[Q] S3 bootloop after lcd density

Search This thread

altus84

Jan 18, 2010
Hello there.
Please accept my sincere apologies if this thread is posted elsewhere but please believe I have spent hours so far without a distinct, best solution to my problem.
My galaxy s3 is rooted and cwm installed however I'm not sure how to access it from where I am.
I have changed a default dpi and rebooted to find my self in constant bootloop.
Im at the brink of flashing my rom to a custom one to see if it helps but very scared to do so especially not knowing much about it.
I have performed hard reset by going into recovery mode but it didn't help.
Would anyone please be so kind and point me in a right direction please?

altus84

Jan 18, 2010
just to mention is there any way to recover without loosing my original rom and root access and unlocked sim?
Please help.

just to mention is there any way to recover without loosing my original rom and root access and unlocked sim?
Please help.

Do you have any Nandroid backup (that is CWM backup)?
Or have you backed up builds.prop before you changed LCD density? If yes then restore it.

If you don't have backup (& you don't want to change ROM), then open your current ROM zip in WinRAR on PC, go to system extract only builds.prop and put it on SD Card. Then use Aroma File Manager (Google search it) to put and replace builds.prop. After that fix permissions from CWM Advanced menu and reboot.

If this doesn't work, then you need to flash stock ROM or custom ROM.

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands :D

altus84

Jan 18, 2010
I managed to download and edit build.prop using adb and changed lcd density values from 280 to 320 and stillboot loop.

altus84

Jan 18, 2010
cwm installed automatically after root and I also installed CWM recovery in odin after boot loop but Im not sure how to use it. iried to paste build.prop but here but would not let me

altus84

Jan 18, 2010
downloaded a custom rom from galaxysiiiroms but the procedure says to run from internal sd and i can only copy it to external. will it work if i copy using amd? i tried using external sd but after instalation starts it throws in an error saying failed to verify whole-file signature and signature verification failed

downloaded a custom rom from galaxysiiiroms but the procedure says to run from internal sd and i can only copy it to external. will it work if i copy using amd? i tried using external sd but after instalation starts it throws in an error saying failed to verify whole-file signature and signature verification failed

In CWM, you can disable signature verification.

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands :D