fido uses the Rogers network so connecting to the Rogers network makes the phone thinks it's roaming.

We supported that scenario in CM7, but it hasn't been ported to CM9 yet.
Edit: Or maybe we did. Have you tried enabling the National Roaming flag in the phone options?

Last edited:

Sandpapers

Dec 28, 2011
Anyone able to patch in Pdroid manually to one of the latest nightlies? I'd greatly appreciate it.

If you know how, but don't want to and could assist me with a little direction I'd appreciate it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like we have our first CM9 nightly for the Nitro.

http://get.cm/?type=nightly&device=p930
    If anybody is curious what Ricardo appears to be excited about, this is ION and what it brings to the table :D
    If you are using windows 7 and you get MTP USB Device failed driver installation, go to device manager, portable devices, MTP USB device (double click on it), Driver, update driver, browser my computer for driver software, let me pick, click usb mass storage device. Should install and work instantly, and then activate usb mass storage on the phone.
    Same thing works for USB tethering, except pick the other driver.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

My Flash is fine and I did install from the Google Play store. There is something odd I noticed about these nightlies so far. It seems like every time I open Google Play I drop my network connection. If I stay in the store and wait for it to come back I can successfully install apps. It doesn't seem to happen every time when I'm on Wifi.

I would say try to install it from a Wifi connection first. If it doesn't maybe you can install a version from a Titanium Backup then update it.

The dropped data connection in market happens to me too.
    Anyone else having this issue? I seem to have no lighted buttons :( I hated that they turned off before on 2.3 but now I have nothing...
    I had the same problem. Go to Settings->Display->Brightness and enable Automatic brightness and that should fix it.
    um how do i use usb storage on cm9?
    Go to Settings-> Storage->USB computer connection and enable MTP