Mar 22, 2008
West Coast
I wouldn't exactly call this stock...

* ADW.Launcher
* Theme with different colors, status bar, animations, etc
* I went to the Market 30 seconds after boot and it crashed

mygraine

Aug 4, 2008
Thanks for posting this. Saved me sbfin' before work this mourning.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

matts175

Mar 18, 2011
I'm on the SBF of 2.3.4 which I debloated with Titanium. Would flashing to this deodexed version do anything for me? I looked up the definition of deodexed but was still a little confused. Is it faster than the stock odexed version? Can someone offer me a dumb down explanation?

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

bswides412

Jul 30, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
I'm on the SBF of 2.3.4 which I debloated with Titanium. Would flashing to this deodexed version do anything for me? I looked up the definition of deodexed but was still a little confused. Is it faster than the stock odexed version? Can someone offer me a dumb down explanation?

I would like to know as well :)

Peperm1nt

Jul 6, 2011
Matewan
Deodex roms enable you to theme and do all sorts of other black magic Android voodoo on your phone.

lmao this is great.

To answer the question, deodexing is to enable customization to the rom. Also, In theory, you SHOULD get better performance due to the processor only reading apk, as opposed to two. Some say its not as quick, others say it is quick. Bottom line, you NEED this to be done if you are going to design a custom rom or to do a theme. Alos, this allows easier bloat removal, imo, because you are now faced with just deleting 1 file as opposed to two.

Top Liked Posts