[Der Kernel] Trinity for G2x - Performance + Batterylife - CM9 + CM7/GB 2.3.5+ based

Search This thread

Klathmon

May 1, 2011
So I think I have found the sweet spot on the t15 ICS... I think it just needs more "juice" than GB; my lowest UV is 775 and it has not locked up for a day now... good stuff. Thanks morfic for making some badass kernels.

I've noticed that on my phone 750mv runs fine until the second core kicks on, so i set my mine to 775 too :) glad you got it runnin good for ya!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

dylyxcore

I've noticed that on my phone 750mv runs fine until the second core kicks on, so i set my mine to 775 too :) glad you got it runnin good for ya!

Yeah I just posted my specs and what not on Hells ICS thread... a lot of confusion using morfics over there, although I find it just needs a little less UV and it'll run stable. Check out my post and see what your running in comparison to mine. Only been running that config for a day now and had one lockup when I put it on the charger, other than that odd happening it's been running pretty good.

nitrogen618

Jul 14, 2010
Hey morfic, for the ICS CM9 kernel T15, I notice the 2nd core does not come in until 750mhz. Shouldn't it be smoother if the 2nd core comes in at around 1.2ghz? Or would it waste more battery?

dylyxcore

I have been noticing what is really causing my instability on ICS t15 is when I put it on the charger... I made a profile for it and it seemed to help, but it's just the same as my default profile; I found this odd, but just wanted to throw it out there.

noobs be flashing GB kernels too btw on hells ROM lol

Reactions: IRASadPanda

Klathmon

May 1, 2011
I have been noticing what is really causing my instability on ICS t15 is when I put it on the charger... I made a profile for it and it seemed to help, but it's just the same as my default profile; I found this odd, but just wanted to throw it out there.

one of my friends suggested that it might be profiles that are causing lockups. Because you are forcing the phone to make huge frequency (and voltage) jumps right when allot of other things are happening (screen turning off and on, phone charging the battery and doing things it only does on the charger).

Honestly i think profiles are useless because if the phone is not doing anything it will lower the cpu regardless if the screen is on or off. And if the full cpu power is needed for one reason or another while the screen is off, forcing the speed lower will make it take longer which will use more power.

Its called Race to Idle or Hurry Up And Idle. Look it up if you have some time to waste at work :)

Edit:

Profiles are useful in other areas. For example i use them in my car to reduce the cpu because the phone is in the sun and playing music over Bluetooth with gps and screen are on, so i reduce speed to reduce heat :)

Last edited:

morfic

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com
Hey morfic, for the ICS CM9 kernel T15, I notice the 2nd core does not come in until 750mhz. Shouldn't it be smoother if the 2nd core comes in at around 1.2ghz? Or would it waste more battery?

Actually T15-ICS will come on earlier than it used to since i kept the on off points for xlp to build a quick T15.
Ideally i go back to the old points and keep the current only for xlp.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
Is this also available on the website? I'm using AOPK for the G2x and I dont know which one is the ELP for the device/rom.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

http://goo.gl/J2vBD XLP CM9

With IRASADPanda seal of approval.
Is this also available on the website? I'm using AOPK for the G2x and I dont know which one is the ELP for the device/rom.

IRASadPanda

Dec 30, 2011
Johns Creek

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

There is no ELP for CM9, either XLP or T15.

IRASadPanda

Dec 30, 2011
Johns Creek

He has a GB rom too :p.

But yeah, some noobs over in the HFS thread are flashing GB kernels to ICS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Trinity G2x

This kernel aims at bringing performance and usability to your phone.
    Is this kernel where i want it to be? No, not yet.
    Is it worth flashing? Yes it is.

It seems cpasjuste's UV feature is something hard to get around, so I didn't fight the source and just included this.

So what do we have?

• cm source based (2.6.32.43) (cm changelog not repeated here, i'll try to stay in sync)
    • Cpasjuste UV/OC
    • VM improvements (keeps you from running out of memory, stalls if they happen are shorter and less severe than in stock kernels)
    • Build improvements (leaner, meaner code)
    • No crazy long feature lists, less is more!

Thanks to @RyanMacG for euroskank hosting

Make sure you have a recovery with support for ext4

Setcpu supports these kernels, as does the cpu settings under CM7 performance setting, no tool required if further UV is not desired!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www . Der Kernel . com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ICS KERNELS[/SIZE]

http://goo.gl/M3Gid T15-G2x-ICS

http://goo.gl/J2vBD XLP-G2x-ICSc

good night
    Hey Morphic just wanted to say thanks for the Trinity series!!! My phone rocks em like nobody's business. Currently running SINGH-UI V2.4.6 w/ ELP @ 1.1Ghz set on powersave mode (AnTuTu CPU master free v2.0), using V6 w/ 512HP ledded settings and my phone is RIDICULOUS!!! Battery life is AMAZING! I usually have over 50% when I get home at the end of a heavy-extreme usage day. Performance is SICK! I average over 3100 in quadrant 2.0. No glitches, reboots, stability issues or anything. I can safely say that without the Trinity kernels I would of had to switch phones a long time ago. I've used the T15 @ max OC and experienced INCREDIBLE speed and performance (5509 in quadrant 2.0), but I went back to ELP for an unbeatable combo of batt life and performance. Thanks again!

You are welcome.

It's always nice to know what we could do if we wanted to, but lately all the TEUVs or ELPs or whatever the lower power kernels might end up being called is what interests me more, get some usage out of the phone.
    Interestingly, what i am doing on Nexus S and Nexus Prime, i never considered on G2x, maybe i need to try that here too to help screen on time.
    Let me nandroid eb107, now where I have 2 kernels for stock based that function.
    If you want cm7 and oc, flash a nightly of 15th or the day before ext4 changes were made in initramfs and use the kernels in op.
    Since the latest and greatest is ext4, and I already had that.......you can wait.

Once I have this fixed you fan follow along.

Deal?

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk
    http://goo.gl/J2vBD XLP CM9

With IRASADPanda seal of approval.