Full Funtional Dock that Holds in Portrait Position?

Search This thread

HobbesIsReal

Aug 24, 2007
All the docks that I have seen so far that are available now or promised to be released in the future that take advantage of the docking port on the side of the Nexus 7 all hold the tablet in a landscape position. The problem I see with that is that many of the launchers have a harder time in landscape mode. Plus I do a lot of reading on my tablet which I find easier in Portrait mode as well. All of the docks that I have seen that hold the tablet in a portrait position are really only charging stands and do not utilize the docking port on the Nexus 7.

Has anyone seen....or heard of a dock still yet to be released....that uses the docking port on the Nexus 7 and holds it in a portrait position?

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
I've been looking for one too but I don't think you will find one that does uses the pogo pins while in portrait mode. The only ones that you might find is when someone builds one in the forums here and perhaps decides to sell one.

Although it does sound like a fun project to try and attempt and I may take a stab at it in the future.

HobbesIsReal

Aug 24, 2007
You know....you would think that with how low the pins are on the side that this wouldn't be such a far fetch optional dock........

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
You are right, it really isn't but people only want docks in landscape so they can watch movies/play games since thats what they are used to having docks for.

HobbesIsReal

Aug 24, 2007
Actually what would be really cool is a dock that offered both landscape AND portrait. I could see this one in of two ways.

1) have the base slide into two locking positions...one for the size of position for landscape or portrait. In landscape the pins would line up w along the bottom. When in portrait the a second port will line up to the pins along the side.

2) have bother portrait and landscape docks on the same base on opposite sides. You could then just rotate the base to have the you want facing you. It would be cool if both docks could be used at the same too...at least for charging the second one if only one doc is actually active.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium